Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP ISO to PS3 PKG to PS Vita?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
spewfr

PSP ISO to PS3 PKG to PS Vita?

Post by spewfr »

So I want to play a PSP ISO on my Vita... Would this work?
1. Convert PSP ISO to PS3 "psp mini" using PSPtoPS3 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Kt55NLivU )
2. Copy "pop mini" to PS Vita ( transfer using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5lVw59B7Y )

Would this work? Has anyone tried?
Advertising
Reimu

Re: PSP ISO to PS3 PKG to PS Vita?

Post by Reimu »

spewfr wrote:So I want to play a PSP ISO on my Vita... Would this work?
1. Convert PSP ISO to PS3 "psp mini" using PSPtoPS3 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Kt55NLivU )
2. Copy "pop mini" to PS Vita ( transfer using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5lVw59B7Y )

Would this work? Has anyone tried?
it will of course not work, you can only install Retail Packages ( 0x04 > 80 00) and not Debug Packages (0x04 > 00 00)

So it will need to patch the pkg installer to allow these packages (not yet possible)
Advertising
PS Vita 1k EU - 3.51 VHBL + custom Bubble
PS Vita 1k JP - 3.01 TN-V10 + PSOne Loader + custom Bubble
PS3 - 4.70 Rebug REX + webMAN
Nintendo 3DS XL NENE DX JP - 9.2.0-20J <-> 4.2
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

Er, so can I just make a retail package instead?
JulianRDTG

Post by JulianRDTG »

spewfr wrote:Er, so can I just make a retail package instead?
Nop, see the PS Vita will only install retail DRM-FREE packages. Like Netflix, Skype, etc.
PS4 (Black) - OFW 1.71
PS4 (Grey Special Edition) - OFW 2.03
PS3 CECH-2001A REBUG D-REX 4.56.2
PS3 CECHH01+CECHL REBUG REX 4.56.2 - CECHH01 DONATED
PS3 CECHA01 Rogero 3.55
PS Vita - 3.18 - TN-V & VHBL
PSTV - 3.20 - TN-V
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

Right, but you can install the PSV package on the PS3, edit the ISO file of the game on the ps3 HDD to match your game, and then copy the data to the PS vita?
Reimu

Post by Reimu »

spewfr wrote:Right, but you can install the PSV package on the PS3, edit the ISO file of the game on the ps3 HDD to match your game, and then copy the data to the PS vita?
You will corrupt the *.pkg file if you anything change on it, you can't do something like own you games legal or get a eCFW for Back Ups there was no other way (yet)
spewfr

Post by spewfr »

Okay sorry for the shortened responses, but here's my theory;
When a PSP ISO game is converted into a PS3 Mini, I don't recall there being any modifications to the EBOOT.
That means that replacing the ISO.BIN.ENC file (the actual game itself) would simply make the EBOOT run the customized ISO.
Also, as for getting the game to install properly; You don't need a PKG because you can select "Copy content installed on the PS3 to the PS Vita" (or something similar.)
You can edit the ISO.BIN.ENC of a purchased PSP game by modifying a backup made on the PS3 system using ps3xport by kakaroto.
I am going to attempt this today, and report back my findings.
Reimu

Post by Reimu »

spewfr wrote:Okay sorry for the shortened responses, but here's my theory;
When a PSP ISO game is converted into a PS3 Mini, I don't recall there being any modifications to the EBOOT.
That means that replacing the ISO.BIN.ENC file (the actual game itself) would simply make the EBOOT run the customized ISO.
Also, as for getting the game to install properly; You don't need a PKG because you can select "Copy content installed on the PS3 to the PS Vita" (or something similar.)
You can edit the ISO.BIN.ENC of a purchased PSP game by modifying a backup made on the PS3 system using ps3xport by kakaroto.
just if you can tranfser already installed files, (i don't think you can do that) you will transfer a *pkg which will on fly decrypted and transfered to your PS Vita
S0N_0F_A_S0N

Post by S0N_0F_A_S0N »

spewfr wrote:Okay sorry for the shortened responses, but here's my theory;
So anything yet?
Kapo40671

Post by Kapo40671 »

It is possible now? It's 2019...

Return to “General”