Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PsVita Hacking FAQ

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
outoforrder

Re: PsVita Hacking FAQ

Post by outoforrder »

J3LACK.EAGLE wrote:
outoforrder wrote:nice helpful thread im kinda glad i read this before asking stupid questions

When will the PsVita be hacked?
Well technically it has already been natively hacked by a dev already but he say its too time consuming so he's not releasing it yet until he knows Sony can't patch it

i like this info it brings hope for psvita owners
i hope there will be a release of this native cfw it will open many possibilities for the psvita
whenever the dev release it, there wont b a chance of piracy
im not looking for piracy i can afford to buy my games but i will look forward to the psvita being open to see the full potential of the psvita
playstation are really not developing games or much else to use the full capabilities of the ps vita and if was open for more dedicated ppl im sure it will prove to be one of the best handhelds ever
Advertising
noctemowl

Post by noctemowl »

Awesome thread - great collection of many answers to questions I had. Thanks! :)
Advertising
-noctem0wl
PSVita 2.06
PSN ID: lightningmanic
Pharcyde

Post by Pharcyde »

Thanks for all the info! Good job guys!! :mrgreen:
BLACK PS VITA 3.01
BLACK PSP 3000 CFW 6.60
IPHONE 5 32 GB IOS 7.1 BETA JAILBROKEN
terriblygrey

Post by terriblygrey »

outoforrder wrote:
J3LACK.EAGLE wrote:
outoforrder wrote:nice helpful thread im kinda glad i read this before asking stupid questions

Well technically it has already been natively hacked by a dev already but he say its too time consuming so he's not releasing it yet until he knows Sony can't patch it

i hope there will be a release of this native cfw it will open many possibilities for the psvita
im not looking for piracy i can afford to buy my games but i will look forward to the psvita being open to see the full potential of the psvita
playstation are really not developing games or much else to use the full capabilities of the ps vita and if was open for more dedicated ppl im sure it will prove to be one of the best handhelds ever

Alright I have something to say about this statement. "the psvita being open to see the full potential of the psvita
playstation are really not developing games or much else to use the full capabilities of the ps vita and if was open for more dedicated ppl im sure it will prove to be one of the best handhelds ever"
In my opinion I believe that the people that are making games and developing for the Vita right now are among the most "dedicated" you will find in the Vita scene. I think that the ones that have the ability or are making games right now are able to get full Vita sdk's rather than just the psm sdk. I will say that anyone that has a native kernal hack/exploit for the vita itself is either a current developer or could possibly easily be one if he was to try. The person holding this title is very wise in not releasing it because of how the PSP was handled when it was open. Granted it allowed the PSP to be a million times more enjoyable and entertaining than it was standard, but there was really nothing new "created" in this move. The thing that made the psp so fun was not amazing new programs, but rather the portability of the emulators we all love. In this time we didn't have androids or smartphones to carry around so it was a pretty exciting thing to take all the old pc emulators on the go. Another thing that made the psp so fun was the ability to play pirated/backed-up ps1 and psp games. If this were to happen so early in the vita's life i think it would greatly dampen unique feature rich games. Although i do have to say that "metal gear blob" was my favorite game to play on psp and that was a homebrew. I think these emulator and homebrew hacks are very morally correct for the vita at the moment, but we have to admit the best games are going to come from the first party developers. If you want to see amazing "created" on the ps vita, that person will easily be able to obtain an official dev kit. On that note, I love where this scene is headed now. Just make sure to understand what full kernel access will REALLY do for us
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

terriblygrey wrote:The thing that made the psp so fun was not amazing new programs, but rather the portability of the emulators we all love.
I do not agree with this. There were a few apps that I used daily on the psp. PSPirc, PSPdisp, WifiController, Timebaby, PSPssh, Cave Story, IRShell (on psp 1000 this program can become a universal remote control.)

There are apps that made use of the IR port on the psp that Sony never even touched. For instance in the program Time Baby, you can point any IR remote at the psp and press any remote button and the program will detect the signal and speak the time out loud. This is a handy clock for blind people, you just hit a button and it tells the time out loud. This is a very innovative app.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
St33lDr4g0n

Post by St33lDr4g0n »

b2p1mp wrote: There are apps that made use of the IR port on the psp that Sony never even touched. For instance in the program Time Baby, you can point any IR remote at the psp and press any remote button and the program will detect the signal and speak the time out loud. This is a handy clock for blind people, you just hit a button and it tells the time out loud. This is a very innovative app.
Actually, it's one of the many innovative apps made by homebrew devs :D
-PSP 3000 (03g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PSP go (05g): 6.61 PRO-C2
-PCH [PS VITA] 1001: OFW 3.XX

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
J3LACK.EAGLE

Post by J3LACK.EAGLE »

outoforrder wrote:
J3LACK.EAGLE wrote:

They most likely will never open the vita up but they will show its full potential..read wololo's(or whoever wrote it) article on the psvitas native hack to get inside the kernel of the vita. theres no way we will be able to get inside unless there a mistake with sony, i believe theres a way to get inside easily but we just dont kniw it. like when we had the button combo to show the firmware's info
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

Ive updated my table that youre using. Here is a better one>
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
EDIT: I might have to resize it or you can put a spoiler..either way ;)
J3LACK.EAGLE

Post by J3LACK.EAGLE »

Jd8531 wrote:Ive updated my table that youre using. Here is a better one>
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
EDIT: I might have to resize it or you can put a spoiler..either way ;)
Will update thanks :p
dyzy7

Post by dyzy7 »

would be nice to see a ps vita emulator for android (even an older version) or even an emulator windows or linux would be great
after a full hack :D
whit 1 ghz quad core , 512 RAM and 128 VRAM windows xp or android would be a piece of cake :lol:
PS VITA 100%

Return to “General”