Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Installing IRShell

All the Help you need is here
ruyor
Retired Mod

Installing IRShell

Post by ruyor »

NOTE: This tutorial was originally written for 5.00/5.03 and IRShell 5.0, if you're trying to install it on a 6.20/6.35/6.39 PSP, just install IRShell 5.2 with NO EXTRA STUFF (no patches, no 3000 eboot), it will let you into the main menu but some things don't work (like exiting, it just crashes on 6.39).

---Information---

Have you ever wanted to try IRShell? Are you having problems installing it? This tutorial will teach you how to install IRShell.

---Requirements---

1 PSP with CFW (5.50 GEN-D3 or lower) or 5.03 HEN w/ CFWe (3.50 or lower) or 5.03 GEN (Bosshunter's patch is not compatible with 5.03 GEN)*
1 Memstick with at least 40mb free space

*If you want to install IRShell on 6.20+, see note at top^

---Installing IRShell---

1. Download IRShell
Get the latest IRShell from here: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/883

If you have a TA-088v3 or a PSP-3000, you'll also need these:
Bosshunter's IRShell patch for CFWEnabler 3.50 and under
IRShell Eboot for 3000

2. Extract IRShell from the ZIP file

3. In the extracted folder should be an "IRSHELL" folder, drag that folder onto your memstick

4. In the extracted folder, there should be a "PSP" folder, enter it, inside "PSP" should be "GAME" and "GAME150", enter "GAME", inside "GAME" should be "irshell2x3x", this goes in "X:/PSP/GAME/" where X = your memstick drive letter

5. Your memstick should look like this (X = your PSP Drive letter):
X
--IRSHELL
--PSP
----GAME
------irshell2x3x
--------EBOOT.PBP

FROM THIS POINT ON, IF YOU HAVE A HACKABLE PSP FOLLOW #A STEPS, IF YOU HAVE A TA-088v3 OR A PSP-3000 FOLLOW #B STEPS, IF YOU FOLLOW THE WRONG STEPS YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PSP

---#A Steps for hackable PSPs:---

6A. Launch IRShell

7A. Go into the Directory View

8A. Navigate to "IRSHELL/PATCH/(your firmware here)/" and run "btcnfpatch.prx" (for 5.50, use the 5.00 patch)

9A. After running it, you should see this:

10A. Press "X" to install the patch, if it doesn't work, try it again, then look for help, if it worked you'll see this:

11A. Enjoy IRShell!

---#B Steps for unhackable PSPs:---

6B. You should have downloaded the "Bosshunter Patch" and the "Irshell eboot.rar that I linked to earlier, extract them

7B. Take the EBOOT.PBP and replace the one that was installed in the "irshell2x3x" folder earlier (Step 4)

8B. Go to "X:/IRSHELL" (X = your PSP Drive Letter) and drop the replacement "BIN" folder in there overwriting all the old files

9B. If you want to be able to run ISO/CSO and PS1 games thru IRShell and you're running CFWEnabler 3.50 or lower, then copy the "PATCH" folder to "X:/IRSHELL"

---Only follow the next steps if you did step 9B!!---

Bosshunter's patch is only compatible with CFWEnabler 3.50 or lower, so if you're using anything else, skip these steps

10B. Launch IRShell

11B. Go into the Directory View

12B. Navigate to "IRSHELL/PATCH/5.03/" and run "btcnfpatch.prx" (MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN 5.03 AND NOT 5.00 OR YOU WILL BRICK!!)

