I'm here to announce that Xplora 2 is going on.
A year ago I've decided to leave the project because I've not ben able to find out the time to complete it.
Anyway some months ago I've decided to continue and now I've done almost the 70% of the entire shell.
For the newcomers and everyone who has not seen Xplora 1.8,
Xplora 2 is a entirely new PSP shell with a multi-language user-friendly interface written in C language.
The Xplora project has begun in 2008 and so you can easily figure out that it's a very big project.
This thread will be continuously updated with new screens and information about Xplora 2.
So what can you do with Xplora 2??
First the file manager that allow you to do all the common actions like
creating, copying, moving, deleting, renaming and show detailed informations of your files and folders.
Than comes all the plugins:
- Homebrew Sorter: With this utility you can basically sort the games\apps icons that are shown in the XMB.
- Nand Dumper: Dump you PSP system memory in binary format and so compatible with the most of the installers.
- Umd Dumper: Dump your UMD directly to the Memory Stick in ISO, CSO or DAX format.
- Configuration Utility: From that utility you can show the theme, the background image, the language and some settings of the analog stick.
- Archieve Manager: Extract any RAR and ZIP files.
- Music Player: Play your favourite MP3 or OGG file, this player gives you all the common functions. (Play, Pause, Stop, Next\Prev Track, Fow\Rew, ID3 informations.
- Image Viewer: View all your favourite pictures. (png, jpg, bmp, ..some others will come..)
- Text Editor: With this text editor your can write all plain files you want, uses Danzeff OSK as interface.
- ISO\CSO-PBP-PRX Lancher: Starts your applications, games or modules from file manager. (Obliviously returns to Xplora when you exit for a game or app).
- TODO!! - Book reader: PDF, DOC, HTML, etc... (Boork integration maybe)
- PMF Player: View your *.pmf videos directly on your PSP.
- SePlugins Manager: With this utility you can manage the CFW plugins, adding, moving and deleting each plugin.
- Games and Applicaions: A simple utility to show all the Games and Applications you have on the Memory Stick. ( Can start each game\app installed)
- Some others applications will be written soon!!
Every application runs in a thread and Xplora 2 manager every application,
as a result Xplora is a multi-threading environment.
Every application can be run in background, for obliviously reasons however
not all the applications can be run in background because there's no need to.
The music player, nand dumper and the umd dumper instead background run is possible,
while you are listening a track in fact you can view your favourite pictures or write a document.
Here some screens!!
The theme is just a old template, nothing definitive...
You can refer to the official blog for more updated news:
I hope you enjoy it!!