Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Recruiting Graphical Designer for a card game

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
nakano

Recruiting Graphical Designer for a card game

Post by nakano »

Position for Graphical Designer (NO MORE, ALREADY RECRUITED)

Position: A talented, skillful and creative graphical designer for a card game.

Pay: 1/3 of possible money winnings (no, t-shirts are not shipped in 1/3 pieces).

How to apply: Follow these instructions. Create a png sample card 179 (width) x 250 (height). Card is required to have a name, an image and a description (this is the order!) plus a border. You are not allowed to use copyrighted images; you need to create them by yourself. Your sample is required to have the following information:
- Card name: Tax Evasion
- Card image: Something that fits the description.
- Description: Target player’s company is suspected to earn money through tax evasion by revenue officers. Company cannot make oneself more conspicuous so it cannot earn any more money or the company cannot be sold.

When you have finished the sample, send me a private message and tell you have the sample ready. I'll give you my email address so that you can send it for me to be approved. The deadline for the sample is 4/15/2011 (decision made 4/13/2011). After this we decide who we could recruit. We may also shorten the deadline if we're definite that we want to use a specific graphical designer. Just in case you should send me a private message that you're working on a sample and we wait.

Work after accepted: At the moment, we need graphics for 24 cards and 17 other images (selectors and backgrounds, for example. If you approve some pre-made images like arrows and numbers, can be used as if.). The images should be finished at the end of current month.

Questions: Contact me through a private message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous info:

I have a card game concept in my mind, but I don't have time to work with it for Genesis. This is why the project needs a C or Lua programmer. I appreciate if you have been active in the PSP scene or at least done one application for PSP before considering this offer. It would also be great if you're a skillful card image/graphic designer at the same time. However, we may try to hire a designer if needed. If you're interested in programming, write me a private email or reply to this topic.

About the game
The game includes 100 cards (24 unique). There may be 2-4 players (cpu logic is needed!). The goal of the game is to foundate a company and earn more money than other players. Some cards in hand become negative points at the end of game. In addition, with a few cards you can sabotage other companies.

Share of tasks

Me:
- translating the concept
- testing
- writing readme
- releasing in forum
- sharing of possible winnings

Programmer:
- plan, do and test the code
- release source code (open source project)

Designer:
- create graphics for the game
- create cards

The possible winnings are shared 20% for me and 80% for programmer who is the designer at the same time. If designer is someone else, his/her share is taken from programmers fee as negotiated.
Advertising
Last edited by nakano on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Yamagushi

Re: "Hiring" a programmer(/designer) for a card game

Post by Yamagushi »

No way?? You will give us an rough idea for a generic card game, likely a clone of 'Go Fish', for only 20% of the winnings?! What a deal! >_>
Advertising
nakano

Post by nakano »

Yamagushi wrote:No way?? You will give us an rough idea for a generic card game, likely a clone of 'Go Fish', for only 20% of the winnings?! What a deal! >_>
Yes, of course. Concepting cost. Well, not only that. I don't think that things will go smoothly like "I can just wait a miracle and a product is to be finished.". But if that happens, I can possible consider my fee again. However, if things do not go smoothly at all (I need to help with coding / read code), I think it would be reasonable to increase my fee. As I listed, there are other chores that need to be done. For example, coordinating with different parties and throughout testing, of course. I think I also need to discuss about solutions with programmer too. Software projects are not only coding!

And what I wrote is just generic (as you said) introduction. Specific rules are shared with a possible team mate. And I really need to translate the rules (I have personally written) from Finnish to English.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Yamagushi wrote:No way?? You will give us an rough idea for a generic card game, likely a clone of 'Go Fish', for only 20% of the winnings?! What a deal! >_>
He said 20% for him, and 80% for the programmer/designer. I am pretty sure a coder would just create a card game themselves if that was the case in which they wanted to do that. Then they could get 100% winnings if they were to win.

And Yama has his own Big thing going on :D
RPSangcap

Post by RPSangcap »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not that advanced on Programing, But I can ROCK Photoshop!
I'm not going to part-take in this thing whatever, yet this sounds a bit interesting, tell more. ;)
My YouTube channel :D
nakano

Post by nakano »

I think I will try to code everything myself then... If I have time that is. I got a promising designer canditate, nevertheless.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
nakano

Re: Recruiting Graphical Designer for a card game

Post by nakano »

I was able to hire a programmer for cpu logic. The rest of the code is done by me. However, the project still needs a graphical designer as our first candidate has had technical problems and I haven't got the sample card yet. If those continue, I am not sure all the cards are finished at the end of this month. So if you want to apply, now is your chance (see the first post).
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
nakano

Post by nakano »

Hi and thanks for your offer. At the moment, we have enough man power; otherwise I would like to ask the sample from you too. I'll do one style and our other graphics' designer will create an additional style.
Genesis 2011 projects:
* AnyLanguageStudy
* Company (Card Game)
jeremi08
Banned

Post by jeremi08 »

my dream job! :(

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”