Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help resurrecting my PSP-phat w/6.60 PRO-C

All the Help you need is here
Riven67

Help resurrecting my PSP-phat w/6.60 PRO-C

Post by Riven67 »

:?: hello its been a few years since I've picked up my PSP, I found it after a move and want to use it again for emulation as well as psp games.
I installed CFW 6.60 PRO-C on it years ago but after checking to make sure everything is working I noticed my memory card is dead.
Since it has been awhile since i installed the CFW i no longer remember what if any folders need to be on my memory card and which if any files.
I have used a number of custom firmware over the years and some required specific memory card setups and i just cant remember.

Can anyone tell me if its necessary and if so what the directory should look like and what files i need on the card. I want to use psx emulator.
Also is it worth upgrading to 6.60 PRO-C2 ? OR EVEN 6.61 I have seen both online but haven't been following the scene for sometime and dont know enough about them.

Hey I would really appreciate any guidance sent my way. This old school modder could really use a bit of a refresher to get me back up to speed. thanks in advance!!!
Advertising
Sarum

Re: Help resurrecting my PSP-phat w/6.60 PRO-C

Post by Sarum »

You should be able to simply reformat a memory stick which should populate the folders. Also, if you are using a microSD to produo adapter, it is recommended to do all file uploads/deletes via PSP USB mode to avoid accidental corrupts.

If you need the CFW files again, you can get them from http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/.

As far as "PSX emulator" is concerned, the PSP is a PSX machine technically... all you need to do is to create the game ID folder/eboot.pbp files for the games by using something like PSX2PSP (provided you have the PSX iso's already). The game folder when loaded will say something like "SCUS94491" with the eboot inside. The folder gets dropped into the GAME folder on your PSP (location depends on firmware version).

I've been told the higher up CFW's are not as compatible since they are the result of Sony locking down the firmware more and more.
Advertising

Return to “Tutorials”