Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

activate my psvita without update 3.30!possible??

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
DrRetro

Re: activate my psvita without update 3.30!possible??

Post by DrRetro »

There is a way only with Vita and a Windows PC:

You need "Vita Update Blocker" and "PS3.ProxyServer". You use the first one to get into the Settings > PSN Menu and than close it and use the second to use the Activation Function.

Without the second one I get an Connection Error if I try to activate my Vita, but when I'm in the PSN Menu I can not deactivate the Proxy in the WiFi Setting after the Firmware Check. So it is simple for what the second one is: to replace the Blocker Proxy with a other ProxyServer that didn't filter anything per Default and that is PS3.ProxyServer.

A bit complicated but it worked for me. I get today my Vita, a bit too late for 3.18, but now I'm still on 3.18, Vita is activated and Homebrew works.
Advertising
libchk

Post by libchk »

DrRetro wrote:There is a way only with Vita and a Windows PC:

You need "Vita Update Blocker" and "PS3.ProxyServer". You use the first one to get into the Settings > PSN Menu and than close it and use the second to use the Activation Function.

Without the second one I get an Connection Error if I try to activate my Vita, but when I'm in the PSN Menu I can not deactivate the Proxy in the WiFi Setting after the Firmware Check. So it is simple for what the second one is: to replace the Blocker Proxy with a other ProxyServer that didn't filter anything per Default and that is PS3.ProxyServer.

A bit complicated but it worked for me. I get today my Vita, a bit too late for 3.18, but now I'm still on 3.18, Vita is activated and Homebrew works.
If i run PS3.ProxyServer in PC, what settings/config should i make? Same config with the vita update blocker?
Advertising
PS VITA 1007 3.18 patapon 2 / PS1 loader tekken 2
PS TV 3.18 patapon 1 / PS1 loader tekken 2
PSP GO White 6.60
PSP 2000 6.60
PS3 PHAT CFW 4.50 ROGERO
PS3 PHAT OFW 4.7
HP Elitebook 2560P OS: FreeBSD 10.1
Firewall: Alix 2D3 OS: pfSense 2.x
wakalabis

Post by wakalabis »

DrRetro wrote:There is a way only with Vita and a Windows PC:

I'm on 3.18. Same problem as you and OP.I did exactly what you suggested, and I got up to this step:

So, apparently my vita was activated.

But the vita won't show up at: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Further up, I *can* connect to PSN store on the vita using "Vita Update Blocker" but I can't download anything on my account. None of the games I have on PSN appear as purchases there. Weird. It looks as if I signed up to a blank account, even though I did sign up using my account.

I have tried activating many times to the point where I got an error code indicating I would have to wait one week in order to activate again.

I contacted PSN support and they lifted the temporary ban. Tried one more time: same thing. Contacted support again, they said there *is* a ps vita linked to my account. They said PSN was going through an update and *that* might be the cause of the problem. I will wait for the update to finish and see if it appears on my account.
libchk

Post by libchk »

Does this mean my Vita is activated already? As far as i remember i activated it via PSN. See screenshot.

http://picpaste.com/vit-1V6Igk3V.PNG
PS VITA 1007 3.18 patapon 2 / PS1 loader tekken 2
PS TV 3.18 patapon 1 / PS1 loader tekken 2
PSP GO White 6.60
PSP 2000 6.60
PS3 PHAT CFW 4.50 ROGERO
PS3 PHAT OFW 4.7
HP Elitebook 2560P OS: FreeBSD 10.1
Firewall: Alix 2D3 OS: pfSense 2.x
wakalabis

Post by wakalabis »

libchk wrote:Does this mean my Vita is activated already? As far as i remember i activated it via PSN. See screenshot.

http://picpaste.com/vit-1V6Igk3V.PNG
I guess it is! Try to add a game to its download queue and see what happens :D

How did you do it?
DrRetro

Post by DrRetro »

I had that Problem to not see the Vita in the Download List on the PSN Website too, a relogin fix it for me. :)
libchk wrote:If i run PS3.ProxyServer in PC, what settings/config should i make? Same config with the vita update blocker?
For other Users here: yes, same settings that Vita Update Blocker shows in his Window (IP of PC and Port 8080 is default).

Would be great if Vita Update Blocker gets an update, so we only need this Tool.
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

Ok, I bought PS Vita with 3.01 firmware.
I need to update it first with 3.18 using manual updating tutorial, then activate my psn account as in this topic, and they buy and dowload (queue) bougt games.
Can I use someone elses accout (the vita comes with one) and change the data and payment? Would it work (it would be a lot easier).

I hope that downloading with proxy is still possible.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 »

My suggestion would be to restore the Vita and when you're doing the setup use your account to activate the Vita. Then you can manually update to 3.18 and put your games on there via PS3.
GAME GENIE ROCKS! CHECK IT OUT!
Game Genie Website
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

Thanks. But I could connect to PSN, then I couldn't buy anything (with the proper info of my credit card), and then it was to late. Or maybe not, we will see.
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

Can anyone help me with Ps3 proxy? I installed it, installed Net Framework 1.1 (as it asked for it) but I don't see it anywhere on my computer. How can I open it and change settings?

Return to “General”