Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Genesis Competition - The wait and see game....

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
kenma9123

Re: The Genesis Competition - The wait and see game....

Post by kenma9123 »

It was my first time to join on a such competition.. and expand my skill onto psp programming even a bit.
it was a great competition.. for the people who support other dev's and there stuff.. thank you everyone :)

Till next time (I do hope it will have again next year!!) :lol:
btw,I'm still gonna update my plugin,but it will take slow because of my real life stuff ;P
Advertising
"Embrace your dreams"
-Zack Fair

Proud to be Filipino
billys981

Post by billys981 »

some1 FTW~
Advertising
Kasumi

Re: The Genesis Competition - The end is near......

Post by Kasumi »

Dwighty wrote: Oh man, just read your spoiler, that sucks, feel for you. Fingers crossed for you that you'll get it out some day soon.

Man, I'm really tempted to run my own Genesis 2 competition, and only allow you to enter it, just to make you feel good. :P

My prizes would be significantly less though, like ten dollars, as I'd be the only sponsor of it. :D
Thanks for the positives feelings. I'm better now! The deadline passing freed me to work on something less stressful, and I may not have got top 3, even if I had finished the full story based one. Honestly, I learned a lot and surprised myself at what I could get done since the bulk of the engine was built in less than a week. And I DID come up with the story for the game solely because of this competition. I definitely like it enough to make this game at some point. In hindsight, a positive experience. It'll probably end up on PC for ease of development, though, unless more extreme financial incentive comes around for PSP/NGP if that's what the next one will be for.

More on topic, I'm really interested in the results now. I completely respect the judges for taking the time to put all this together, and then judge the ~100 entries. I've barely tried 4 of them, and even that took a lot of time. Not to mention having to compare entirely different things, like games and plugins. I haven't played enough of them to have a favorite for the competition, but I will probably only be trying the games anyway.
blubswillrule

Post by blubswillrule »

Thanks to all the people who are involved in the Genesis competition guys! It's contributions like yours that make having a psp worthwhile! :D

Remember , it's not about winning the competition, it's about making awesome games for the underrated psp.

I remember back a while ago, pre-genesis competition, a lot of these great games that exist now, were unheard of at the time, and so I personally want to thank whoever started the whole competition, for now we have a whole bunch load of awesome psp games to download and enjoy.

ViP3R

Post by ViP3R »

History is made at the Genesis Competition. It's not the prize at stake, it's our handheld device that is.
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP
nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

This thread looks like a speech what a VIP or judge gives before prize ditribution :lol: BTW yeah every participants need appreciation.
Then also CB,VF and some1 FTW!
Reality Sucks! :|
!~My Blog~!
[spoiler]Ultimate PS3 Theme Mod v2.1(For PSP)
Image[/spoiler]
ViP3R

Post by ViP3R »

Guys isn't disappointing that TN didn't join? He has like 90% of winning chance with his creations :cry:
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP
equis

Post by equis »

This compo gets me amazed, the quality of the homebrews is great, like I've never seen before. Really, I can't choose a favorite between some homebrews... specially if those are besides different categories :mrgreen: It will be very hard to the judges choose the winners.
I expect SilverEdge can win some prizes, it's a really nice game. I'd only wish some additional levels in the game... :)

ViP3R wrote:Guys isn't disappointing that TN didn't join? He has like 90% of winning chance with his creations :cry:
I think is better he didn't joined the compo (better for the judges :D ) as he has his own ethics code.
e.q.u.i.s.: Expert Qualified for Unrestrained Intense Stimulation
Dwighty

Post by Dwighty »

equis wrote:This compo gets me amazed, the quality of the homebrews is great, like I've never seen before. Really, I can't choose a favorite between some homebrews... specially if those are besides different categories :mrgreen: It will be very hard to the judges choose the winners.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Man, I'd hate to be a judge. Some the apps are fantastic, some of the games are fantastic. I don't think I could name a winner, there's just so much homebrew to like. The talent on show is unbelievable.
apolloscow

Post by apolloscow »

I have to agree with everything dwighty said no matter how small your entry is it makes our psp's a more fun device. Thank you every psp dev out there for making our scene a better place. :D

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”