Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP] Undertale color sprite mod

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
dmaskell92

[WIP] Undertale color sprite mod

Post by dmaskell92 »

Welcome to the Undertale Remaster project!

Good day to you Wololo lurkers and Undertale fans, I hope to make this subforum my home for the next few weeks because this project is going to be a doozy. I like to avoid making these official posts in case I want to abandon a project. However I am writing this early to keep myself motivated and committed. So for the sake of everyone I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet.

What is the Undertale Remaster project?

The Undertale Remaster project will be a fully colored sprite mod for Undertale on the Playstation Vita system. Like most mods this will require a mix of rePatch and NoNpDrm to work fully. This sounds great (I know) but it will require hours of work replacing and arranging hundreds of sprites from the PC version. For the sake of giving credit I will be using colored sprites from the "Undertale Remastered Mod v0.5.6" and a few sprites from "Pr3tz31".

Is this really possible?

This isn't a pipe-dream, It's fully possible and I have already made progress. Undertale's textures reside in the game.win file, I have extracted the game.win file and have successfully rebuilt the archive with modified textures. I will provide the tools I've used as they are public but that's another tutorial.

Specifics

This will be a mod specifically for the EUR region of Undertale. I intended to support only the USA release but I ran into many issues. I wasted several hours and have no intention of supporting the USA version ever (sorry).

This project is in it's infancy, please be patient with me as I don't have much done.
Game Screenshots
Feel free to ask questions, show interest, or just leave feedback in the comments.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
RY0M43CH1Z3N

Re: [WIP] Undertale color sprite mod

Post by RY0M43CH1Z3N »

Looks great!
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: [WIP] Undertale color sprite mod

Post by dmaskell92 »

So good news, Michael_King has welcomed me into the team and has allowed me to continue progress. I will be moving full steam ahead!

Progress is around 65%, I will continue to update this thread but we will be planning a official release on ModDB. I will link to the project when it's ready.

Also expect more screenshots and a POC video soon.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “General”