Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

YAPM (a) Plugins Manager v0.60

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
Strangelove

Re: YAPM Plugins Manager

Post by Strangelove »

MixeryM@xe wrote:didn't work on my Slim 5.00M33-6.
i add seplugins_path = "flash0:/seplugins/" to my config and your homebrew go back to XMB after splash screen. :?:
That's weird. It means loading of data and config was ok, but it probably failed when accessing the seplugins files. It shouldn't have happened.
usually the homebrew just read the plugin files unless they don't exist, in which case the homebrew tries to create them. this will fail if flash0 doesn't have write-access. i suspect this is what happened.

I have some questions:
- Did the homebrew work at all when you used "ms0:/seplugins"?
- If you create the folder "flash0:/seplugins/" and the empty files "vsh.txt", "game.txt" and "pops.txt". then run the homebrew, does it start now?
- Assuming it started, saving probably won't work (yet).
what kind of plugin can i take to enables write access to flash0
not sure, but i can add the code to my homebrew and make another release. shouldn't take too long.
Advertising
"If you have specific questions ... don't hesitate to ask as the more generic the question is the more philosophic the answer will be" - PSPWizard
MixeryM@xe

Post by MixeryM@xe »

Strangelove wrote:
not sure, but i can add the code to my homebrew and make another release. shouldn't take too long.
this would be nice :D

EDIT:
maybe you can find a solution to manage ms0 and flash0 Plugins simultaneously ?
Advertising
JaxTH

Post by JaxTH »

Strangelove wrote:Same method. Open "yapm.cfg" in a text editor and change the "image_background" setting. "source_images" needs to be "filesystem", but it's already set to that in the partypak.
Awesome. I got it changed now.
Strangelove

Post by Strangelove »

@MixeryM@xe: Uploaded a new version 0.45. Changes are minor so I didn't bother to announce it, however there are some potentially interesting changes: The online check is smooth now, and the homebrew can be signed (!). Also the partypak was revised with a new cool tune.

In your case you'll want to use VSHEBOOT.PBP - check the readme file for more info. And don't forget to set your seplugins_path config setting. It works on flash0 now.

It can be downloaded at it's usual location.
MixeryM@xe wrote:maybe you can find a solution to manage ms0 and flash0 Plugins simultaneously ?
Why? I doubt anyone else would want to switch between plugin folders on a regular basis.

But nothing is stopping you from copying the plugin manager to another directory and change that copy's configuration file, so that one works on flash0 while the other works on ms0. There are tools to change icons and title of homebrew if you need to better distinguish between them.
"If you have specific questions ... don't hesitate to ask as the more generic the question is the more philosophic the answer will be" - PSPWizard
MixeryM@xe

Post by MixeryM@xe »

It works fine.
Thanks for update :)
nakano

Post by nakano »

I personally like to use recovery menu as it's faster and I rarely need to change plugins. However, recovery menu has so many items that this is nicer to use due to categorization.

I have a small suggestion in mind. There is still room for one category after Pops. That could be used for loading/saving plugins and quiting. Then user does not need to press select.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Strangelove

Post by Strangelove »

nakano wrote:I personally like to use recovery menu as it's faster and I rarely need to change plugins. However, recovery menu has so many items that this is nicer to use due to categorization.
I've been looking a bit at comments and stuff and to me it looks like the number one complaint is that it takes time to start the application. So those who change plugins all the time use pprefs or something like that, even though the plugin based plugin managers have shortcomings. pprefs is japanese, EPML is buggy etc.

But I don't really get why anyone would prefer the recovery menu? at least to me it the recovery menu on both TN and PRO seems inconvenient compared to the alternatives. how is the recovery menu faster?
I have a small suggestion in mind. There is still room for one category after Pops. That could be used for loading/saving plugins and quiting. Then user does not need to press select.
That's a good idea. It makes more sense to have everything in one place rather than use a pop-up like that. I'll make sure to add that in the next release.
nakano

Post by nakano »

Strangelove wrote:how is the recovery menu faster?
Yes, I meant it's faster to get to the recovery menu than to locate/launch the eboot (or maybe I am just too used to the old method). You mentioned about plugins, which gives me an idea to quicken the procedure (So this is a free idea for any Genesis developer still wanting to do an unique plugin.). There could be a vsh plugin to launch a specific configurated eboot. For example, when hold is down and user press R, YAPM Plugins Manager is started.
Strangelove wrote:That's a good idea. It makes more sense to have everything in one place rather than use a pop-up like that. I'll make sure to add that in the next release.
Thanks!
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Strangelove

Re: YAPM Plugins Manager 0.50

Post by Strangelove »

Ok. Got enough new features now for a new release. New in 0.50 is that I've now started to distribute both a signed and an unsigned version of the homebrew.

So, what's happened since the 0.40 release?

This release replaces the VSHEboot that was the main reason for the 0.45 release (flash0 support). Instead it now comes with a kernel module. A nice trick that cut down the size of the flash0 feature from 1 Mb to 3 kb. :) Signing was also new in 0.45 but this is the first time I upload a signed package.

Simplified the configuration file and automated a few things. Should make things better for Japanese users. The command menu got moved to its own tab.

Oh, but I saved the best for last. New in this release is the possibility to use color themes.

Edit: Here's documentation on the color theme. The colors are 32-bit, AABBGGRR format, hexadecimal numbers. A=translucency, B=Blue, G=Green, R=Red.
Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Submissions”