Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Installing the PSPSDK (Linux or Windows)

All the Help you need is here
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Re: Installing the PSPSDK (Linux or Windows)

Post by SMOKE »

Acid_Snake wrote:forget my dumbass, it's -lz, you just gotta install the zlib development files for the PSP SDK
Thanks Acid, that worked.

For future reference:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10849
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

I have a question.. What's the reason the Op said not to delete the toolchain folder in your home folder?
Advertising
soluslobo

Post by soluslobo »

Hello, I am on Ubuntu 14.04 and I have done every step correctly in the tutorial. When I get to

Code: Select all

sudo ./toolchain-sudo.sh
I get this

ls: cannot access /usr/include/gmp.h: No such file or directory
ERROR: Install gmp before continuing.
../depends/check-gmp.sh: Failed.
ERROR: Could not run the toolchain script.
solus@freedom:~/psptoolchain$ 
Can someone help me with this? I have synaptic manager and it shows I have gmp-doc, php5-gmp installed. I don't know what is left to do. When I run

sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev
it says was already installed. Please help, thank you.
sl4kmex

Post by sl4kmex »

This may be late but check in the /usr/include directory for any header file incuding gmp. On my machine I was able to resolve the issue by going into the psptoolchain file and changing the changing the check-gmp.sh file to have the following

ls /usr/include/gmpxx.h 1> /dev/null || { echo "ERROR: Install gmp before continuing."; exit 1; }
I changed /usr/include/gmp.h> to what is above because that was the name of the gmp file in my folder. I hope that it helps!
Railf

Post by Railf »

Does anyone have any explanation for this?:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43561
futurepr0n

Post by futurepr0n »

Long shot, but figured I would ask..

I recently tried to re-take up PSPDev, been away for a while and looking to get back into it as a hobby.

I ended up going to the github hosted pspsdk and getting the psptoolchain and pspsdk, but when I ran the sudo_toolchain.sh I ended up having the following error after all was said and done (or at least, this was the final few lines)

Installation Finished
Failed installing: freetype opentri SDL_ttf
Is there any help that someone may be able to offer me in order to resolve this? Or will these not hinder me much through development?

I see that there is this minimilast psp sdk out , but I was not familiar with that when I began programming - I always built using the original. Now that I am halfway through the installation - if I was to run the minimilast sdk install, would it resolve these issues? create new ones? or am I alright to try and get the devpaks from the minimilast that I seem to be unable to install (the freetype, opentri, and sdl_ttf)

http://sourceforge.net/p/minpspw/code/H ... k/devpaks/
Tau

Cant install toolchain

Post by Tau »

When i run

sudo sudo ./toolchain-sudo.sh
After some time I get this:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 bfd.h /usr/local/pspdev/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/psp/include/bfd.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../bfd/../include/ansidecl.h /usr/local/pspdev/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/psp/include/ansidecl.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../bfd/../include/symcat.h /usr/local/pspdev/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/psp/include/symcat.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../bfd/../include/bfdlink.h /usr/local/pspdev/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/psp/include/bfdlink.h
make[3]: se sale del directorio '/home/tau/Documentos/psp/pspsdk/psptoolchain/build/binutils-2.16.1/build-psp/bfd'
make[2]: se sale del directorio '/home/tau/Documentos/psp/pspsdk/psptoolchain/build/binutils-2.16.1/build-psp/bfd'
Makefile:1008: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio '/home/tau/Documentos/psp/pspsdk/psptoolchain/build/binutils-2.16.1/build-psp/bfd'
Makefile:2503: recipe for target 'install-bfd' failed
make: *** [install-bfd] Error 2
../scripts/001-binutils-2.16.1.sh: Failed.
ERROR: Could not run the toolchain script.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

I had no luck either installing the PSP SDK after many changes were made to it. I got it to install after a while but I couldn't compile any plugins with it, only eboots.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

For those (in Linux) still having trouble here's the precompiled binaries for 64-bit (only tested on Ubuntu):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3hwB ... nl5NTdVUUk
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Has somebody found a working pspsdk on MacOS? I cannot seem to install it from anywhere without hundreds of bugs. All the scripts I found try to build it (building gcc etc.) instead of downloading binaries. Of course the build fails...

Return to “Tutorials”