Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

video hard-mod for vita, by katsukity co

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
rafael707

Re: video hard-mod for vita, by katsukity co

Post by rafael707 »

Elw00d77 wrote:I think the cosmetics of the installation are just fine. It cuts into the model sticker, but really who cares about that? If it were sticking out beyond the shell I would have issues, but it looks flush to me (set in just a bit would be a bit better). The location of the mini USB is probably dictated by where the connection points are within the VITA. I would be in line to get this, if there were such a line.
if the cut's were more precise and the usb port was nice and tight between the cuts, it would look nicer..
Advertising
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
Elw00d77

Post by Elw00d77 »

rafael707,

I neglected to say thanks for bringing this mod to our attention in my prior post. Looking at the photo, there can't be more than a MM or at MAX two between the mini USB and the case opening (it may be a bit out of level though, miniscule though). That seems pretty close to professional after market work. This is just my opinion and please don't take this as an attack to you personally. I do concede the point that if they eliminated any space between the mini USB and the case it would look even better, but for MODs on an expensive unit it is difficult to expect perfection on early examples. Or for them to keep experimenting on units to get the cut to the shell perfect so early.

I figure it is a wash then, I agree it could look better, but I still think it looks pretty darn good for the first example we have seen.

L
Advertising
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Man, from this capture-card hard-mod, it seems that Vita hard-modding will be very likely. And a lot of times, CFW or likewise hacking projects begin with hard-mods. :)
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
maken

Post by maken »

This seems odd... I wonder where they added the video out?

Besides the new ports they added, has anyone thought that the port at the top of the vita could be related to some sort of video-out? It looks like there is the proprietary port then a really small jack of some sort. Sony has commented a lot saying it is some sort of accessory port, but to what...?
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

I can't confirm the legitimacy of this, but here's something:
http://cart05.lolipop.jp/LA04663495/?mo ... 0102236856

EDIT: It seems legit...it's linked to this site (http://katsukity.blog123.fc2.com/), which was found in the description of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Ywm6q4CZYY

More proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RFYYxXTrDg
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

Elw00d77 wrote:rafael707,

I neglected to say thanks for bringing this mod to our attention in my prior post. Looking at the photo, there can't be more than a MM or at MAX two between the mini USB and the case opening (it may be a bit out of level though, miniscule though). That seems pretty close to professional after market work. This is just my opinion and please don't take this as an attack to you personally. I do concede the point that if they eliminated any space between the mini USB and the case it would look even better, but for MODs on an expensive unit it is difficult to expect perfection on early examples. Or for them to keep experimenting on units to get the cut to the shell perfect so early.

I figure it is a wash then, I agree it could look better, but I still think it looks pretty darn good for the first example we have seen.

L
no harm taken, its not my vita so im not upset :lol: but i too believe practice makes perfect, more importantly i also want to state that the fact that there is a video mod such as this gives people hope that one day well have nicer mods for the vita ;) ;)

-----
S1NFUL wrote:Man, from this capture-card hard-mod, it seems that Vita hard-modding will be very likely. And a lot of times, CFW or likewise hacking projects begin with hard-mods. :)
exactly my point ^ this video-out mod is just the stepping stone into something greater :mrgreen:
Last edited by jc_gargma on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

I still don't see where they got the space to put that in, maybe they replace a chip with one that has V-out as well, because the Vita is said to be a very tightly packed package.
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Hoo, >$500 for the 3DS one, can't imagine the VIta one will be cheap D: And 3dscapture offers the same thing for 3DS for almost a hundred dollars cheaper.

Still, cool to see a mod like this in action! It's a shame the Vita didn't ship with video out as standard, like the later PSP models. I suppose they kept it out to they could push their streaming services on PS4, bleh.
GrimFandango
Banned

Post by GrimFandango »

This is really awesome but the PS Vita one is...$454.30? that's freaking ridiculous. :x

Not sure if i am seeing that correctly.
dockotis

Post by dockotis »

GrimFandango wrote:This is really awesome but the PS Vita one is...$454.30? that's freaking ridiculous. :x

Not sure if i am seeing that correctly.
You are seeing that right. I did the same currency conversion and it came up to the same price... I like the idea, but not when I am paying twice as much for a system I already have... I think I can go without video out for that price... I'd rather buy a Sony proprietary cable for that accessory port to display out, or just get a new PSVita (as long as I can still use my emulators on it)... If not, I'll *WILL* find a cheaper alternative... It's not something I can't live without, like food... I am still impressed though, and I do agree with this being the stepping stone to some awesome mods...

What all these companies should know:

Extra Functionality + Ease of Implementation = Awesome Mods

Hardware Alteration + Awesome Mods = Awesome Hard-Mods

Awesome Hard-Mods + Decent Prices = Profit
Nothing feels better then a long PT run in x-smalll silkies! Let the wind blow!

Return to “General”