Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ps2 emulation

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Blankets_McGee

ps2 emulation

Post by Blankets_McGee »

i know we're a ways away from a working ps2 emulator, but i was wonder how you would be able to assign the "L-2" "L-3" "R-2" "R-3" buttons on the vita? maybe using four quadrants on the touch screen?
Advertising
PSVita PCH-1001 64gb WiFi w/ 3.60 HENkaku
CECH-2051A 160gb PS3 w/ REBUG 4.53/Cobra 7.01 + PS2 Plugin CFW
Red SuperSlim on OFW 4.55
PS4 OFW 1.76 + Webkit Access
dmaskell92

Re: ps2 emulation

Post by dmaskell92 »

Blankets_McGee wrote:i know we're a ways away from a working ps2 emulator, but i was wonder how you would be able to assign the "L-2" "L-3" "R-2" "R-3" buttons on the vita? maybe using four quadrants on the touch screen?
I imagine it would be the same as remoteplay, front touch screen or rear touch pad. Don't expect a PS2 emulator soon though. It won't happen unless the vita gets a full hack, then it still might not happen.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
FruG3rT

Post by FruG3rT »

I know on The Jak and Daxter collection (ported from ps2) the L2/3 and R2/3 are assigned to the rear touch pad, but that can be somewhat annoying zooming in randomly during combat. Possibly since it would be an emulator you could map the buttons to sides of your front and or back screen.
Vita 1001: OFW 3.01
PSP 1000: 3.90 m33-3
PSP 2000: 6.60 ME 1.8
I can never catch an exploit, for the life of me.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

I've seen many technical discussions by knowledgeable people on this forum and others regarding PS2 emulation on the PS Vita.

Unfortunately for us, every discussion comes to the same conclusion: The PS2 can never be emulated to be ****PLAYABLE**** on our beloved PS Vita....

heck, the PS3 slim can't emulate the PS2 properly, with Captain-CPX ps2classics conversion, all the games I've tried arent even playable. How the heck can a PS Vita be capable of it then?
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
GeminiContractor

Post by GeminiContractor »

Blankets_McGee wrote:i know we're a ways away from a working ps2 emulator, but i was wonder how you would be able to assign the "L-2" "L-3" "R-2" "R-3" buttons on the vita? maybe using four quadrants on the touch screen?
I think that it would be the same as PSOne Classics.
The rear touch-pad is set to L2(top left), R2(top right) and L3(bottom left), R3(bottom right), while you can assign those buttons to (almost) any button you want including the front touch-pad, if I'm not mistaken.

As for whether or not the PS Vita is capable of PS2 emulation...well, I think that it is very capable of it.

I mean, with the PS3, people would say "The Slim PS3 can't emulate PS2 games. It has no PS2 built in, and it can't run them even with an emulator!", but then the PS2 Classics came out.
Then people would say, "Well, that's because the games are remade to be PS2 Classics!", but then people figured out they weren't "remade" so much as converted and that they could easily edit their games to make their own PS2 Classics.
Then people would say, "You still can't run PS2 discs or PS2 ISOs!", then they found out how to run those(actually, I'm not too sure about the discs part, though I vaguely recall reading somewhere on a trustworthy site that you could do so) on Slim PS3s.

Anyway, aside from pointing out that a lot of people tend to be wrong about calling things impossible, the PS Vita is, in several areas, just as if not more powerful than the PS3.
VitaGenic wrote:heck, the PS3 slim can't emulate the PS2 properly, with Captain-CPX ps2classics conversion, all the games I've tried arent even playable. How the heck can a PS Vita be capable of it then?
I've yet to run into games that emulate incorrectly aside from the problem games that weren't even built using the usual PS2 games structure in the first place(Snowblind Studios game engine games/e.g. Champions of Norrath, The Bard's Tale and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance)
"People cannot change the past. All we can do is to accept our own actions.
If you still wish to be burdened by your sins, let it show in your future actions.
It is your choice how to perceive something that has already happened."
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Last I checked the PS3's PS2 emulator has about 30% compatibility, and while the Vita can display PS3 quality graphics it is not in any regard "more powerful" than the PS3
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “General”