Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What kind of homebrew would you like to see in the PSP scene

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
Beecher

Re: What kind of homebrew would you like to see on Genesis.

Post by Beecher » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:41 am

Maybe a better SNES emunalator because I want to be able to play Final Fantasy III and Mario kart at full speed with no frameskip
Advertising

darkassain

Post by darkassain » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 am

noname120 wrote: Third : a wlan debrider : the wlan of the psp is bad, we have to be near the box ! Maybe can we mawimize the power of the wlan adaptator !
if i understand you correctly this wouldnt be possible without patching the Wifi Firmware, not to mention a battery drain as it is already, its only going to get worse
you really have that bad spotty reception? might be much better to just get a router, put dd-wrt or tomato and max out the RX/TX antenna (dont remember which one it was)
4rd : A good browser (not netfront : it's the same as sony's browser with extra memory)! I've seen that there is firefox on nokia . The psp have a better processor : a port can be easy !
there's already links2, between that one and netfront thats good enough, the browser you are talking about is not sony's its licenced to sony by netfront (remember...:))
I use Opera Mini 4. It works perfect and can do more then the dafault Sony internetbrowser.
it's java so you will need PSPKVM to run it.
or use this...:)

Strangelove wrote:It would be awesome to have PSPDisp ported to Linux. IIRC improvements to existing projects counts, and it would be funny to enter a PSP competition with pure Linux code. :D
agreed, but only the psp brew can be entered, it will be a invalid entry if you just bring up a linux port of the windows app...;)
Or you could make an universal client by using the VNC protocol.
i thought that was already done, look up pspvnc..;)
A development library to hook the PSP's filesystem calls to provide VFS functionality would also be cool. You could make "magic devices" that aren't currently available like network filesystems. Or stuff like block device access via files like unix. Imagine drawing graphics via fwrite. ;)
that would be pretty cool...:)
Advertising

lilmetal

Post by lilmetal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 am

For a while now, I've wanted something that would allow the PS3 to use the PSP as a display device.
Like RemoteJoy, but for PSP/PS3. Like Remote Play, but you'll be able to use all the PS3's features and controllers.
But, that would require some PS3 homebrew as well, I think.

Dwighty

Post by Dwighty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Like connecting the PSP to a PS3 via the USB socket to play converted PSP video and MP3 music contents through the PS3 and getting the output on the TV screen, yes, If there was a way to do that with PSP games that'd be amazing. I don't think it's gonna happen though, I'm guessing that's the end of that.

I'd like to see a modern Elite, or maybe a Colony Wars style, 3D space homebrew game for the PSP myself.

A way where you can control the Wifi without the slding switch would be handy too.

ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Dwighty wrote:A way where you can control the Wifi without the slding switch would be handy too.
like what? a sensor that somehow picks up thought processes? sliding a switch that is literally inches away from your finger isnt that difficult :lol:

Dwighty

Post by Dwighty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:45 pm

ultimakillz wrote:
Dwighty wrote:A way where you can control the Wifi without the slding switch would be handy too.
like what? a sensor that somehow picks up thought processes? sliding a switch that is literally inches away from your finger isnt that difficult :lol:
My PSP is inserted in a rechargeable extended battery gamepad unit. It ain't that much hassle releasing the holding spring, undoing the clips, then seperating my PSP GO from the USB adaptor and sliding it out of the unit to get to the slide switch, but, if there was a program that could operate the output of the slide switch via software then that'd be great.

I accept your apology in advance for questioning my laziness. :P

ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Dwighty wrote:I accept your apology in advance for questioning my laziness. :P
well played :lol: that does sound like a bit of a hassle. but the mind reading sensor would definitely help with your situation :lol:

kazary

Post by kazary » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

EvilClown007 wrote: I use Opera Mini 4. It works perfect and can do more then the dafault Sony internetbrowser.
it's java so you will need PSPKVM to run it.
I know this, but I was talking about a developing a browser for the PSP, or maybe port Dillo, NetSurf or Origyn (since them are multi-platform, lean requirements and can run on embedded systems).
afrothunder wrote: Media Go?
No, more like this.
That supported ISO/CSO, GameCategories, where could organize games by genre(like pspHBSortTool). Support homebrew, database update by ADVANCsCEne etc. A mixed of PSPContent Manager, Sony Media Manager, Personal Media Manager plus pspHBSortTool. So a Media Go refined so let's say

ts0

Post by ts0 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 pm

I would like to see the terminal emulator, like mobile terminal on iphone. If someone can make, I will be very grateful. ;)

Celesion

Post by Celesion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 am

Personally I'd love to see a solid text editor for the PSP, I know many are out there but in my history of using them in college none have been adequate enough for on-the-go use. The only editors I would use if I could are Notepad for PSP or TTDLE, to me they are the best for the osk style and typing speed not to mention I can do my work at school on them. But since they are both legacy home-brew, they cannot be launched in the newer firmwares. It's been years since either has been updated and as far as I know there is no open source for someone to do the work on them. I'm not saying someone should copy these, perhaps come up with a new enhanced editing suite. Text editing, spreadsheet and possible set up for slide-shows. That last one might be stretching it there but you get the idea, also be able to save to something additional to just plain .txt like .rtf

Wow, looking back on this I realize how awful my writing is in the morning. I apologize ahead of time if this post is too garbled, I'm tired and fighting a bad cold so my brain is not quite at %100 functionality as of yet. Here is a list to hopefully clarify my thoughts:
A Text editing suite for the PSP

Text Editor
- A reasonable osk, danzeff is alright but not efficient enough at many moments. I have favored the TTDLE and even Sony's Osk to a certain extent for both their styles and speedy performance.

- Additional saving formats, the plain text format is alright if your just writing something quick or priming up for a paper but as far as editing is concerned it's not convenient. Most of the time once you've imported the written work to your computer and open it in an application the file is converted to conform to changes in font and style if needed. This means that in order to re-edit your paper on the go you cannot just simply open it in the PSP application unless you re-format your project to plain text again due to character errors and style spacing. Perhaps have an option to save as rich text as it accommodates it, I'm sure there are others but that's the one I know of.

- Following suit from the last note, perhaps options in changing font and letter size to cut down on the editing process when transferring to the computer side.

- Possibly fitting the text to the PSP's screen, many editors make it go all the way out of the screen boundaries if too much is written. Not sure if there is a reason for this or not.

Spreadsheet
- I'm not saying to do advance calculations as it might not be easy to code but at least be able to do basic listings if you needed to chart out for spending and such.

Slide-show
- Well while this one might be out of the realm of possibility I think it's worth a shot none the less. Perhaps have it set up to save each file as an image sequence and then when a AV-Out cable is inserted it can play as a photo slide-show with L+R as controllers for back and forth.
- - - - -

I know to many people this kind of application is not the big deal seeing as it's not interesting or fun as a game would be but I feel it serves an important function for some users. Any-who, that's my two cents on the topic.

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”