Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Japanese Vita TV owners with US/UK accounts thread! (+ Info)

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
chihuahua

Re: Japanese Vita TV now works with US accounts! (+ INFO)

Post by chihuahua »

reprep wrote:
chihuahua wrote:You will need a vita on the same firmware as the vita tv to send games to the memory card, a US account on the memory card and on your vita tv.

Problem is activating the vita tv for using the US memory card on 3.18, you can activate a ps vita on old firmware, just not sure you can do the same with the vita tv.
that is the problem. how can i activate vita tv for using the us memory card (us psn account)? it only accepts japan and asian psn.

It now accepts US logins, are you wanting to just log in and have up to date firmware? You won't have a problem, if you want ecfw and ps1 Loader on a US PSN then you are at the same dilemma as me.
Advertising
2 x Vita TV PVE-1000 - 3.18/3.18
4 x Vita 1000 - 1.80/3.18/3.18/3.18 kiosk
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS3 Phat 40gb CFW 4.55 Rogero
PS4 White 500gb
reprep

Post by reprep »

chihuahua wrote:
reprep wrote:
chihuahua wrote:You will need a vita on the same firmware as the vita tv to send games to the memory card, a US account on the memory card and on your vita tv.

Problem is activating the vita tv for using the US memory card on 3.18, you can activate a ps vita on old firmware, just not sure you can do the same with the vita tv.
that is the problem. how can i activate vita tv for using the us memory card (us psn account)? it only accepts japan and asian psn.

It now accepts US logins, are you wanting to just log in and have up to date firmware? You won't have a problem, if you want ecfw and ps1 Loader on a US PSN then you are at the same dilemma as me.
that was what i was wondering, is it confirmed vita tv now accepts US logins? if so, you can still use Charles proxy for psn login, it should work about a week.

my vita tv is still on its way from japan, so when it arrives probably it will be too late for Charles proxy, but you still have the chance.
Advertising
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

reprep wrote:
chihuahua wrote:how can i activate vita tv for using the us memory card (us psn account)? it only accepts japan and asian psn.
OP said: "You can set up all countries while registering your console though", so I'd assume you'll have to go back to "registering your console" point, which translates to "restore system from recovery menu" for regular Vita's. You'll probably have to plug the controller in using USB cable to get into the recovery menu (that's how it's done on PS3, I don't have Vita TV).
Edit: this is used for activating Vita using PS3 transfer method.
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

Cyber wrote:
reprep wrote:
chihuahua wrote:how can i activate vita tv for using the us memory card (us psn account)? it only accepts japan and asian psn.
OP said: "You can set up all countries while registering your console though", so I'd assume you'll have to go back to "registering your console" point, which translates to "restore system from recovery menu" for regular Vita's. You'll probably have to plug the controller in using USB cable to get into the recovery menu (that's how it's done on PS3, I don't have Vita TV).
Edit: this is used for activating Vita using PS3 transfer method.

Vita TV is different, no usb connection transfers from pc or ps3 like the normal vita.

Edit: so with Charles proxy I can access PSN on my vita tv via wifi, but will it let me register the device on 3.18 firmware when 3.30 is the current firmware?
Last edited by chihuahua on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS4 White 500gb
glas

Post by glas »

What I did was:

- login with JP account.
- update fw
- login with us account.
- after having it updated I inserted my us account card

Will detail more once arrived to work I'm at subway now
Twitter: @_brandNEWdays
PSN ID: DJ_Tomato
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

chihuahua wrote:Vita TV is different, no usb connection transfers from pc or ps3 like the normal vita.

Edit: so with Charles proxy I can access PSN on my vita tv via wifi, but will it let me register the device on 3.18 firmware when 3.30 is the current firmware?
Too bad then.
FWIW, I was able to activate my 3.15 Vita soon after 3.18 went live using VitaUpdateBlocker.
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

t now accepts US logins, are you wanting to just log in and have up to date firmware? You won't have a problem, if you want ecfw and ps1 Loader on a US PSN then you are at the same dilemma as me.[/quote]

How do you have the 3.18 Psvita tv pleying Ecfw and psx loader are you using japans patapon and Tekken 2?
Game On!
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

I read the topic and people complained about vitaupdateblocker not working after 3.15, I'm at work now so will give it a go in a few hours.

Edit: yes a Japanese PSN with patapon 2 and tekken 2, reason u want US login on it is because the tekken 2 hits a problem after its triggered. You get the game menu select screen but you can't navigate on it with the controller, PS button works just not anything else.
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS4 White 500gb
reprep

Post by reprep »

try both vitaupdateblocker and Charles proxy methods. Sony usually lets people connect to psn via proxy methods for about 1 week after a new firmware is released.
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

reprep wrote:try both vitaupdateblocker and Charles proxy methods. Sony usually lets people connect to psn via proxy methods for about 1 week after a new firmware is released.

Will do, going to try in about 3 hours.
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS4 White 500gb

Return to “General”