Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Work In Progress] Feeling

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
Shaolan

[Work In Progress] Feeling

Post by Shaolan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi everyone ! I will introduce my project for the PSP Genesis Competition, a puzzle game call Feeling.

I work with JiiCeii who will make all graphics resources for the game.

I - Synopsis

In this game you are Miwa, a young DJ who loves party and music ! Between night where she mixes in clubs, and day where she composes her chart, your heroine uses a system call "Feeling", so as to compose music. This system uses sensor senses in order to catch emotional state and to transform that in music, selecting a sample into a collection recorded into a terminal.
Your goal : lead Miwa in this puzzle game pilot by music's rythm !

II - Gameplay

This is a puzzle game like Lumines, you have to combine item together so as to stay alive. But, several item will fall in the same time and with a different speed. You have to deal with that, and switch item's controls with well timing ! The block's speed is determinated by the background music intensity, you 'll have to feel the music so as play well !

III - Développement

Game is coded using C++ language and libGe for graphics / audio rendering.

The project is Open-source, and hosted in Google Code in which you can access to the SVN repository (http://code.google.com/p/feeling)

IV - Screenshot

Cover logo :

In - game screenshot (based on Revision 23) :
Advertising

ViP3R

Re: [Work In Progress] Feeling

Post by ViP3R » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 am

Uhmmm. there's something wrong with the screenshot... :cry:
Advertising
Goodbye, Captain John "Soap" Mactavish
And Goodbye, Joe Frazier - thanks for encouraging me to have my own PSP

Shaolan

Post by Shaolan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Ah ? What do you mean by "wrong" ^^

Two others, concept art realized by JiiCeii :

FrEdDy
HBL Collaborator

Post by FrEdDy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Very nice :)
https://github.com/freddy-156
<@n00b81> FREDDY CUTTIES

Celesion

Post by Celesion » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:16 am

I like the premise for this but I feel it's a little close to Lumines, which isn't bad but it's something that's been done before. However I'm never one to put down a puzzle game as I love them, very nice work thus far.

Shaolan

Post by Shaolan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

I like the premise for this but I feel it's a little close to Lumines, which isn't bad but it's something that's been done before. However I'm never one to put down a puzzle game as I love them, very nice work thus far.
Sure, i will release a demo tonight, actually it's just a Lumines Clones as you said, but i will improve the concept. In fact, the music will decide of the speed of the game. What i mean by that is the music spectrum / frequency will determined the block falling speed, and in the next version, several block 'll fall in the same time, with different speed.

And the most important : everyone can make a custom theme with custom picture and music, so the game can be extended with no limit =D

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”