Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The Genesis Competition - The wait and see game....

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
Dwighty

The Genesis Competition - The wait and see game....

Post by Dwighty »

......now start's, as it's game over for new entries. :cry: Hey, it's not all bad, now the voting fun soon starts so yay. :D

In the meantime, join me by congratulating and wishing luck to all of the contestants who entered the competition. We can't just leave it at that can we, let's congratulate the creators and sponsors of this great competition too.

Some of the homebrew entered into the Genesis Competition has been of a very high standard. Of those who entered, there will be winners and there will be losers. However, in the eyes of the PSP community you are all winners.
Remember this, no matter how big or small your Genesis Competition entry is, your contribution has ensured the PSP scene stays alive. Your creations will be downloaded and enjoyed by others for centuries to come. :D (C'mon, you know what I mean.)

The NGP? Meh... Who the heck needs that piece of ***, when the PSP scene is as alive as it is right now. 8-)

Contestants, gentlemen, take a bow...

*cyber claps*

*whistles*

We thank you all, and wish you all good luck, you deserve it.

C'mon, don't get me angry people, you really won't like me angry, congratulate them, wish them luck, thank them, whatever them, just do it, do it right now. :twisted: :)

Advertising
Last edited by Dwighty on Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dwighty

Re: The Genesis Competition - The end is near......

Post by Dwighty »

*Looks around*

Erm..... It's been an hour, over twenty views, and no one else has posted thanks yet, I guess no one is scared of me. :P
Advertising
wassgha

Post by wassgha »

Congratulations to everybody!
Hope that PSPInstaller 6 wins, really!!
Last edited by wassgha on Sun May 29, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

Thanks to some1 and Drakon !
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
RUSTII

Post by RUSTII »

:cry: :cry: Its been like 4 months since i have had to think of life without the Gen Comp..
Get home,Check for a few updates..we all hove done it ;) :D
but really Every Dev that has entered there work has done a great Job,And we thank you..
You have made LCFW's,Games and plug ins and you have allowed us to join in seeing these great things come around..
..All for our psp's,and every one of you deserve more credit then you get..

i was you all good luck in your future devolopments,and hope to see more releases after the comp..

*cyber claps*

*whistles*
Keep them coming, they deserve it..

EDIT
64 views and 3 comments,give a little credit..
TiPi wrote:I won.

/misusing modpowers
AndrewYY

Post by AndrewYY »

The end of this competition may be near, but with all of the newly released projects, I'm sure this is just the beginning of a whole chain of activity for the scene :)
Silveredge: 2D bullet curtain shooter for Genesis Compo
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

Great thread :D
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Blog Entry of sadness :(
I am disappointed that I can't enter.

Here's a teaser of what could have been(522 KB gif):
http://i.imgur.com/XJGcH.gif

*Placeholder graphics obviously. (Made the Dr. Mario sprite myself with NES restrictions, it's not ripped from any game. He wasn't going to be the main character, though)
*Low framerate is because I was saving a .png every frame instead of making an actual video. Game supports a fair number of objects colliding with no framerate drops.
*Had some slight sprite layering issues which can been seen at the end of the gif. Objects going behind objects does work. Objects on top of other objects do not always layer correctly.

I stayed up for the last four days straight working on this thing, and it's still totally impossible for me to finish in the 18 hours I'd have left by REALLY stretching time zones. (Tarawa, Kiribati's time zone!) It especially hurts because I sorta stopped another game project I've been working on for this. :oops: But... real life hit me hard. First, I thought: Well, I can just water down the story and it'll get done on time. Then, it hit me again. And I decided I'd just drop two of the dungeons. Then... I wanted to just get ONE dungeon done with zero story, and I can't even do that. Even if I could, the code would end up so sloppy that I'd never want to work on it again.

It was a puzzle-adventure sort of game like Zelda. One could knock blocks off high places with lacrosse *** (what the pink boxes represent). Had some other items planned for the inventory and really cool puzzles planned as well.

I had a map editor that created the map "wireframe" and layered accordingly on the fly. One would test the level this way to make sure it worked. Tiles would have then be laid on top of the terrain to make it pretty. It had its own scripting language. "{*if {*lmram 0*} = 0 {*destroysprite 1*}*}" would destroy sprite 1 if value 0 of the map scratch RAM was 0. With the map editor and scripts, users could make their own dungeons.

So ends the eulogy for my contest entry.

That's enough crying, blogging and teasing from me. :lol: I'm still somewhat proud of my first "3d" game. 3d In the sense that it uses the depth buffer, and has 3d collision logic.

You'll probably see it in some form eventually, but I have to finish my other game project now. And then at least, this won't have a watered down story and graphics that were literally made in an hour.
</blog>
I still hope a game that isn't a clone of something takes the top spot!

Good luck to other devs!

Excuse me while I sleep for an entire week.
Dwighty

Post by Dwighty »

Kasumi wrote:
Blog Entry of sadness :(
I am disappointed that I can't enter.

Here's a teaser of what could have been(522 KB gif):
http://i.imgur.com/XJGcH.gif

*Placeholder graphics obviously. (Made the Dr. Mario sprite myself with NES restrictions, it's not ripped from any game. He wasn't going to be the main character, though)
*Low framerate is because I was saving a .png every frame instead of making an actual video. Game supports a fair number of objects colliding with no framerate drops.
*Had some slight sprite layering issues which can been seen at the end of the gif. Objects going behind objects does work. Objects on top of other objects do not always layer correctly.

I stayed up for the last four days straight working on this thing, and it's still totally impossible for me to finish in the 18 hours I'd have left by REALLY stretching time zones. (Tarawa, Kiribati's time zone!) It especially hurts because I sorta stopped another game project I've been working on for this. :oops: But... real life hit me hard. First, I thought: Well, I can just water down the story and it'll get done on time. Then, it hit me again. And I decided I'd just drop two of the dungeons. Then... I wanted to just get ONE dungeon done with zero story, and I can't even do that. Even if I could, the code would end up so sloppy that I'd never want to work on it again.

It was a puzzle-adventure sort of game like Zelda. One could knock blocks off high places with lacrosse *** (what the pink boxes represent). Had some other items planned for the inventory and really cool puzzles planned as well.

I had a map editor that created the map "wireframe" and layered accordingly on the fly. One would test the level this way to make sure it worked. Tiles would have then be laid on top of the terrain to make it pretty. It had its own scripting language. "{*if {*lmram 0*} = 0 {*destroysprite 1*}*}" would destroy sprite 1 if value 0 of the map scratch RAM was 0. With the map editor and scripts, users could make their own dungeons.

So ends the eulogy for my contest entry.

That's enough crying, blogging and teasing from me. :lol: I'm still somewhat proud of my first "3d" game. 3d In the sense that it uses the depth buffer, and has 3d collision logic.

You'll probably see it in some form eventually, but I have to finish my other game project now. And then at least, this won't have a watered down story and graphics that were literally made in an hour.
</blog>
I still hope a game that isn't a clone of something takes the top spot!

Good luck to other devs!

Excuse me while I sleep for an entire week.
Oh man, just read your spoiler, that sucks, feel for you. Fingers crossed for you that you'll get it out some day soon.

Man, I'm really tempted to run my own Genesis 2 competition, and only allow you to enter it, just to make you feel good. :P

My prizes would be significantly less though, like ten dollars, as I'd be the only sponsor of it. :D
RPSangcap

Re: The Genesis Competition - The wait and see game....

Post by RPSangcap »

Well, good luck to everyone! :)
*Sniffles*
Let's hope the PSP scene will continue.
*Sniffles more*

*eventually.......* :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My YouTube channel :D

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”