Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Will/Would/Did you update from 3.18 for PSM?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum

Will/Would/Did you update?

Yes
35%
No
53%
I don't know
12%

Total votes: 57

DarkkDante

Re: Will/Would/Did you update from 3.18 for PSM?

Post by DarkkDante » Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Yep I'm in the same boat, only 1 vita on 3.18, no way to get a 2nd vita or PS3 and I've been debating with myself whether or not to go for this, for me TN-V and TN-X are too good to give up, btw the n64 emulator is not bad at all, if you can live without sound it's almost full speed. but i would want something like Dosbox on the vita (with a touch keyboard), other than that there isn't anything i feel a psvita homebrew could improve over what we have now, but there are possibilities, like a comic reader would be nice :).

like you said it would be really cool to have a hint of what's going to be possible with this, like if it takes a year before any usable homebrew is available (my understanding is there's no sdk yet) than i wouldn't be a happy camper, on the other hand just the fact that it's possible to have a vita hack is exciting news - and kudos to everyone making it possible - my feeling is that if this turns into a real system hack, then eventually someone will figure a way to hack on 3.18 (webkit maybe?) and until that time comes, TN-V and TN-X will keep me gaming happily
Advertising

X-death

Post by X-death » Fri May 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Bert960 wrote: 6) Transfer Dev App to your main Vita
For that you need CMA and to be updated ;)
Advertising
Playstation TV PSNOVA JAP 3.60 Henkaku

chihuahua

Post by chihuahua » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:01 pm

X-death wrote:
Bert960 wrote: 6) Transfer Dev App to your main Vita
For that you need CMA and to be updated ;)

You can install opencma and transfer without being on the latest firmware :)
2 x Vita TV PVE-1000 - 3.18/3.18
4 x Vita 1000 - 1.80/3.18/3.18/3.18 kiosk
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS3 Phat 40gb CFW 4.55 Rogero
PS4 White 500gb

xcxv

Post by xcxv » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm

No ps3, good bye 3.15, good bye webkit exploit. PSM signed up under the wire using the last minute javascript trick. Downloaded PSM/updated/executed on my vita. I coulda sat on my 3.15 and prayed. Hopefully I made the right decision. Godspeed, grey-area devs.

joeh1974

Post by joeh1974 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:36 pm

I didn't have a PS3, and wasn't ready to give up on 3.18 in case this didn't work out. I picked up a Vita slim from Ebay and installed PSM on it.

reecey123

Post by reecey123 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:43 pm

You must of been mad if you updated your vita past 3.18 for another boring homebrew app, sorry but its true! I'm sick tbh with homebrew vita but someone told me it would not lead to anything interesting so don't update. If you thought running an N64 game at full FPS on your vita is a fantastic breakthrough, then I suggest stop waiting and get with the times and get a cheap 3DSXL and a DSTwo card, its alot cheaper and alot less frustrating!

Buzzcut

Post by Buzzcut » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:41 pm

reecey123 wrote:You must of been mad if you updated your vita past 3.18 for another boring homebrew app, sorry but its true! I'm sick tbh with homebrew vita but someone told me it would not lead to anything interesting so don't update. If you thought running an N64 game at full FPS on your vita is a fantastic breakthrough, then I suggest stop waiting and get with the times and get a cheap 3DSXL and a DSTwo card, its alot cheaper and alot less frustrating!
Well, it may be cheaper than buying a Vita, but I found mine. Besides, it's way cooler to have a Sony console that can play Nintendo games.

ordi

Post by ordi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:42 pm

reecey123 wrote:You must of been mad if you updated your vita past 3.18 for another boring homebrew app, sorry but its true! I'm sick tbh with homebrew vita but someone told me it would not lead to anything interesting so don't update. If you thought running an N64 game at full FPS on your vita is a fantastic breakthrough, then I suggest stop waiting and get with the times and get a cheap 3DSXL and a DSTwo card, its alot cheaper and alot less frustrating!
Hm, I don't get the point of your post to be honest.
I mean according to your logic, why should someone even stay on FW 3.18??
For PSP homebrews? It doesn't seem as if you are big fan of homebrews, so I guess that's not the reason.
For PSP Isos? Sure, but of course you can also buy a PSP, which is probably a lot cheapier than a 3DSXL and a DSTwo card.
(besides that, we might even see the PPSSPP emulator ported to the Vita)
For the Package Installer? That's probably the only real reason for staying on 3.18, but I don't know if the Package Installer is better than native homebrews. :?

R0ME0

Post by R0ME0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm

I plan to tonight.

Vita homebrew thus far (Basically emulated PSP homebrew) isn't really the greatest. I have a PSP to play my PSP titles on and dont have to worry about corrupt bubbles all the time. I bought some PSN games like issac, what im really hoping for is some compatible emulators coming along.

yatto

Post by yatto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Let's get it straight : I updated from 3.36 (with ARK) to 3.51 in order to get the PSM SDK. Now I miss ARK and 3.36. I never had a PSP, so every PSP game was brand new for me.

I'm only hoping for another ePSP Kernel Exploit. I'm not interested in Vita homebrew if I need a PC + internet connection each time I want to launch a homebrew. Dammit, it's a portable console !
Yifan Lu's job is amazing and I never imagined that native homebrew could be possible, but for the moment, I consider it as unusable "in real life" for myself. I saw that the internet restriction can be bypassed with "PSM+" by Yifan Lu, but I'm now waiting to be able to have the Vita perfectly independant of a PC to launch homebrews.
I'm patient, and if it never happens, so be it. I'd be glad to get another ePSP hack.

Return to “General”