Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

5h4d0w's Seplugins Manager v1.6

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
drxl

Re: 5h4d0w's Seplugins Manager v1.2b2_2

Post by drxl »

A small suggestion:
I think you should add the explanation about the five lines to customize themes file like you did for your previous version. I can't find these anywhere in this version.
Maybe you just forgot it. ;)
For those interested this is what was inside the previous theme.cfg and it's the same for v1.2b2:
-- Unselected/Regular Text
-- Selected Text
-- Disabled Options
-- Other Text/UI Elements
-- Background Color
5h4d0w wrote:Scrolling past the final plugin or option will reset to the first. Scrolling back past the first will reset to the last.
~ Why did I not do this in the first place?
I think it's very useful this option at least for the selection of the command to apply (now that there are more command)
Can you apply this to the config part/screen too?
Advertising
C4TurD4Y

Post by C4TurD4Y »

Can I propose something? Maybe instead manually writing path to the plugin, you should add "explorer" where you can choose plugin to add in a n00b-friendly style?

Good luck with the competition!
Advertising
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/C4TurD4Y
5h4d0w

Post by 5h4d0w »

@drxl Yep, I totally forgot to write that out. I'll put that in the first post. And yes, I can make the config editor loop around (I thought that I did already :oops:)

@C4TurD4Y I actually have that already written out. It was just a quick test so I didn't want to include it just yet. And thank you and good luck yourself :)
Silver PSP 3001 6.20PRO-B5 Permanent + 32GB MS (2x 16GB MicroSD + Photofast CR-5400)

My PSP GENESIS Entry: SePlugins Manager
flofrucht

Post by flofrucht »

Thanks for the update bro, keep it up :)
twitter.com/flofrucht
PSPDev and scener
Mr. Shizzy

Post by Mr. Shizzy »

Looking good. I would like to see one of the main problems with plugins addressed:
There are so many cool plugins released, that you end up with tons of them in your seplugins folder, and then after a while, you forget what plugin does what.. :/

I think it would be cool if you added a info screen option for each plugin that the end user could set a short description in a text file for. That way you would never lose track of them all.

Not sure if you would be able to implement this feature or not, but it sure would be awesome !! :D

Great work on your app, and good luck in the competition ! :)
PS Vita - 2.02 OFW [Awaiting Frostegater's Release]
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

this theme thingy ... am i supposed to be able to make the disabled plugins a diffrent colour from the rest, or am getting this all wrong?

corse it would be so nice to have the disabled ones in a diffrent colour to easyly see if its on or off ...
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
5h4d0w

Post by 5h4d0w »

@Mr.Shizzy I'll look into it :)

@Halvhjearne No, there isn't a separate color for disabled plugins. I thought that having the big green [ENABLED]/[DISABLED] text shown next to them was enough :P
There is an explanation of what each line in a theme file does in the first post.
Silver PSP 3001 6.20PRO-B5 Permanent + 32GB MS (2x 16GB MicroSD + Photofast CR-5400)

Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

5h4d0w wrote:@Mr.Shizzy I'll look into it :)

@Halvhjearne No, there isn't a separate color for disabled plugins. I thought that having the big green [ENABLED]/[DISABLED] text shown next to them was enough :P
There is an explanation of what each line in a theme file does in the first post.

yea i got it now after fiddling a bit, but it still would be nice to see like "enabled" in green and "disabled" in red if u get my drift ...

.. just a suggestion ;) ... corse as sayd earlyer i allready loved this to begin with, but keep up ur cool works! :mrgreen:
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
Mr. Shizzy

Post by Mr. Shizzy »

OK, I tried the newest version. Very impressive - I like the flow and layout :)

One more small suggestion: for the add a plugin feature.
Instead of having to type in the plugin to add with the OSK, could you just make a file browser?
That would be much more practical.

And maybe let the end user customize the font for Seplugins Manager.
That would be nice - and in many cases, easier on the eyes. ;)

Other than that, if you added the plugin info feature then I would say that this project will have reached perfection.
Nothing more anyone could ask for in a plugin manager. 8-)

Great work - keep it up :D
PS Vita - 2.02 OFW [Awaiting Frostegater's Release]
5h4d0w

Post by 5h4d0w »

Hey guys, I want you to try this newest one out before I make it "official." Just let me know what you think :D

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h4k6km

I've replaced the text input to add a PRX with a file browser, and disabled plugins are greyed out as well as showing "[DISABLED]".
I also included a "How to make themes.txt" in the themes folder.

Return to “Submissions”