Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Kingdom Of War PSP by UNLIMITEDX

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
UnlimitedX

Re: Kingdom Of War PSP by UNLIMITEDX

Post by UnlimitedX »

The last beta version (V9) will be released Saturday.
See you!

edit:
It will be released today.
i'm late.
Advertising
Last edited by UnlimitedX on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jiun | MOBA F2P Browser Game in pixel art
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
http://jiun.net and http://forums.jiun.net
hardhat

Post by hardhat »

I'll look for it then for sure.
Advertising
UnlimitedX

Post by UnlimitedX »

Kingdom of War PSP beta V9 have been released !
Look at the first post!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

Nice. ;)
PSP Information
PSP Model: Sold
PSP Motherboard:
PSP Firmware Version:
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
UnlimitedX

Post by UnlimitedX »

I've planned a pvp event tonight around 9h30 p.m. (03/15/2011) Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour (Paris)
Try to be here ;)
See you.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
some1
HBL Collaborator

Post by some1 »

Nice game, I just finished playing, however, two things

1) make block Triangle instead of an ability
2) The position lag is very annoying and ruins gameplay

Seeing hardhats suggestions, I thought of one more
3) Save kills and deaths between sessions
Last edited by some1 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
way to keep a secret malloxis...erm jeerum
Hmm, a demo user mode exploit doesn't seem as important anymore, I wonder why... xP
hardhat

Post by hardhat »

- If there were bots guarding the spawn points, the game would be better with less camping near the spawn points.
- It'd be nice if the game would save your name between sessions.
- It'd be nice if the game would allow you to try to reconnect instead of quitting and restarting when there is a connection time out.
Nymphaea
Retired Mod

Post by Nymphaea »

Okay, I was playing earlier and we had 3 vs 3 for a while, which was fun. some1 stole some of my suggestions, but...

1) Position lag: Biggest problem right now. I'm assuming most of what happens is client side, and even if I move away, my position may lag on other people's games, allowing them to attack me when I should be far away. You can also be attacked by someone you can't see near you on your screen. Strangely, the map almost seems immune to this, I've seen people move smoothly on the map, but jerk around/lag on actual screen.

2) Firing arrows makes you spin: This one was wierd, and annoying. After firing an arrow, you rotate 90 degrees clockwise.

3) Parry to Triangle: A suggestion, but triangle doesn't seem to do anything else, maybe make it be Parry, moving back and forth between attack and block is annoying.

4) Invisible walls: There are invisible walls in some places, such as at the southern most tower.

5) Camping: Your spawn point should have multiple spaced out exits, and the enemy team shouldn't be able to enter the spawn point.

Overall though, great game. Even with the lag and wierd bugs, it was hard not to have fun, though in all honesty, the server should enforce team numbers(if there's 3 vs 1, move a random person so it's 2vs2, etc) that happened for a short while, though it balanced itself out quick enough with people joining/leaving.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
jocks,
nerds,
preps,
emos,
punks,
crazies,
losers,
ghosts,
individuals
and people who don't give a dang about the stupid binary joke.
UnlimitedX

Post by UnlimitedX »

some1 wrote:Nice game, I just finished playing, however, two things

1) make block Triangle instead of an ability
2) The position lag is very annoying and ruins gameplay

Seeing hardhats suggestions, I thought of one more
3) Save kills and deaths between sessions
Thanks!
I'll answer you linearly :
1) I've planned to use triangle in the complete release for something else ;)
2) Are you talking about the engament position? It's a way to prevent players from escape after hit once. It also slow you if you take any damages.
3) Yeah, its planned, in next release which will be KOW PSP R1 (Complete game with 3 classes of playable characteres etc), A rank system which confers you bonus will be also included.
hardhat wrote:- If there were bots guarding the spawn points, the game would be better with less camping near the spawn points.
- It'd be nice if the game would save your name between sessions.
- It'd be nice if the game would allow you to try to reconnect instead of quitting and restarting when there is a connection time out.
Npcs will be included in the next release. About connection time out, I will resolve also this problem. Indeed, I've planned to include a main menu where you would be able to choose between offline and Online mods.
Nymphaea wrote:Okay, I was playing earlier and we had 3 vs 3 for a while, which was fun. some1 stole some of my suggestions, but...

1) Position lag: Biggest problem right now. I'm assuming most of what happens is client side, and even if I move away, my position may lag on other people's games, allowing them to attack me when I should be far away. You can also be attacked by someone you can't see near you on your screen. Strangely, the map almost seems immune to this, I've seen people move smoothly on the map, but jerk around/lag on actual screen.

2) Firing arrows makes you spin: This one was wierd, and annoying. After firing an arrow, you rotate 90 degrees clockwise.

3) Parry to Triangle: A suggestion, but triangle doesn't seem to do anything else, maybe make it be Parry, moving back and forth between attack and block is annoying.

4) Invisible walls: There are invisible walls in some places, such as at the southern most tower.

5) Camping: Your spawn point should have multiple spaced out exits, and the enemy team shouldn't be able to enter the spawn point.

Overall though, great game. Even with the lag and wierd bugs, it was hard not to have fun, though in all honesty, the server should enforce team numbers(if there's 3 vs 1, move a random person so it's 2vs2, etc) that happened for a short while, though it balanced itself out quick enough with people joining/leaving.
1) Yeah, ok it's a true probleme because some people lag a lot and the others no. in V9 I've included a kind of security about skills etc, you can hit someone only when you receive a packet from the server. btw if you're lagging you can't spam one skill and kill all your ennemies into the map.

2) The spin effect (lol) is a part of the bow's skill, I know. but I'am wondering if I don't have to do a rotation or to do clockwise rotation and then anti-clockwise.

3) see previous suggestions from some1

4) Yes, I know! It's a bug map, I've failed when I was doing my map. :/ Don't worry this map won't be in the next release.

5)This is a nice idea and I will implement it in the next release... but I was also thinking about a temporary invulnerability. No?

About the server, it's still under development and, in fact, a balance system would be nice!

Thanks!

And don't forget server's opening hours : from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm (European time zone, paris)
but sometimes server can be open before or after, try your luck!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
NightStar3
VIP

Post by NightStar3 »

I played this game, and I like it so far :D

Here are a few suggestions, if you don't mind :P

-I was thinking maybe we can register our nicknames
(and have passwords to prevent other users from using it)
-It would be nice to have a scoreboard, where we can see our kills, deaths, wins, losses, .etc
-It would be nice to see other modes, such as capture the flag and such :P
-It would also be cool to have a variety of attacks, and we could be able to pick up weapons and such
(and it would be nice to have crates that drop sometimes that heal your health)
-Sprite animation when the person walks(up, down, left, right) would make it look more realistic
-A more variety of matches an maps would be nice once you get the server fixed and all
-It would be nice to have a main menu with a walkthrough and all :P
-Customization of controls would be sweet (I'm more used to
SELECT = talk, START = menu, X = attack, O = run, Analog = walking, Left and Right = switching between menus, Triangle = parry, L and R trigger = rotation and so forth :P)

Once again, great game :D
Hope to see more from you soon :P

Cheers,
NightStar3

Return to “Submissions”