Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Unique problem please help!

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Harbinger
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am

Unique problem please help!

Post by Harbinger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:32 am

Hello all! I signed up for PSN on the PS TV with a fake email address I wasn't aware that it required verification, so when I went to the yahoo mail website to create the email it said someone already has it. I tried to change the email with the link Sony provides to no avail. I'm on 3.60 with molecularShell and Vitashell07 installed. I tried installing the whitelist, but It wouldn't allow me to set up email. My goal was to set up VHBL, but I can't unless I have access to a signed up account. I tried deleting cookies, clearing browser history, and rebuilding database and nada. I even have it set up with LAN for best possible connection and now after rebooting it's not letting me reinstall Henkaku app. I get this message "Could not connect to the server within the time limit. (C2-14927-3).

Update after taking out
Vitaupdateblocker I was able to connect back with Henkaku, but the email app on the PS TV is not refreshing the email. I am using an outlook account, but when I set up the email it gave me an error message saying will not be able to receive or send messages. I changed the host name/server to imap-mail.outlook.com, and changed the server port, but it is still not refreshing the inbox.

What if I restore file system on PS TV will it still keep 3.60 or will it force me to update somewhere in the set up screen? I'm thinking if I do this I could correct the sign in issue and allow me to put in a real email address that I already created on my PS Vita.

On my Vita I was able to set up an account using Vitaupdateblocker method with a real email address. However I'm not able to install the Petz Saddle demo it made it as far as the download list but doesn't install onto the Vita. I get a error has occured message.
Advertising
Last edited by Harbinger on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshbarnettlloyd
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by joshbarnettlloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:38 am

simple solution is go into recovery and reset ps tv then when restarting the system fresh do not set up an account then once it is able to go on internet install molecular. There is no account needed for that and then you can do whatever you want you just cant go on psn. Other wise reset ps tv and register email first then set it up.

for recovery : viewtopic.php?p=385860
Advertising

Harbinger
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by Harbinger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 am

joshbarnettlloyd wrote:simple solution is go into recovery and reset ps tv then when restarting the system fresh do not set up an account then once it is able to go on internet install molecular. There is no account needed for that and then you can do whatever you want you just cant go on psn. Other wise reset ps tv and register email first then set it up.

for recovery : viewtopic.php?p=385860
Hello please check my updated post. So what are you saying that I don't need VHBL to just use the Henkaku app? If I misinterpretated what you said then can you please elaborate so I can get this working. Also with Vitaupdate blocker on my Vita I'm getting this " An error has occurred. (NW-10743-5)

joshbarnettlloyd
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by joshbarnettlloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:34 am

When you reset the vita it will ask you if you have a psn account say no and the follow the prompts. Once done set up wifi and visit then henkaku site and install it. Then you can install emulators using henkaku. You cannot have VHbL with this method.

Harbinger
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by Harbinger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:50 am

joshbarnettlloyd wrote:When you reset the vita it will ask you if you have a psn account say no and the follow the prompts. Once done set up wifi and visit then henkaku site and install it. Then you can install emulators using henkaku. You cannot have VHbL with this method.

Thanks for letting me know. Let's assume 3 weeks from now there will be a Kernal crack will not signing up still be of no concern? Why exactly shouldn't I sign up is it because of the risk of ban if I'm detected by Sony's servers? I hope I'm not annoying you with all my questions. I appreciate it your time and patience with me.

joshbarnettlloyd
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by joshbarnettlloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:56 am

Not signing up for psn just means you don't need to worry about that. But you can also sign up with a bogus account. I guess the question is if you want VHBL and or be able to download and play your purchased games. If you dont care about that then don't bother with an account because it wont effect anything. but if you have games etc then sign up and be cautious even though i don't there will be a ban for now.

Harbinger
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by Harbinger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 am

joshbarnettlloyd wrote:Not signing up for psn just means you don't need to worry about that. But you can also sign up with a bogus account. I guess the question is if you want VHBL and or be able to download and play your purchased games. If you dont care about that then don't bother with an account because it wont effect anything. but if you have games etc then sign up and be cautious even though i don't there will be a ban for now.
This is what lead me to believe you could install VHBL with Henkaku http://wololo.net/2016/08/08/ps-vita-do ... l-henkaku/

I do have games that I would like to play on the big screen like Soul Sacrifice Delta. I suppose I could buy a Japanese import of the only physial copy that exist, but then I wouldn't understand the language unless they have english subtitle support which I highly doubt. One more question how am I suppose to play my games online or update them to fix bugs if you're saying not to sign up? Whitelist on PS TV that I just installed says this after I popped in Uncharted "This application cannot be used with this system. If this application is supported by the Playstation TV system, update the application." What's that all about the whitelist should let me play this game on the PS TV. I hope the whitelist works for physical games.

joshbarnettlloyd
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by joshbarnettlloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:07 am

I'm not saying dont sign up. What I'm saying is if you do sign up you can have VHBL but if you dont sign up you cant. Along those lines if you do sign up then be cautious of when you access the psn or go online.

Harbinger
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by Harbinger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 am

joshbarnettlloyd wrote:I'm not saying dont sign up. What I'm saying is if you do sign up you can have VHBL but if you dont sign up you cant. Along those lines if you do sign up then be cautious of when you access the psn or go online.
There's no way to hide your account while online? Spoof or VPN? If I can go online for VHBL do you have an answer for why I only was able to put the game in my download list and not install onto my Vita? I get this error code when trying to sign in NW-10743-5

xyler
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Re: Unique problem please help!

Post by xyler » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 pm

If you have a ps3 than you can still access the store with a fairly unknown trick. I once wrote a little tutorial about it, but I dont remember how it worked so you would need to google around. This works for a PS vita, i dont know if you can copy from a ps3 to a pstv though. The ps3 does need to be on the same acc as the psvita iirc.

The known fw spoofer only works for a small amount of time after a new firmware is released iirc, so i dont know is it is still working.

Post Reply

Return to “General”