Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP3DPlugin - enable anaglyph 3D graphic in gamesV2.21

Submit your entry for the competition here.
check http://wololo.net/genesis for detailed rules
jakedude435

Re: PSP3DPlugin - enable anaglyph 3D graphic in gamesV2.21

Post by jakedude435 »

Its been a while since any updates or posts.
Hows things? Any progress being made?
Is the project going to stall now because PSP is now basically last-gen?
And will there be an attempt at a Vita version if the opportunity presents itself?
Just curious at whats going on. :mrgreen:
Advertising
konit_oo

Post by konit_oo »

Yeah, is the project finished or just forgotten? :)
No updates, no posts, nothing new is happening... :lol: If they make CFW for Vita and I pray it'll be before end of the year, it'll be great to see 3D effect on psp/v games. There has to be enough power, right? :o :D :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:
Advertising
PSPWizard

Post by PSPWizard »

Hi there,

the project on the PSP is parked. I've been looking forward to the PSVita and will check what the PSSuite will enable us to do. Unfortunately it's still not open, unless promoted to be so in april 2012...
However, the plugin makes the PSP running at it's edges so to speak. I'm unable to get all CFW Versions on my own and switch them back and furth to check compatibility with all of them....

Thanks to all of you supporting me and being interested on my mork. May be I'll restart this stuff on Vita...
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Thank you
konit_oo

Post by konit_oo »

PSPWizard wrote:Hi there,

the project on the PSP is parked. I've been looking forward to the PSVita and will check what the PSSuite will enable us to do. Unfortunately it's still not open, unless promoted to be so in april 2012...
However, the plugin makes the PSP running at it's edges so to speak. I'm unable to get all CFW Versions on my own and switch them back and furth to check compatibility with all of them....

Thanks to all of you supporting me and being interested on my mork. May be I'll restart this stuff on Vita...
Good news. Firstly hackers have to crack the console and than is your turn. Do you think that now Vita in theory has enough power to run psp games in anaglyph foramt without any lag? Or even some PSV games? If I improve my coder skills I'll would like to join but this'll be maybe after 2 or 3 years. I'm in just in the beginning. :lol:
PSPWizard

Post by PSPWizard »

Hi,

as far as I'm aware the PSV poweer would not help with PSP games running in the emulator as I'm sure they have implemented a "brake" to run the emulator at maximum speed of a real PSP. However, if it comes to PSV games we might somedays be able to utilize the full psv power to achieve such nice stuff there. Currently I'm playing around with the PSSuite SDK to see what is possible there...

best regards
PSPWizard
Coldbird
Guru

Post by Coldbird »

Performance / Cycle-wise the PSS is limited aswell...

For example the frame output rate for the screen is capped at a absolute maximum of 60fps (on the Vita atleast, no idea about other devices, the simulator isn't affected by the screen-frame-caps).

Also I did some - not too important but interesting - benchmarks on the Vita... which are very disappointing so far...

Operationwise, the PSS seems to be throttled a lot on the Vita - most likely - intentionally - to make CPU operation intensive tasks like emulation impossible...
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔
cybergolyo

Post by cybergolyo »

Hi PSPWizard

I have a brilliant idea.
The PSP-s have TV out (some).
If the PSP3DPlugin can generate a side-by-side 3D then the owner can play PSP games on a modern 3D capable TV (with the TV out PSP).
Its maybe not so difficult. The colorisation is not needed. Only the side-by-side image creating.
Thanks
Alex_rac

Post by Alex_rac »

Hi PSPwizard long time no see.... :D i m here to ask you a favour obviously , can you make a new version of this pluging to let me test it on my PSVITA? the actual version 2.21 make use of the note button to activate the 3d effect and use the start button to make menu pop up but obviously there isnt the note button on PSVITA and the pressing of the start button is already assigned to exit from the game so i cant use it :roll: so please can you map buttons like this? remove the use of the note button and the start button>select button that way i ll be able to open the psp3d menu using the select button and activate the 3d effect using such menu :D please i cant wait to try your plugin on my PSVITA
konit_oo

Post by konit_oo »

For now you can't try that plugin on your vita even if the activation button is changed. The reason is that psp3d plugin needs support of vsh, pops and game.txt files but CEF TN-B sloads just pops and game, so it's fairly possible to run that plugin on your vita. The best'll be when they fully hack vita to be written such plugin because vita has enough power to run it without lag, or the other option is - when UVLoader comes on to be made a game that is 3D. :D

Return to “Submissions”