Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[IRShell] Playing 2-Player PS1 Over Ad-Hoc

All the Help you need is here
ruyor
Retired Mod

[IRShell] Playing 2-Player PS1 Over Ad-Hoc

Post by ruyor »

---Information---

Have you ever wanted to play a 2-player PS1 game on your PSP with your friend without having to setup RemoteJoy? Are you looking for a way to do it wirelessly on two PSPs? Then you've come to the right place! This tutorial will teach you how to enable Popsloader in IRShell and how to enable PS1 over Ad-Hoc in IRShell.

---Requirements---

2 PSPs (1000 or hackable 2000) with CFW that fully works with IRShell (3.00 OE to 5.50 GEN, not 5.03)
2 Memsticks with IRShell, POPSLoader, and the same PS1 game on them
A Friend to play with :)

---Installing IRShell---

You can find the separate tutorial I wrote here

---Installing Popsloader---

You can find the separate tutorial I wrote here

---Enabling Popsloader In IRShell---

1. Launch IRShell

2. Go into the Configurator

3. Find the option labeled "POP Ver:"

4. Change it to "Use Popsloader Plugin" and save by pressing "O"

5. Popsloader now works in IRShell!

---Enabling PS1 Over Ad-Hoc---

1. Launch IRShell

2. Go into the Configurator

3. Find the option labeled "POP 2 Player Support:"

4. Change it to "Adhoc WiFi" and save by pressing "O"

5. Repeat on your friend's PSP

6. Launch your PS1 game (make sure your WLan switch is ON)

7. If you get a "Adhoc WiFi not supported for" error, try using an earlier version of POPS

See this excerpt from the "iR Shell 5.xx User Guide" if you're having trouble:
Supported POPS Versions for 2-Player Adhoc:
3.10 - 3.51 & 3.60 (POPS from firmware ver 3.52, 3.71 & higher are not supported)

Usage Instructions:

* Make sure both PSPs are using the same POP version.
* To enable 2 Player Adhoc, goto iR Configurator and set "POP 2 Player Support" to "Adhoc WiFi".
* Choose the same PS1 game on both PSPs. Please note that this must be the exact same game generated by the same popstation and must have the same Game ID.
* You'll see the other player on the PSP screen. The one who initiates the connection request will be the Client and the other will be the Server.
* Once the Server confirms the connection request, the Server will send the PS1 game save to the other PSP. This game save is important as different saves will not be able to sync. In order to avoid overwriting with the original save on the Client PSP. iR Shell will rename your original game save directory and prepend it with a "~". For example, your original save directory is "SLPS12345" and it will be renamed as "~SLPS12345".
* When you no longer wants to play Adhoc WiFi for the specific game, you can then delete the new save and rename your original save back. If you don't care about your original game save, you don't have to take any actions.

Limitations:

* Make sure you don't press the HOME button while Adhoc is running. Doing so will result in losing sync.
* If you need to convert a game save to another POPS version, do it before activating adhoc mode. If you convert the game save under adhoc mode, it won't sync.
8. If everything goes right, you should see this:

9. Once you and your friend have the screen from step 8, you should see each other listed on the screen, select each other and have fun!

NOTE: The 2-Player Ad-Hoc feature in IRShell is not perfect, so don't expect it to be, it is possible for both you and your friend to win the exact same race in Gran Turismo because of the lag (this happened to me :lol: ).
Advertising
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091
Tonakai

Re: [IRShell] Playing 2-Player PS1 Over Ad-Hoc

Post by Tonakai »

This is really helpful and informative. I looked at this a few weeks ago, since then me and my friend have been playing Tekken 2 and Guilty Gear on two player.

I'm also rather surprised that nobody has commented on this up until now. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to create this guide!
Advertising
swit

Post by swit »

Why Sony didn't implement this feature in official firmwere? Would love to play Ad-hoc Crash Team Racing :cry:
SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel »

Well yes, i'm the necroposter :roll:
anyway, love this thing
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.
djhazardous

Post by djhazardous »

Is there any way of getting this to work on 6.60 PRO CFW? Or is there another method like a plugin for instance? Many thanks. Would love to get this working!
Mateus

Post by Mateus »

It doesn't work on recent firmwares like PRO C2 6 60 ? :/
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Mateus wrote:It doesn't work on recent firmwares like PRO C2 6 60 ? :/
It never worked correctly on any 6.XX firmware iirc.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Tutorials”