Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Localizer™: Translate your XMB![Now GogleCode!][6.60]

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
diamondheart

Re: Localizer™: Translate your XMB![Now GogleCode!][6.39 Wor

Post by diamondheart »

:D Thank you all very much for the help, I will try to change the font.
Advertising
bingo88380

Post by bingo88380 »

Great Plugin
Advertising
silent_4

Post by silent_4 »

I'm try but Arabic use Unicode
converted Arabic font don't work also
so if you can fix it to work for Arabic
danko.ba.nanko

Post by danko.ba.nanko »

Hello all,

I started translating in Croatian/Bosnian an I am certainly sure most Serbians will understand (even tho its Latin and not Cyrillic translation). Well I am using 6.20 Pro-B7 and I noted that if I enter into a translated settings (since I only translated partially) and after that press something that will report an error (like for instance selecting the camera option when one does not have plugged in) and than return to XMB my VSH menu does not work at that time (pressing select button does not show VSH menu), until I select an option that is still not translated...now any idea how to overcome this problem, because by the looks of this it disables VSH menu...

Any ideas?

Regards

EDIT: Correction, it is not up to localizer, because I removed it from seplugins and restarted VSH, selecte same option and got same result VSH not showing after reported error.
PSP 1004 -PRO CFW
PSP GO - Pro Nightly
PS Vita - 3.36 VHBL+ ARK2
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

I'll start a Bulgarian translation when I have a bit more time. Is the Polish translation the only one complete, because that's the only one I saw in the download?
danko.ba.nanko

Post by danko.ba.nanko »

It seems so (regarding Polish language and you have original English- even tho you have a corrected-fixed version from 6.39 here)...I started translating old (from 5.00 Gen FW) but I think one should start from newer version because of the additional options in the OFW which I probably included in this 6.39 version...

Since I am doing express translation I hope I will not get too slugged in regard to translation from my fellow Ex Yu ppl...please understand that there is over 100 pages to be translated :)

Cheers and GL
PSP 1004 -PRO CFW
PSP GO - Pro Nightly
PS Vita - 3.36 VHBL+ ARK2
tamoooo

Post by tamoooo »

Greatings.
I am from Turkey. I think this plugin is the best :) But It needs more time for being usefull. I have some suggestions for Localizer™. Let's start...

Suggestions:

- "strings.txt" file is too long for a regular(stable) translation. Also the file has same words and sentences. Maybe you can reduce these for a easy translation or you can develop a translation tool for PC.

- There is a "font problem". "Paxor.exe" doesn't support some Turkish Alphabet's words. It says me "NOT UNICODE!" These words are "ğ Ğ, ş Ş, İ" maybe more I don't remember. Also PSP doesn't support Turkish font so you can add on the plugin for custom font files for many language. This can be awesome!

I am not a developer or a coder. I don't know my suggestions is can be done easy. But I think like that.

If I was understandable (with my simple and too bad English) I am happy.

Edit: Most important => If "pixor.exe" says me which one character is not in "UNICODE" I can fix the translation. I can't find what's wrong...
Draan

Post by Draan »

tamoooo wrote:Greatings.
Suggestions:

- "strings.txt" file is too long for a regular(stable) translation. Also the file has same words and sentences. Maybe you can reduce these for a easy translation or you can develop a translation tool for PC.

- There is a "font problem". "Paxor.exe" doesn't support some Turkish Alphabet's words. It says me "NOT UNICODE!" These words are "ğ Ğ, ş Ş, İ" maybe more I don't remember. Also PSP doesn't support Turkish font so you can add on the plugin for custom font files for many language. This can be awesome!
Polish translators were developing some kind of tool in java, but I don't know the progress.

About the second problem. I guess the solution is much simpler. That error shows up if your strings.txt file is not in unicode ("UCS-2 Little Endian" format in Notepad++). Switch format to that and try again. If it still won't work, tell me.

About fonts. I've thought about adding more characters to the current font on-the-fly, but that's not easy and require a lot of searching in the system. I've been working on that for a while, but no showable results yet.
tamoooo

Re: Localizer™: Translate your XMB![Now GogleCode!][6.60]

Post by tamoooo »

Hi.
I found something and I have some questiongs again.

- The plugin is NOT compatible with "xmbctrl v1.2" (on psp 09g 6.60 pro-b9)

- I have a localizer.dat file and I want to change something on it. (How) Can I convert it back to strings.txt?
inpixies

Re: Localizer™: Translate your XMB![Now GogleCode!][6.60]

Post by inpixies »

Thanks Draan, now I finally have a "Memory Sticky™". Now I can have a more personalized XMB. This is such a great plugin.
PSP-1001 6.60 PRO-B9

Return to “Submissions”