Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Should I get the PS Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Kess123

Should I get the PS Vita

Post by Kess123 »

So the first ever 2 analog stick the ps vita console has been out for 5 years and I was wondering if it's worth the purchase and is it DEAD?
Advertising
nightwishfan1

Re: Should I get the PS Vita

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Really depends on what you want a vita for, for it to be worth it. There's plenty of games to play on it, however the stream of games coming out has been declining with very little to no 1st party exclusive titles, and by that I mean sony developed/published games. Still some 3rd party developed titles being made, but that's really about it. So in a sense from that standpoint it's dead as far as sony support goes in the form of games being made. The only thing sony seems to be doing for the console is offering up "stability updates" here, and there which blocks some of the exploits hackers have used to hack the device and enable homebrew.

And on that above note about homebrew. If you're considering a vita for the homebrew, but still want games, then you're limiting your choice of games. By this I mean that those in the vita homebrew scene whether we be the end user, or developer mostly use 3.60 firmware since there is a native homebrew enabler in the form of Henkaku for it. Current ps vita firmware is 3.65 so games using a firmware higher than 3.60 may not run til you update and cut off Henkaku...

Now if you want homebrew mostly then there's a bit to use and take advantage of. Adrenaline being one such homebrew where you can load psp and ps1 digital classic titles, and play them, as well get the most out of a continuously advancing homebrew scene thanks to Henkaku. Only thing is you're stuck to one firmware unless you want to update to the latest one. Just note that once you update you essentially are immediately limiting yourself in this capacity for homebrew.
Advertising
Last edited by nightwishfan1 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I love the Vita but invest in a GPD Win Intel Atom X7 Z8700. Or perhaps wait until the new Nvidia Shield portable is released. I know I want the GPD really bad, it's a crazy piece of hardware.

The Vita is a nightmare if you aren't relatively tech savvy. I've used /talk to ask questions as my last resort countless times.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
gamr13

Post by gamr13 »

I agree with dmaskell92 there, definitely invest in a GPD Win.
PS Vita: 3.60 - d-fend
PSP: 6.60 Pro B-10 - d-fend
PS3 - gamr12 (And d-fend)
bestazy

Post by bestazy »

Any portable machine that allows you to own final fantasy 1-10 and tactics on one memory stick is worth owning IMO.

Just a pity crisis core never made it to vita
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

bestazy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm Any portable machine that allows you to own final fantasy 1-10 and tactics on one memory stick is worth owning IMO.

Just a pity crisis core never made it to vita
It's on my Vita :D
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “General”