Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Transfer files wirelessly from phone to PSP

All the Help you need is here
5ham5h33r

Transfer files wirelessly from phone to PSP

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Ever wished if you could transfer files from your phone to your PSP without having to plug into your computer? Well today I'll show you a method to do just that...

Note: this method works only on PSP 2000 and 3000

1) Download an app called Superbeam from the Play Store

2) Open the app and choose the file you want to share. Click Send

3) Change the sharing option to WEB (Just swipe towards the left)

4) Now turn on your PSP and connect to the WiFi network shown in your phone

5) Open the web browser of your PSP.

6) Type the address shown in your phone on your PSP

7) A web page will open with the names of the file you have chosen to share.

8) Click the files name and you'll get option to download the file.
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Re: Transfer files wirelessly from phone to PSP

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Thanks a lot mate, now we have a secondary method to send/receive files wirelessly.

There is a wifi direct method of superbeam, its asking if the device is connected on the same network with it before the sending process when I press no in order to use wifi direct its not working, can you use that function ?

Its giving a wifi name and pass but although I used it as a new wifi connection PSP couldn't find it. I wonder if both devices need to support wifi direct in order to do that.

If sending files without a network would be possible that would be cool.

Edit btw its working on PSP go too
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Hmm.. If u press no then it will enable the hotspot of ur mobile phone to which u can connect to ur PSP by going into settings of ur PSP. I personally was surprised that nobody ever realized that we could share using this method. BTW thanks for confirming it on PSP GO.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read properly anyways u can try to turn on the hotspot manually n then choose to use existing hotspot on ur mobile n then try connecting PSP to that. Let me know if it works.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

5ham5h33r wrote:Hmm.. If u press no then it will enable the hotspot of ur mobile phone to which u can connect to ur PSP by going into settings of ur PSP. I personally was surprised that nobody ever realized that we could share using this method. BTW thanks for confirming it on PSP GO.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read properly anyways u can try to turn on the hotspot manually n then choose to use existing hotspot on ur mobile n then try connecting PSP to that. Let me know if it works.
Holy ****, I was doing it wrong last day. I should press scan and use the wifi name and password software gave.

I'll try it now.

Mate that was what I was trying to do for a long time. I'm good with Android and a few weeks ago when staying in hospital wanted to transfer some files but since PSP couldn't connect that wifi which note 2 can I was unsuccessful but to tell the truth since then that was my dream to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks again for sharing.

Seems like wifi direct isn't working with PSP.

I freezed lots of applications of Android with titanium I hope this isn't something about it. I won't give up I'll try more.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Well I'm glad to be of help, let me know if it works for u now, oh BTW please vote for me if u really like my tut n if my tut gets accepted. I'm trying to save money to buy Assassin's Creed on Vita.. Superbeam is a great app. Its not just useful for PSP but basically it'll allow u to share files to any device which has WiFi n a browser.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Ugh my PSP charger is broken. I can't test right now..
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Mate, just try turning on ur mobile's hotspot from settings n then set security to none. When u try to send file from superbeam it'll then give u a message saying "Would you like to use the active hotspot connection to share with other devices?" Just click on yes n then connect PSP to ur hotspot
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

5ham5h33r wrote:Mate, just try turning on ur mobile's hotspot from settings n then set security to none. When u try to send file from superbeam it'll then give u a message saying "Would you like to use the active hotspot connection to share with other devices?" Just click on yes n then connect PSP to ur hotspot

I'll vote for you but I think we're confusing two different things here. Hotspot is a technology turning a mobile phone's 3G connectivity into a wifi router so that other devices can connect internet over it like its a router.

In our case the name if the technology is wifi direct. Its to send and receive files over wifi between devices.

When I turn on hotspot my device is turn off wifi.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Yes I know that ur WiFi will be turned off and I know the difference between hotspot and WiFi direct but mate just try what I said. U know what I'll try to make a vid of me transferring files by borrowing my friends charger so that u can be able to do it.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Enabling hotspot before u open superbeam allows u to use ur hotspot as the WiFi network in Superbeam's WEB option

Return to “Tutorials”