Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 U2 (Unofficial update)

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
passingby

Re: AnyLanguageStudy v3.0 U2 (Unofficial update)

Post by passingby »

Nice, thanks Nakano.
Here are my ideas I was thinking about adding but can't find time to figure out how.
If you ever plan to do an official update you can consider them.

[spoiler]Last selected range/break point preference can be saved per word list.(meaning Hiragana word list was last set to 20 at a time, RTK set to use break points, etc.)
Save/keep best set completion time (maybe displayed with timer).
Add a counter for missed answers to display with "Set Complete" or with the timer display. Maybe save "Best=_" (lowest amount of misses) somewhere.
Styles can be selected by unique names instead of numbers.

That's it for now.[/spoiler]
Advertising
nakano

Post by nakano »

Hi!

I am also kind of busy so there won't be an update from me in the near future. I have actually promised to help with an android project next, but don't know when the team finds time for that. No one even has Android experience, but we will learn.

As for your suggestions, the first one is probably the most difficult to change (global options -> local options). The best time can probably be saved to some file. A miscounter is easy to add (at least for a session). However, because the user may change the settings anytime that should probably nullify the counter. Styles could have names stored in style folder. For example, a style folder contains a text file "name.txt". If the file exists, the name is read from that. Otherwise the number is showed.
Advertising
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
passingby

Post by passingby »

My theory was to have everything write/read from the word list.
Meaning when you set a range/break point it's written somewhere on the .csv and loaded from there, that way each list would keep it's own settings/records.
Best time and least misses could be saved next to the 'break' point text and displayed the same as the name for a break point is (I don't have an idea for set ranges though).
That's as far as I got in the planning stage at least.

I think ALS is great the way it is though so it doesn't need any of those features any time soon.
mickeyz
Banned

Post by mickeyz »

nice application but in korean there's only Q&A.

i hope you can make korean alphabet and numbers and can type korean letters by selecting the letters and can speak the right pronunciation on so on.

my fiance wants to learn korean so she asked me to find a application for psp.
nakano

Post by nakano »

mickeyz wrote: i hope you can make korean alphabet and numbers and can type korean letters by selecting the letters and can speak the right pronunciation on so on.

my fiance wants to learn korean so she asked me to find a application for psp.
I have zero knowledge of Korean language so I cannot help your fiance. Though, maybe your fiance could create the lists she need with Excel/Open Office + Notepad++ (see readme for more details); shouldn't be too difficult.

A Korean typing interface (similarly done as the Japanese) might be impossible to do with Lua (depends on how the system works). The easiest way to achive this would probably be to port the homebrew into C. And after this, use the Korean OSK-interface. I am not 100% sure this would work, but I assume it would because with PSPEdict you could use the OSK to search Japanese words.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)

Return to “Submissions”