Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Genesis Competition 2011 Winners

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
wololo
Site Admin

Re: PSP Genesis Competition 2011 Winners

Post by wololo »

D-TeK-DeV wrote:So since the competition is over and all, no more updates to LameCraft? Alot of LameCraft players are wanting animals, weapons, monsters, and infrastructure.
Lamecraft is open source so most likely new devs will join the fun. Drakon also told me that he plans to keep updating it.
Finally, looking at the source, the last update was 4 days ago so I don't know what the heck you're talking about :)
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
criptych

Post by criptych »

Congratulations to the winners. Nice work, guys. :D

I only wish I'd had my other project further along - I bet it could've rocked the boat a little. ;)
Advertising
PSP-2001 // CFW 6.60 ME-1.2 and GCLite // Genesis Competition Entry
"So, we meet again: for the first time, for the last time." —Spaceballs
Flameaim
Banned

Post by Flameaim »

D-TeK-DeV wrote:So since the competition is over and all, no more updates to LameCraft? Alot of LameCraft players are wanting animals, weapons, monsters, and infrastructure.
i think u should take a visit here and join the Fun :D http://drakon.ixan.net/phpBB3/
:D :D :D
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

So how exactly was the judging decided? Did all the judges have a vote or a list and the common ones were selected?
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

Dwighty wrote: :lol:

Man, can you believe that.

In a financial sense, you've given your right arm, leg, foot, head to the cause, ran a great competition, and all you ask in return is to post a link which is directly/indirectly relevant to the thread and then some wise guy...........

Grr.......If this was any other forum, some flaming would be being dished out by myself to nisarg_kolhe for even bringing it up.

As a punishment, there's only one thing for it.

Send him to the guillotine and off with his head. :twisted:
Don't kill me man!If it requires some actions against me o.k. i'm ready i was just pointing it out for just fun!
Reality Sucks! :|
!~My Blog~!
[spoiler]Ultimate PS3 Theme Mod v2.1(For PSP)
Image[/spoiler]
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ASKidwai wrote:So how exactly was the judging decided? Did all the judges have a vote or a list and the common ones were selected?
We all had 3 weeks to play with the 111 entries, and come up with a list of our favorites.

I don't know how the other ones rated the entries, but I personally used the following criteria:
- Originality (Has this been already made? Has this been already made on the PSP ?)
- first impact and user interface (Does the game/app look cool / is easy to use / do I want to see more after the first 2 minutes ?)
- (When applicable) gfx and sound (are the graphics/sound original, and are they well made ?)
- Scene impact (partly gut feeling, also based on how many people support the homebrew, basically "will people remember this homebrew in 1 year ?". This is also where I added points if the entry was open source, as I believe it's a huge part of what makes a homebrew "supported" by the scene).
- replay value for games (customization, etc...) and usefulness for apps/plugins

Each one of those was attributed a note between 1 and 10.

I knew my criteria involved lots of "subjective" terms, so I ended up with a list of 28 brilliant homebrews (and even with that, there were still entries that I liked that got out of the list).
Thankfully, the other judges were more reasonnable, with lists of 5 or 10 entries.

Lamecraft and pro cfw were in almost all judges' top 3, so it was easy to say that they would end up on the podium. After roughly 30 minutes discussion, we agreed that they should be 1 and 2, and we had a vote to determine which one would be first, which one would be second.

We had much more disagreement on who would be 3rd, and that took an additional 1h to decide. All the entries had pros and cons... the plugins localizer and psp3d were a bit "niche" products, but were extremely original and useful. Shell demonstrated lots of work and involvement, but also had this feeling of "what if nobody supports it? It could dies tomorrow, so much work remains to be done for a single dev". Some1's downgrader was...well, it was a freaking Kernel exploit...we got what...1 per year? But appart from the genius of the exploit, not much "programming" meat...
So, yeah, I can say that 3rd position was a fight, not even mentioning that we were all trying to root for a few additional entries that were in our top 5, top 10, or top 28...
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
npt
VIP

Post by npt »

Wololo wrote:
ASKidwai wrote:So how exactly was the judging decided? Did all the judges have a vote or a list and the common ones were selected?
We all had 3 weeks to play with the 111 entries, and come up with a list of our favorites.

I don't know how the other ones rated the entries, but I personally used the following criteria:
- Originality (Has this been already made? Has this been already made on the PSP ?)
- first impact and user interface (Does the game/app look cool / is easy to use / do I want to see more after the first 2 minutes ?)
- (When applicable) gfx and sound (are the graphics/sound original, and are they well made ?)
- Scene impact (partly gut feeling, also based on how many people support the homebrew, basically "will people remember this homebrew in 1 year ?". This is also where I added points if the entry was open source, as I believe it's a huge part of what makes a homebrew "supported" by the scene).
- replay value for games (customization, etc...) and usefulness for apps/plugins

Each one of those was attributed a note between 1 and 10.

I knew my criteria involved lots of "subjective" terms, so I ended up with a list of 28 brilliant homebrews (and even with that, there were still entries that I liked that got out of the list).
Thankfully, the other judges were more reasonnable, with lists of 5 or 10 entries.

Lamecraft and pro cfw were in almost all judges' top 3, so it was easy to say that they would end up on the podium. After roughly 30 minutes discussion, we agreed that they should be 1 and 2, and we had a vote to determine which one would be first, which one would be second.

We had much more disagreement on who would be 3rd, and that took an additional 1h to decide. All the entries had pros and cons... the plugins localizer and psp3d were a bit "niche" products, but were extremely original and useful. Shell demonstrated lots of work and involvement, but also had this feeling of "what if nobody supports it? It could dies tomorrow, so much work remains to be done for a single dev". Some1's downgrader was...well, it was a freaking Kernel exploit...we got what...1 per year? But appart from the genius of the exploit, not much "programming" meat...
So, yeah, I can say that 3rd position was a fight, not even mentioning that we were all trying to root for a few additional entries that were in our top 5, top 10, or top 28...
Wow, what fun it was to watch the back and forth in that judging channel.... : )

Regards,

npt

:geek:
General Jewel

Post by General Jewel »

congrats to Drakon and providing us with the truely amazing LameCraft, Everyone wanted this to win as its was truely a ambitious homebrew game with awesome updates, I mean we got recently night & day cycle.. Here is more updates to this great homebrew game!!
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

Oh I see!

Thanks for telling us this :)
eses

Post by eses »

congrats all and good job every one who didnt made it
PSP N1004: 6.20 OFW -TN HEN C
PSP 1000: 5.50 GEN C

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”