The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
#74291 by kenma9123
Tue May 31, 2011 10:52 am
It was my first time to join on a such competition.. and expand my skill onto psp programming even a bit.
it was a great competition.. for the people who support other dev's and there stuff.. thank you everyone :)

Till next time (I do hope it will have again next year!!) :lol:
btw,I'm still gonna update my plugin,but it will take slow because of my real life stuff ;P
Advertising
#74490 by Kasumi
Tue May 31, 2011 7:28 pm
Dwighty wrote:Oh man, just read your spoiler, that sucks, feel for you. Fingers crossed for you that you'll get it out some day soon.

Man, I'm really tempted to run my own Genesis 2 competition, and only allow you to enter it, just to make you feel good. :P

My prizes would be significantly less though, like ten dollars, as I'd be the only sponsor of it. :D

Thanks for the positives feelings. I'm better now! The deadline passing freed me to work on something less stressful, and I may not have got top 3, even if I had finished the full story based one. Honestly, I learned a lot and surprised myself at what I could get done since the bulk of the engine was built in less than a week. And I DID come up with the story for the game solely because of this competition. I definitely like it enough to make this game at some point. In hindsight, a positive experience. It'll probably end up on PC for ease of development, though, unless more extreme financial incentive comes around for PSP/NGP if that's what the next one will be for.

More on topic, I'm really interested in the results now. I completely respect the judges for taking the time to put all this together, and then judge the ~100 entries. I've barely tried 4 of them, and even that took a lot of time. Not to mention having to compare entirely different things, like games and plugins. I haven't played enough of them to have a favorite for the competition, but I will probably only be trying the games anyway.
#74672 by blubswillrule
Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 am
Thanks to all the people who are involved in the Genesis competition guys! It's contributions like yours that make having a psp worthwhile! :D

Remember , it's not about winning the competition, it's about making awesome games for the underrated psp.

I remember back a while ago, pre-genesis competition, a lot of these great games that exist now, were unheard of at the time, and so I personally want to thank whoever started the whole competition, for now we have a whole bunch load of awesome psp games to download and enjoy.

#74701 by ViP3R
Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:45 am
History is made at the Genesis Competition. It's not the prize at stake, it's our handheld device that is.
#74782 by ViP3R
Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:36 pm
Guys isn't disappointing that TN didn't join? He has like 90% of winning chance with his creations :cry:
#74801 by equis
Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 pm
This compo gets me amazed, the quality of the homebrews is great, like I've never seen before. Really, I can't choose a favorite between some homebrews... specially if those are besides different categories :mrgreen: It will be very hard to the judges choose the winners.
I expect SilverEdge can win some prizes, it's a really nice game. I'd only wish some additional levels in the game... :)

ViP3R wrote:Guys isn't disappointing that TN didn't join? He has like 90% of winning chance with his creations :cry:

I think is better he didn't joined the compo (better for the judges :D ) as he has his own ethics code.
#74828 by Dwighty
Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:40 pm
equis wrote:This compo gets me amazed, the quality of the homebrews is great, like I've never seen before. Really, I can't choose a favorite between some homebrews... specially if those are besides different categories :mrgreen: It will be very hard to the judges choose the winners.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Man, I'd hate to be a judge. Some the apps are fantastic, some of the games are fantastic. I don't think I could name a winner, there's just so much homebrew to like. The talent on show is unbelievable.