Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Theory/Needs a Tester] Connecting a DS4 to a Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
kalashnikov23

[Theory/Needs a Tester] Connecting a DS4 to a Vita

Post by kalashnikov23 »

Hey guys

So after using the DS4 Tool on my PC, I tried to connect my DS4 via BlueTooth to my computer (Who likes wires anyways?)

The method was as follows: You have to activate a mode on the DS4 first to make it discoverable.
Following that, you need to search for and pair it with your PC. Then the DS4 Tool should do the rest.

Now, the problem is, it needs to be paired via a passcode, like other BT peripherals. The problem is the manuals don't have any pairing instructions obviously. With a quick Google search, I found the pairing code to be 0000 for the DS4... And it worked! It was now paired to my PC.

Now this is where the theory comes in: Can we connect the DS4 to a PS Vita, Vita TV and/or a PSPgo?
(Problem is I don't have any of those above at the moment, only DS4s at my disposal)
So I need testers to try the following method and report back. Maybe we could have this sick controller working on our favourite handheld devices!

tl;dr
Step 1:
Make sure your DS4 is off and not connected to any other devices via a cable etc.
Step 2:
Hold SHARE + PS Button for about 3-5 seconds. The controller light bar should blink rapidly.
Step 3:
Turn on Bluetooth on your Vita/TV/PSPgo and select add a device
(The DS4 is in discoverable mode so in theory it should be found by the handheld)
Step 4:
Pair the DS4 with the handheld with a passcode/secure mode, entering code '0000'
(On Windows it says enter the devices pairing code)
Step 5:
It should now be paired successfully and the light bar should be white.

If the controller doesn't pair it means one of the following things:
*This trick won't work at all to connect
*You may have made a mistake in the process
*Maybe after pairing the PS Button needs to be pressed (Did NOT have to do that on Windows btw)

Thanks for reading. If anyone could test this and post results that would be awesome!
Happy Hacking! :D
Advertising
yifanlu
Guru

Re: [Theory/Needs a Tester] Connecting a DS4 to a Vita

Post by yifanlu »

While the Vita firmware has support for the DS4, it's not enabled outside of the VitaTV on 3.10. Prior to 3.10, the Vita does not even have the stack for DS4 in PC controller mode or in PS4 controller mode.
Advertising
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Moved to PSVita > General
L2SSnake

Post by L2SSnake »

yifanlu wrote:While the Vita firmware has support for the DS4, it's not enabled outside of the VitaTV on 3.10. Prior to 3.10, the Vita does not even have the stack for DS4 in PC controller mode or in PS4 controller mode.
Man if this works.. I rly whant a ps3 /ps4 support for ps vita, i liked psp go for this reason but its add that psv has bluetooth but no controler connectivity, i did try with ds3 and i didnt work, as soon as i get ds4 i will wait for some homebrew that works at least on tn-v
Potius Mori Quam Tradere

Return to “General”