Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Plus Heads up! PS Plus 12 Months subscription is $39.99 on Amazon for Prime Day. Get it while supplies last.

I have tried PSV! for past 3 hours! I'll reply to questions

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
moz

I have tried PSV! for past 3 hours! I'll reply to questions

Post by moz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

One thing, this was my 500th post hooray...

Anyway, i managed to have a vip pass to some sort of cheap silly italian E3, the ''games week'' event
Sunday 6th november i jumped all the queue and got no time limit to test all the PSV into this sony vip area with sofas,
i tried some games, Little big planet, everybody golf, super stardust, uncharted...

i cannot remember the full product code, it was something like: ABCD-3000RD1
obviously ABCD is not the real product code, it was something like DECH...forgive me i forgot to take a picture of the product code...
I believe it was a sony internal R&D unit, cause there was a sticker on the back: NOT FOR SALE,
also it had no XMB or main menu, only a built in demo (it was on the memory card i suppose, not a game cartridge)

(Nokia n8 as camera)

12MP Picture of PSVita, jpg 100% quality -> http://www.mediafire.com/?gj077b7hvwf8g5b
720p video @30fps 15 mb/s -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PcFRjKHTM
Remember to set the video to 720p on youtube player!

The video is short and kinda lame i'm sorry, but my friend had no vip ticket so after a bit a sony guy asked him to leave and i stopped recording, you can see only uncharted gameplay

3 things: first, dang, it's huge i can't go around with psv in my pocket like i do with my pspgo,
2nd the screen brightness is disappointing, and there is no button to change it or whatsoever.... (but is not the retail model)
last one graphic is amazing, like playing ps3 on a SD tv (a bit pixelated compared to ps3@1080p, still AMAZING)
Feel free to ask any question about it, i tried it for quite a lot of time on different games, it will take a lot of time for me to write a full review, just ask question and i'll try to reply. :D

-INFO- i also own a ps3, a 47' full HD tv, a psp slim, a psp go, and i used a psp fat quite a lot of time
(from japanese day 1 until psp slim was out)
i can compare to those about dimension, weight, graphic quality, comfortable to hold or not, and other questions
Advertising
Last edited by moz on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 am, edited 12 times in total.
I'm on the scene from day one. I don't support piracy, homebrews are better
neur0n is awesome. way better than sony devs!
codestation plugins are the best!
http://neur0npsp.altervista.org ← ALL neur0n's releases!

rafael707

Re: I have tried PSV! for past 3 hours! I'll reply to questi

Post by rafael707 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

moz wrote:One thing, this is my 500th post hooray...

Anyway, i managed to have a vip pass to some sort of cheap silly italian E3, the ''games week'' event
Sunday 6th november i jumped all the queue and got no time limit to test all the PSV into this sony vip area with sofas,
i tried some games, Little big planet, everybody golf, super stardust, uncharted...
Nice ;)
i cannot remember the full product code, it was something like: ABCD-3000RD1
obviously ABCD is not the real product code, it was something like DECH...forgive me i forgot to take a picture of the product code...
I believe it was a sony internal R&D unit, cause there was a sticker on the back: NOT FOR SALE,
also it had no XMB or main menu, only a built in demo (it was on the memory card i suppose, not a game cartridge)

i have a 12MP picture and a 720p video, i compressed it a bit cause 1080p is too big to upload, i'll share the link here once uploading is over...
Cant wait to see the vid
2 things: dang it's huge i can't go around with psv in my pocket like i do with my pspgo,
and 2 the screen brightness is disappointing, and there is no button to change it or whatsoever....
Im sure the retail models will have that option of changing the light, in the settings
Feel free to ask any question about it, i tried it for quite a lot of time on different games, it will take a lot of time for me to write a full review, just ask question and i'll try to reply. :D
Advertising
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

waratte

Post by waratte » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm

You've should have written things down, I would have brought a notebook, some pencils and a camera. :cry:

How did it feel in your hands?

Is it heavy or light?

Is it hard to hold?

Did you get a headache after looking into the screen so long?

Would you feel comfortable using the PSV on an intense gaming session?

moz

Post by moz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 pm

waratte wrote:You've should have written things down, I would have brought a notebook, some pencils and a camera. :cry:

How did it feel in your hands?

Is it heavy or light?

Is it hard to hold?

Did you get a headache after looking into the screen so long?

