Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSV Go -- Possibility

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
S1NFUL

PSV Go -- Possibility

Post by S1NFUL »

Before the Vita model was actually shown by Sony, it was rumored to have a shape similar to the PSP Go.

And...

However, I think that Sony ultimately decided against that form-factor because of the apparent failure of the PSP Go. Now, although the previous pictures have relatively no proof to back them up, I found these images via Google (credz to Wololo's article, actually) that apparently showed an early Vita dev console.

With digital being a primary focus of the future, do you guys think that we'll ever see a PSV Go? And even if we ever seen one, would it interest you to buy one or not?
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSV Go -- Possibility

Post by fate6 »

actually iirc that design had overheating issues :/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Well, they can always fix these types of issues with slight design/hardware changes, right?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

S1NFUL wrote:Well, they can always fix these types of issues with slight design/hardware changes, right?
they did... then they released it ;)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Cheesethief

Post by Cheesethief »

fate6 wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:Well, they can always fix these types of issues with slight design/hardware changes, right?
they did... then they released it ;)
I think I read somewhere that they had two prototypes. One that was the slider, the other one that was more like the traditional PSP design. The slider was having overheating issues so they just went with the traditional design.
Raspberry Pi Model B Rev. 2 Raspbian Wheezy Powered Headless Server
PS3 CECHP01 Habib Cobra 4.65 v1.00
PS Vita PCH1001 3.18 TN-V10 via Gladiator Begins
Desktop Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Laptop Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

I think they had said that the slider design was OK but at the full 2 GHz it would burn your pants?
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

omg, I want it! \(^_^)/

But in regards to worse overheating issues, that speaks volumes. The released Vita's heat already makes my fingertips sore some days.
The form factor, meh. PSPgo is still better than the Vita or 3DS for holding onto.
Plus with the size of the PSVita Game cartridges, you could probably fit a slot for that into it. Its no bulky UMD for sure.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Yea, I read that thing about the 2 GHz and pants on fire...that's one of the reasons why Sony has the Vita underclocked.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

jc_gargma wrote:omg, I want it! \(^_^)/

But in regards to worse overheating issues, that speaks volumes. The released Vita's heat already makes my fingertips sore some days.
The form factor, meh. PSPgo is still better than the Vita or 3DS for holding onto.
Plus with the size of the PSVita Game cartridges, you could probably fit a slot for that into it. Its no bulky UMD for sure.
Wait, what? I don't feel any heat from my Vita :? Do you play in the sun or something? If your fingertips get sore because of the heat, maybe you should contact Sony?
S1NFUL wrote:Yea, I read that thing about the 2 GHz and pants on fire...that's one of the reasons why Sony has the Vita underclocked.
From some stuff I read on the internet (not necessarily credible though) the current Vita might not really heat up to burn our pants but the "2 GHz would drain battery faster than a 3DS with the 3d turned up to max"
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

hgoel0974 wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:omg, I want it! \(^_^)/

Wait, what? I don't feel any heat from my Vita :? Do you play in the sun or something? If your fingertips get sore because of the heat, maybe you should contact Sony?
S1NFUL wrote:Yea, I read that thing about the 2 GHz and pants on fire...that's one of the reasons why Sony has the Vita underclocked.
From some stuff I read on the internet (not necessarily credible though) the current Vita might not really heat up to burn our pants but the "2 GHz would drain battery faster than a 3DS with the 3d turned up to max"
I think I read it in a dev diary, not sure. Whoever said it must have been exaggerating (thinking he or she's funny), but yes, at 2 GHz, the Vita could overheat...it doesn't even have fan vents, so it's possible.

Return to “General”