Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial]How to Convert Videos to Play on PSP

All the Help you need is here
Jerald0

[Tutorial]How to Convert Videos to Play on PSP

Post by Jerald0 »

I haven't seen any tutorial on these forums so thought I'd give it a shot.This is pretty basic but some people might have trouble doing it still. *Clap* *Clap* Lets get started now shall we? Below is a screenshot that shows the supported video formats on the PSP

From the screenshot above,You can see that you need to optimize the MP4 or AVI videos first. And the other formats such as MKV and WMV aren't supported.But you can solve these issues by using a video converter.So:

Step 1:Get a video converter.I use 'Any Video converter' but almost any converter works.I'll leave the link to the one I use here:
http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

Step 2:Now that you've got a video converter.Add the file you want to convert and set up an output folder.'
NOTE:I'm going to use a general method so sorry if it isn't specific to your converter.

Step 3:Check your video format and select the one you want to convert it to.In this case,Choose any one from those that are supported.

Step 4:Double-Check everything e.g. format or if the file is the same one you want to convert.After that,Start the conversion process and wait for it to finish.
NOTE:This one is taken from fonepaw converter :P Had trouble finding other good and simple images(Net issues).Eventually I just gave up and chose this one.

Step 5:Now its time to transfer it to your psp system.So hook up your psp to your computer.

Step 6:Create a folder titled 'VIDEO' in the root directory and copy the converted video file/s inside this folder.If you place them anywhere else it may cause issues with playing the video.

Step 7:Play the video on your PSP and have fun!

Hope you got some idea on video conversion by now.Have a nice day! ;)
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Re: [Tutorial]How to Convert Videos to Play on PSP

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Thanks for the tutorial but it's a little week for the tenth anniversary of the PSP. Instead of that I would like to learn how to convert a concert video to umd format so that I can reach each song from the umd menu.
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Jerald0

Post by Jerald0 »

ali_ihsan21 wrote:Thanks for the tutorial but it's a little week for the tenth anniversary of the PSP. Instead of that I would like to learn how to convert a concert video to umd format so that I can reach each song from the umd menu.
Not exactly sure how to do that :( I'd suggest looking it up if you can.I've tried that but couldn't find much info on it.I don't think anyone has tried that before.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Jerald0 wrote:
ali_ihsan21 wrote:Thanks for the tutorial but it's a little week for the tenth anniversary of the PSP. Instead of that I would like to learn how to convert a concert video to umd format so that I can reach each song from the umd menu.
Not exactly sure how to do that :( I'd suggest looking it up if you can.I've tried that but couldn't find much info on it.I don't think anyone has tried that before.
There are people who convert ordinary DVDs to UMD if it's possible then any video can convert to UMD. But this isn't a button press work, there must be a menu to enter song names add background image etc.

Sadly Sony didn't stand long enough behind the UMD to advance and spread the media. Maybe it could replace music cds to a certain extent and PSP could be a mobile entertainment device.

Music CDs could involve music videos too so sad and unplanned marketing just like PS Vita.
Dragoonisgone

Post by Dragoonisgone »

ali_ihsan21 wrote:
Jerald0 wrote:
There are people who convert ordinary DVDs to UMD if it's possible then any video can convert to UMD. But this isn't a button press work, there must be a menu to enter song names add background image etc.

Sadly Sony didn't stand long enough behind the UMD to advance and spread the media. Maybe it could replace music cds to a certain extent and PSP could be a mobile entertainment device.

Music CDs could involve music videos too so sad and unplanned marketing just like PS Vita.
Nah I'd say its atleast better than how they marketed the Vita.I had a hunch about the DVDs but thx now its confirmed.
Jerald0

Post by Jerald0 »

I wasn't sure either.Thx for letting me know.I still think Nobody is going to try that idea.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

I found tutorial of making custom UMD video ISO s but I think it doesn't worth the effort, also it's meaningless to convert a lower quality video to a upper one.

But still it's good to know that it isn't impossible.

Return to “Tutorials”