Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

psvits charge port fix/mod micro usb

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
HarmfulMushroom

Re: psvits charge port fix/mod micro usb

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

TheProdigy wrote:Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do this?
I mean the pictures are the tutorial, it would be harder to go into more specifics than what is already provided. It is a challenging mod, not for everyone. Need to have some thin wire and a steady hand to solder it up well. Personal suggestion, if the port works still don't do the mod. If it doesn't, use a rework station to remove the port, then solder directly to the pads. As difficult as that sounds, I've found it easiest to do it that way. At the very least solder the data pins this way, ground and 5V would be easiest to solder elsewhere.
Advertising
Aldighieri

Post by Aldighieri »

Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Aldighieri wrote:Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.

Just ignore the bridged ground, I made this pic when I thought it was required and that does not seem to be the case. From personal experience, soldering to the data pins directly is way easier than the alternate points, even though it seems like it would be daunting its not that bad.

And here's another good reference: http://imaginglabo.web.fc2.com/PSvita-USB.htm
Aldighieri

Post by Aldighieri »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Aldighieri wrote:Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.

Just ignore the bridged ground, I made this pic when I thought it was required and that does not seem to be the case. From personal experience, soldering to the data pins directly is way easier than the alternate points, even though it seems like it would be daunting its not that bad.

And here's another good reference: http://imaginglabo.web.fc2.com/PSvita-USB.htm
Thank you man!
Aldighieri

Post by Aldighieri »

After i made the mod my Vita can transfer data using my PC and microusb cable, but its not charging, when i plug the charger with Vita turned on nothing hapen, when its turned off the oragen light turn on for 2 seconds and turn off.
HarmfulMushroom

Aldighieri wrote:After i made the mod my Vita can transfer data using my PC and microusb cable, but its not charging, when i plug the charger with Vita turned on nothing hapen, when its turned off the oragen light turn on for 2 seconds and turn off.
Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.
Aldighieri

Post by Aldighieri »

HarmfulMushroom wrote: Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.
I remade the solder points and now its working perfect. Thanks for all help!
HarmfulMushroom

Aldighieri wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote: Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.
I remade the solder points and now its working perfect. Thanks for all help!
Nice job, happy to help!
iGThomas

Post by iGThomas »

Aldighieri wrote:After i made the mod my Vita can transfer data using my PC and microusb cable, but its not charging, when i plug the charger with Vita turned on nothing hapen, when its turned off the oragen light turn on for 2 seconds and turn off.
I almost have the same issue, I lost my PSV wall adapter so I'm using a powerbank with 2.1V from what I noticed it charges but super slowly and then shuts down. I only connected the power pin and ground because the data were a bit hard to solder, could that be an issue? Or is the issue in the battery because it's been 3 years it hasn't been on
dragng8

Post by dragng8 »

So i decided to add a micro usb port to the top of my vita like this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FqKJDMhnAs.
So far, the ports arent working. Not even the original port. Vita turns on, and all the controls work, but no charging. Im not too sure about how the hardware works but im pretty versed in installing modchips, so i dived right in. Does anyone know what could be causing neither of the ports to not charge? I used the alternate points (though i feel i shouldve used the pins) but i dont understand how NONE of my charging ports are working now. If someone could explain, id really appreciate it. Thanks

Return to “General”