Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Anyone else trying to exploit the vita browser?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Anyone else trying to exploit the vita browser?

Post by Acid_Snake » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:02 am

DarkenLX wrote:i will say this forget the browser atm unless you have a *** ton of know how with web security and such as without it you'll get nowhere real fast not just with the vita browser but any web browser hacking
might i suggest the vita multimedia apps .... heres a slight clue what to look for: same type of exploit the ps4 would have used in one of the video stream apps ;) research it as this is your only clue.
there's this thing called webkit which the vita uses, that is open source and there's a crapton of exploits coming out periodically
Advertising

DarkenLX

Re: Anyone else trying to exploit the vita browser?

Post by DarkenLX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Acid_Snake wrote:
DarkenLX wrote:i will say this forget the browser atm unless you have a *** ton of know how with web security and such as without it you'll get nowhere real fast not just with the vita browser but any web browser hacking
might i suggest the vita multimedia apps .... heres a slight clue what to look for: same type of exploit the ps4 would have used in one of the video stream apps ;) research it as this is your only clue.
there's this thing called webkit which the vita uses, that is open source and there's a crapton of exploits coming out periodically
yes but the webkit is by apple oddly if you try to do the webkit equivalent of about:config or any webkit commands the vita states "the file cannot be opened" or "the file cannot be loaded"... it appears webkit files are locked and cant be access without some serious hacking on the vita itself natively
Advertising
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]

Return to “General”