Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help making a decision!

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Harbinger

Need help making a decision!

Post by Harbinger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi, everyone. I currently have a PS Vita on 3.60 and a PS TV on 3.60 I'm not liking that I can't game online or sync trophies to the online server. Now I like the PS TV because I can play games on my TV with a DS4. However, if I decided to update it I would have a limited compatibility of what I could play, since PS TV doesn't support all Vita games, and if I use the blacklist hack on OFW I would likely get banned. I don't want to risk losing my main account I have had since launch of the PS3. My question to you would be if you had a choice between sacrificing the PS Vita and PS TV what would you choose and why? Now, my last option would be to buy another PS Vita, so I could play on OFW and have the best of both worlds with my CFW Vita.
Advertising

HarmfulMushroom

Re: Need help making a decision!

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Harbinger wrote:Hi, everyone. I currently have a PS Vita on 3.60 and a PS TV on 3.60 I'm not liking that I can't game online or sync trophies to the online server. Now I like the PS TV because I can play games on my TV with a DS4. However, if I decided to update it I would have a limited compatibility of what I could play, since PS TV doesn't support all Vita games, and if I use the blacklist hack on OFW I would likely get banned. I don't want to risk losing my main account I have had since launch of the PS3. My question to you would be if you had a choice between sacrificing the PS Vita and PS TV what would you choose and why? Now, my last option would be to buy another PS Vita, so I could play on OFW and have the best of both worlds with my CFW Vita.
Personally I would say you're completely fine playing online with the whitelist patch myself, but there is always a risk so if you're nervous better safe than sorry. But at the same time I would personally either suggest updating the PSTV or buying a second hand Vita for online. 3.63 consoles are going for a reasonable price from all the people who missed the memo with Henkaku, that might be the way to go.
Advertising

Harbinger

Re: Need help making a decision!

Post by Harbinger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 pm

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:Hi, everyone. I currently have a PS Vita on 3.60 and a PS TV on 3.60 I'm not liking that I can't game online or sync trophies to the online server. Now I like the PS TV because I can play games on my TV with a DS4. However, if I decided to update it I would have a limited compatibility of what I could play, since PS TV doesn't support all Vita games, and if I use the blacklist hack on OFW I would likely get banned. I don't want to risk losing my main account I have had since launch of the PS3. My question to you would be if you had a choice between sacrificing the PS Vita and PS TV what would you choose and why? Now, my last option would be to buy another PS Vita, so I could play on OFW and have the best of both worlds with my CFW Vita.
Personally I would say you're completely fine playing online with the whitelist patch myself, but there is always a risk so if you're nervous better safe than sorry. But at the same time I would personally either suggest updating the PSTV or buying a second hand Vita for online. 3.63 consoles are going for a reasonable price from all the people who missed the memo with Henkaku, that might be the way to go.
Thanks for the response. I'm interested in the orange Japanese model, but I have a feeling due to its popularity in Japan, they will release a 3000 model with micro sd support.

adover1965

Vita Or Vita TV???

Post by adover1965 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:39 am

Use The Vita TV To Run taiHENkaku....That Would Be Smarter Of The Two...
ACE

Harbinger

Re: Vita Or Vita TV???

Post by Harbinger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm

adover1965 wrote:Use The Vita TV To Run taiHENkaku....That Would Be Smarter Of The Two...
Thanks for the response. I'm not exactly sure what taiHENkaku is. Would you mind elaborating on why you feel that it would be the smarter choice? Does it have a PSN store patch, online spoofing? I need to be safe online, as I'm a trophy hunter and want to add on to my main account. Without the risk of being banned.

adover1965

Ps vita Or Vita TV.???

Post by adover1965 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Either Then SONY Removed All Of The Key's For 3.60 and up....Its For Homebrew....
ACE

Harbinger

Re: Ps vita Or Vita TV.???

Post by Harbinger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:59 pm

adover1965 wrote:Either Then SONY Removed All Of The Key's For 3.60 and up....Its For Homebrew....
Are you implying that it's safe to play on CFW? I just checked the taiHENkaku you were talking about and there is no spoofing for it yet.

fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Ps vita Or Vita TV.???

Post by fate6 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Harbinger wrote:
adover1965 wrote:Either Then SONY Removed All Of The Key's For 3.60 and up....Its For Homebrew....
Are you implying that it's safe to play on CFW? I just checked the taiHENkaku you were talking about and there is no spoofing for it yet.
The latest HENkaku merged everything from taiHEN, Do not use taiHEN as its no longer supported.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “General”