13B. After running it, you should see this:

14B. Press "X" to install the patch, if it doesn't work, try it again, then look for help, if it worked you'll see this:

15B. Enjoy IRShell!
Advertising
PCH-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
VTE-1001 - 3.60 - VHBL+PBubbles+HENkaku
My PSPs
01g:TA-079v1
01g:TA-086
02g:TA-085v1
02g:TA-085v2
04g:TA-093
09g:TA-095
05g:TA-091
toBsucht
VIP

Re: Installing IRShell

Post by toBsucht »

i never can make a irshell run. I already read it should work with psp300x and tn-d. I´m really sorry about the fact that i got no ir psp.
I hope your pretty tut help me to make it run .. lots of work :oops: . Thank you!!!
Advertising
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

does that 5.03 patch write to flash0?

edit : the tut is a bit complicated to understand, but by using that eboot for 3000 i actually got irshell running on my pspGO :D

alltho it comes up with some wierd error and a warning on startup it actually seems to work with its built in remotejoy n all ... but im not about to run that patch before i know wheter it dose anythng in flash0, corse im not as careless as others seems to be .. :?

anyway thanx for the that eboot ... been lookin for some way to run irshell on unhackables for a while, but havent been able to find anything (even tho it looks like its been right under my nose :lol: )
Dr. Evil wrote:I used to use Windows, but it was designed by freakin' idiots.
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
I'm Dr. Evil, and I'm aspiring to take over the world.
ruyor
Retired Mod

Post by ruyor »

Halvhjearne wrote:does that 5.03 patch write to flash0?
The BTCNF patch does write to flash0, and it's only made for 5.03 + CFWEnabler 3.50 or lower. If you use that patch on any other firmware/setup, you'll end up with a nice brick.
My PSPs
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

yea i wasnt about to try it out on my GO first thing, just for the kicks. but i did try it out on my phat, just to se what it actually did, but i couldt even get it runnin using ether TN-D or GEN-D3 (so it is kinda fail proof) .... etherway im just gonna forget about trying to run iso's throug irs ... but its still nice to see irs running on my pspGO! :D :D

thanx
Now i use linux allowing me to conrol the "lasers" on my "death star" with ease.
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

For me it doesn´t work tn-d psp 3004 (9c/4g) brite.
Your link to irshell.org doesn´t work for me, to. Error 404.

I download your eboot and pspirshell50 same problem with both eboots
It doesn´t matter if the plugin is active or not same mesage>>

Unsupported firmware version detected
Pls poweroff PSP

^^btw The ubuntu 7.10 psp shell is working with my psp and the new Genesis shell :D

Maybe i give ir another chance; it looks so cute!
edit: trying the patch :lol: but which one
http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1781 ? It looks like there is i brick risk if i do this :?
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

toBsucht wrote:For me it doesn´t work tn-d psp 3004 (9c/4g) brite.
Your link to irshell.org doesn´t work for me, to. Error 404.

I download your eboot and pspirshell50 same problem with both eboots
It doesn´t matter if the plugin is active or not same mesage>>

Unsupported firmware version detected
Pls poweroff PSP

^^btw The ubuntu 7.10 psp shell is working with my psp and the new Genesis shell :D

Maybe i give ir another chance; it looks so cute!
edit: trying the patch :lol: but which one
http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1781 ? It looks like there is i brick risk if i do this :?
first of all ... irshell.org has been down for over a week now, thats why theres an errror.

to run ir shell on 6.20 tn u need to install 5.2, and then only overwrite the eboot, with the one for 3000 and nothing else ... you will NOT be able to play iso's through irshell on 6.20!

as for the flashing ... dont try to run any of the patches on 6.20 as this will certainly brick a unhackable psp ... these are to enable irshell to play iso's, but it hasnt been made for 6.20.

if u need any help or the files i got from irshell, just send me a pm ...
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Thank you Halvhjearne now i got it first time working. ^^It´s sometimes slow and it doesn´t play music.
signed ver. pass the gameboot lol
Halvhjearne

Post by Halvhjearne »

toBsucht wrote:Thank you Halvhjearne now i got it first time working. ^^It´s sometimes slow and it doesn´t play music.
signed ver. pass the gameboot lol
this is becorse it is intended for a 5.xx kernel ... music, nethost, running iso's wont work, and it will crash a lot on 6.20 ... however usbhost does work as well as remotejoy, wich is way better than remotejoylite imo ;)

i dont think a signed eboot will do much good for this app, as it needs kernel functions pretty often ...
ruyor
Retired Mod

Post by ruyor »

Since irshell.org is not coming back, I linked to the release page on psp-hacks for the download.
My PSPs

Return to “Tutorials”