Would you feel comfortable using the PSV on an intense gaming session?
-it feel nice, it has some sort of grip on the back, is not hard to hold
-not heavy at all, probably less than a fat psp-1000
-the screen is ok, it had some reflection in it, but not many.
Pixels are quite close to eachoters, and the brightness was ok, but set a bit too low and i couldn't change it (cause is a weird prototype unit of some sort)
-i had no headache neither nausea after playing it (i cannot play first person games at all cause of motion sickness, same thing with 3DS)
-and yes, it's quite confortable to hold, it has some sort of grip on the back, it won't slip away, also the analogs and the buttons are where they need to be, it's really confortable to use them, NOT like my psp go! wich is hard to hold and after 1 hour my hands sore...
Last edited by moz on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ibromizi

Post by ibromizi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 pm

How is the new analog stick?
Is it easy to use?
Does the screen get covered with finger prints when you touch it?
And lastly how is the back touchpad?
[spoiler]6.20 PRO-B10 Perma
PSP 3000
04G
[/spoiler]

moz

Post by moz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:43 pm

ibromizi wrote:How is the new analog stick?
Is it easy to use?
Does the screen get covered with finger prints when you touch it?
And lastly how is the back touchpad?
-The analogs are awesome! they feels like a dualshock3, not like cheap psp analog, (psp go has a slightly better one but still cheap)

-The screen is like iphone4, nokia n8, samsung galaxy s2 and other smartphones (even if the iphone to me is a dumbphone)
i mean is not glass, is a crystal screen, harder to scratch and with less reflection (but not fully without reflections... maybe with brightness to highest level is better under midday sunlight, anyway is a really good screen)
To reply to your questions sony staff peoples went around from player to player like every 2 minutes to clean fingerprints out of screens , quite funny to see, so yes it's not fingerprint less.
The screen contrast is really amazing, also the amount of colours that can display, so if you're not playing like on a bench at midday you'll not notice fingerprints...to be honest it feels like my nokia n8 is more fingerprintable ( :lol: new word)

-The back touchpad is like a plastic plate, i tought it was soft, like some sort of squeezable rubber... :?
not on the sides where it kinda has 2 holes to easily hold the PSVita, they were softer, like rubber, but not the whole backplate is like that...
i was able to try it on a weird looking game kinda like marble madness for nes ( video here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k154KxQ2Sw8 ) i cannot remember its name, i had to push up the ground with the back touchpad to move the ball around... quite boring so i moved to the psv with superstardust like 1 minute after...
it looked more responsive (i mean fast to react) than the sixaxis, also it worked less buggy than the front touchscreen, it had some sort of software issues, when i tried with a sony guy a player vs player air hockey minigame made with little big planet level editor and we had to touch the screen toghether at the same time, sometimes the PSV forgot where i was pressing the screen, and the sony guy won at the end meh :(
Last edited by moz on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

ibromizi

Post by ibromizi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 pm

tnks for the info moz!
Wanna see that vid :D
[spoiler]6.20 PRO-B10 Perma
PSP 3000
04G
[/spoiler]

moz

Post by moz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 pm

ibromizi wrote:tnks for the info moz!
Wanna see that vid :D
Video link added! (see first message)
I'm sorry is kinda short and lame, but is 720p so you i advice you to play it on your ps3 or something else capable of show it on your big HD tv...

you can see what i mean with ''screen has some reflections in it, it can have more brightness'' i hope that is not the maximum level possible the one i used...
Last edited by moz on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

waratte

Post by waratte » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

Also, does your hands sweat often? I'm asking this because, I'm wondering how well the PSV touchscreen takes sweaty hands. On my Android phones, everything goes to heck and I can't operate anything. Though, my iPod Touch still works fine. 8-)

Thanks for answering my above questions and I hope you can answer this one. It's a dealbreaker for me. :3

moz

Post by moz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:23 am

waratte wrote:Also, does your hands sweat often? I'm asking this because, I'm wondering how well the PSV touchscreen takes sweaty hands. On my Android phones, everything goes to heck and I can't operate anything. Though, my iPod Touch still works fine. 8-)

Thanks for answering my above questions and I hope you can answer this one. It's a dealbreaker for me. :3
i kinda have the same issue on my nokia n8, when i removed the screen protector platic film thingy fingerprints started to be more marked on the screen, also i noticed many small sweat drops, really really tiny, they won't appear if i kept my protective film on...

oh well, psv had no protective film, but it was like my n8 with plastic screen protector, i haven't noticed any sweat drop on the screen....
like i said before smartphones screen are more fingerprintable ( :lol: new word)
psv's screen instead was more 'protected' against fingerprints and sweaty hands... and touchscreen is not dumb, only with LBP was not really responsive, also the sixaxis was slow to react, but only on lbp so i bet its a software issue
i give it a 8.5 out of 10 cause screen brightness kinda disappoints me, i hope it was not the max level, fingerprints will not leave bad marks, but they are still on screen, same with sunlight reflection, but that screen is really good! evrythng else is perfect about it!

Return to “General”