Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Disqualify Nazi Zombies Portable

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
Jukki

Re: Disqualify Nazi Zombies Portable

Post by Jukki »

Ok jukki here. Sory for all this trouble. Let me clear some things up.

1. sorry. As someone has said i have left for 4 week trip. I am not in my comp atm BUT tomorow i should b and i will upload the engine source asap

2. Yes i know gpl. I have basicaly tried to avoid it this whole time, but i have promised my self to release it as soon as someone asks for it. As far as i know we dont need to release the source with binary, but incase it is wanted it should be released (i dont know if this is the real thing)

3. i have keept the engine source for my self all the time cause no one else in our team knows how to code it or complie it (exept ex member kolby) also because i hate moving stuff all the time (lazy)

4. One thing i must bame blubs is that he could have uploaded the litle older source from our dropbox. Its outdated but not badly

(edit: oh and ur game is VERY MINOR edited proquake (linked allready here) basicaly everything is a) from tutorials, b) very minor stuff. )
5. well i hope this cleared lot of things.

I wish this doesnt disqualify us from competion. we do respect gpl, id1, and so on, and we want pepols to have the source if they ask for it. The qc can be released in future with full version. (and as we said its 100 % writen from scratch so i think its gpl free)

nice summer to everyone. I try to upload the source asap
Advertising
blubswillrule

Post by blubswillrule »

For one thing, I scoured the entire dropbox and didn't find it anywhere.

Another thing I want to clear up.

It was I that locked that thread regarding the source, and here is why...
When the person posted about the source, he never specified which source it was that he was after, and since in my mind, the qc source is more desirable than the engine source, I immediately jumped to conclusions that the source requested was the qc source.

I'm personally against cheats, I believe in playing games the way they're meant to be played, so when I heard of somebody editing our leaked (thanks to kolby) source to "edit the amount of money zombie kills give you", I kinda' cringe and think to myself that that is cheating, therefore I prefer having Nazi Zombies: Portable closed source, to keep it the way it's supposed to be, and the fact is, when my mind is set about something I do not like arguing it, so I locked the thread, again, thinking that he was after the qc source.

I do not, nor have ever intended to pretend that the engine is 100% custom, we have never hidden' the fact that it is based on proquake and darkplaces, so we didn't intend any harm by not releasing the source alongside the game.
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ultimakillz wrote:again, im not sure why the fact that no one requested the source until now is a valid argument. from my understanding of the gpl the source must be included when the product was released, regardless if it was requested or not. am i missing something here?
I believe your understanding is slightly incorrect.
Long story short, the sources must be made available in an "easy enough" way to people who request it. Although most people simply provide the sources (or a link to it) directly in the binary because that's the easiest way. The GPL precisely lists several ways. including the source code with the binary is one of the ways, but not the only one.
Jukki wrote: 1. sorry. As someone has said i have left for 4 week trip. I am not in my comp atm BUT tomorow i should b and i will upload the engine source asap
Thanks a lot, looking forward to this :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

ok, here is the psp engine source. I am very bad at thease source things but well here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFVPC433

note that this source is NOT the same version as we release, this version has FiXED ad hoc :)
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

@Jukki: finally dude... A quick advice: try to avoid this kind of situations in the future, because you might bump on people not as kind as wololo. Some not-so-nice people can get very upset with GPL violators, and trust me, you don't want those guys against you.

Looking at the facts, IMO you guys actually never wanted to release the source code until you were threatened with being disqualified from Genesis. I'm glad we made you honor the GPL license. Since the issue is solved, no more comments from me here.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Lartza

Post by Lartza »

When you have time, upload the PC source too :) (If it's different that is, but here I assume it is) And then everything is nearly perfect.
svenn

Post by svenn »

Kinda sad that (open-)source is so hard to provide these days, you should think with free hosting, free SVN, a-a ... Its a nice game you guys made, next time (?) push it open-source, I believe there is some extra cash for open-source entry's.
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

Actualy we were planing for opensource for full release. And we were gona release source when someone asked. I am up to opensource but some of the eam mebers not.

We are however planing to elease qc sorce later too. We like opensource projects to ;)
theonlyone24

Post by theonlyone24 »

hey jukki...could you upload it to mediafire?
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

i´m not jukki but you can find it if you follow my signature.. use the signed (shrunk) ver.

:arrow:
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”