Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Firmware 2.60 available !

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
piccolaroma

Re: Firmware 2.60 available !

Post by piccolaroma » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 pm

good update but my vhbl private working again .........
Advertising
PSP STREET E1004 2C - 6.60 Pro C1 fix3
PS VITA WiFi - 16 GB - 3.01 VHBL/TN-V4

yunalover

Post by yunalover » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 pm

annluan wrote:
yunalover wrote:Some additional stuff

Music that is being streamed from a pc or ps3 cannot be played in the background
it wouldn't be hard at all for them to 'fix' this.
and it would be awesome
to be honest, I was pretty shocked it never worked, it not like content manager dc's when you exit the music app, I was looking forward to having access to all my music to beat to on games like racers and fighters
Advertising
My Systems:

PSP 3001 Running 6.39 Pro-C
PS Vita Running OFW 2.00 (Waiting on better transfer methods)

DDFF Mains: Yuna, Prishe
PSN: stevenoshea

bluetiger

Post by bluetiger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 pm

So i did it i updated. I was worried it might brick like that recent PS3 update but so far so good. What was that about anyway? So this is their big strategy? Withhold important features like toggling wifi and then including it in an update when a new exploit or something comes out? Dude that's just sad. So what do we have to do to get the features we really want? Hardware mods?

i also updated Facebook and twitter as well and soul sacrifice too. No detectible change with the first to two, and ss? Meh i got sick of grinding for '+' and '++' items. No amount of dlc and updating can endear this game to me again. I do genuinely appreciate the continued support for it though.

ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

S1NFUL wrote:
ZeroSkys wrote:I need to get my psp back. So i can try to find a usermode to release.
Hgoel once made a tutorial for finding usermode exploits without a PSP.
Its much better to use a psp from what i have seen. With a psp you might get different (accurate) results.
Add Meh

b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

bluetiger wrote:So i did it i updated. I was worried it might brick like that recent PS3 update but so far so good. What was that about anyway? So this is their big strategy? Withhold important features like toggling wifi and then including it in an update when a new exploit or something comes out? Dude that's just sad. So what do we have to do to get the features we really want? Hardware mods?

i also updated Facebook and twitter as well and soul sacrifice too. No detectible change with the first to two, and ss? Meh i got sick of grinding for '+' and '++' items. No amount of dlc and updating can endear this game to me again. I do genuinely appreciate the continued support for it though.
I think I will just stay at 2.12 and hope for CEF with extra RAM support. I have lost interest in just about every function on the Vita that requires you to update.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future

ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Total-Noob wrote:Okay, here are some arranged informations:
- TN-V4 will be released after PS4 launch. As I do not have much time for working on TN-V4, you have to be patient.
- TN-V4 will support every FW. Below 2.60 you will have high memory support. So if it is that worth, DO NOT update.
Add Meh

b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 pm

ZeroSkys wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:Okay, here are some arranged informations:
- TN-V4 will be released after PS4 launch. As I do not have much time for working on TN-V4, you have to be patient.
- TN-V4 will support every FW. Below 2.60 you will have high memory support. So if it is that worth, DO NOT update.
Yes I read that. I am glad I didn't update to 2.60 because the extra RAM is really what I want.

ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 am

I'm kinda noob, what good is this extra ram?
Add Meh

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:18 am

ZeroSkys wrote:I'm kinda noob, what good is this extra ram?
Well for one thing homebrew compatibility would increase and emulators would work better
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:24 am

ZeroSkys wrote:I'm kinda noob, what good is this extra ram?
The main thing is emulators/homebrew designed to use the extra RAM will run much smoother. A few plugins also use the extra RAM. There are many apps designed for PSP's that will not run on the original model due to RAM restrictions. Maybe the extra RAM could help PSX sound support also. Back on topic: So if you update to 2.60 you will still get to use CEF but it will have less compatibility than CEF on firmwares 2.12 and below (because on 2.60 the extra RAM is not accessible.)

Return to “General”