Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is there a way to watch Youtube on the Vita Browser again?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
grimm

Is there a way to watch Youtube on the Vita Browser again?

Post by grimm »

Hey.

Several months back my ps vita browser started showing the mobile youtube page in a completely different way than previously, and when i try to watch a video it tells me im lacking the app to watch through.

Is there something that can be done to fix this? I have tried to circumvent the mobile site but i am not successful reaching the standard youtube site. Its basically what i used my vita for, watching some youtube in bed before sleep, but now i cant anymore.

I have updated the vita to 3.68, but that didnt do anything either. So im keeping from updating it any further in case there is a homebrew solution to watch youtube on it again, and a hack for 3.68 is supposed to happen during this year anyway..

If anyone has the same experience, and knows of a fix, please fill me in.

Thanks.
Advertising
Agent-K57

Re: Is there a way to watch Youtube on the Vita Browser again?

Post by Agent-K57 »

grimm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm Its basically what i used my vita for, watching some youtube in bed before sleep, but now i cant anymore.
Was doing the same, I miss the old times tbh, they totally scr..ed it up now.

I was searching a few days ago for a solution and apparently when you find a video and add "nsfw" before "youtube.com" it should appear in a normal way. You can also go directly to that site and search for videos within there.
Advertising
My devices:
Black PSV Fat-1004 8GB ~ OFW 3.60 変革◯
Black PSV Slim-2004 200GB + 8GB ~ CFW 3.60 変革◯
Silver PSP-3004 8GB ~ CFW 6.20 LME-2.3
X004 collection^^

Feel free to add me on PSN! - kRay57CZ
grimm

Post by grimm »

I forgot about the nsfw.youtube.com suggestion when i wrote the post, but i did try that when i searched about this a few months ago. did not work for me.
AleKH

Post by AleKH »

put the youtube site in the desktop mode and the videos will work again.
grimm

Post by grimm »

Thanks, that seemed to work after i deleted the defunct Youtube app i had kept for sentimental reasons. However, its fiddly to use on the small screen, and it spewed ads on me immediately.. The vita only had one single ad video at the top sometimes previously before it stopped working on the mobile platform... I think i need to get a surf pad or something...

Return to “General”