Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PsVita Hacking FAQ

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Kankertje

Re: PsVita Hacking FAQ

Post by Kankertje »

5ly wrote:Hello

Just check my kid psvita > Any interest to remain in firmware 1.81 Today ?

(no access to PSN without upgrade to 2.12 and no exploit available without matching PKG installed when the official firmware was 1.81... correct?)

So today the best is to upgrade to 2.12 and install all available PSN stuff and wait for godd news ?

Bye
If you have ps3 then you can update to 2.02 and use kernel exploit.
Advertising
chrisw491

Post by chrisw491 »

okay im a total noob. but im not a **** noob. i have ordered a psvita and will be recieving it next week on july 15. i have searched for hours to try to figure out how the whole hacking scenario works on ps vita. i have yet to find a comprehensive explanation for noobs explaining vbhl, exploits, custom firmware, etc. If a comprehensive explanation/guide/tutorial is available please link me to it. Only reason i really want to hack the vita is to play a psp game thats not available as a download. To my understanding, (from what i have compiled from different sources,) i need to install vbhl on the vita, then find a game with a kernel exploit that will allow me to put emulators on the vita. please correct me if im wrong.

i have a few questions:

1) when my new vita arrives will it have an early software, such as 1.69, or will it go straight to 2.12.

2) if the vita does have an early software will i be able to download and use one of the game exploit listed in the chart to put psp games on my vita? I was under the impression that sony patched the games once the exploits went public, but according to the chart they are still usable as long as you are on the right firmware?

3) i read that a ps3 is required to this, (if you are on 2.02 or below). I dont have one, but would i be able to update to 2.02 and use my cousins ps3 to do it?

4) should i just update to 2.12 and wait for the newest exploit when i receive my ps vita next week?

any other type of help or advice you have for this soon to be ps vita user is well appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Advertising
abdou005

Post by abdou005 »

Hi friend :D !
I will try to answer your questions :D !
chrisw491 wrote:1) when my new vita arrives will it have an early software, such as 1.69, or will it go straight to 2.12
new vita's are always in firmware in 1,69 (but, if you buy an used vita, i' don't know)
chrisw491 wrote:2) if the vita does have an early software will i be able to download and use one of the game exploit listed in the chart to put psp games on my vita?
I didn't understand well, but if you update your vita to 2,02 using a ps3. and Open Cma for your vita then can buy "Uno" in the Ps3 store and transfer it to your vita
chrisw491 wrote:3) i read that a ps3 is required to this, (if you are on 2.02 or below). I dont have one, but would i be able to update to 2.02 and use my cousins ps3 to do it?
YEs for sure, juste you have to use the same psn account i think in ps vita and ps3 (don't have PS3 but i'm sure that's the case)
chrisw491 wrote:4) should i just update to 2.12 and wait for the newest exploit when i receive my ps vita next week?
I prefere that you don't update to 2,12 firmware, Vhbl is not like Ecfw Uno exploit,
Vhbl ___>> runs emulators, homebrews with less compatibilities
Ecfw____>> runs Iso/Cso backups, hombrews and emulators, It's like a PSP inside VITA

Hope i did help you, and please tolerate my english :D :D :D
IMPORTANT! English Speakers follow Koala "ps vita hacker progress" here --> https://www.facebook.com/koalavita
Koala PS Vita 3,01 HAck Video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ahks9N6lg
Ps Vita 1,81 --> Urbanix EU Exploit TN-V8
chrisw491

Post by chrisw491 »

abdou005 wrote:Hi friend :D !
I will try to answer your questions :D !
chrisw491 wrote:1) when my new vita arrives will it have an early software, such as 1.69, or will it go straight to 2.12
new vita's are always in firmware in 1,69 (but, if you buy an used vita, i' don't know)
chrisw491 wrote:2) if the vita does have an early software will i be able to download and use one of the game exploit listed in the chart to put psp games on my vita?
I didn't understand well, but if you update your vita to 2,02 using a ps3. and Open Cma for your vita then can buy "Uno" in the Ps3 store and transfer it to your vita
chrisw491 wrote:3) i read that a ps3 is required to this, (if you are on 2.02 or below). I dont have one, but would i be able to update to 2.02 and use my cousins ps3 to do it?
YEs for sure, juste you have to use the same psn account i think in ps vita and ps3 (don't have PS3 but i'm sure that's the case)
chrisw491 wrote:4) should i just update to 2.12 and wait for the newest exploit when i receive my ps vita next week?
I prefere that you don't update to 2,12 firmware, Vhbl is not like Ecfw Uno exploit,
Vhbl ___>> runs emulators, homebrews with less compatibilities
Ecfw____>> runs Iso/Cso backups, hombrews and emulators, It's like a PSP inside VITA

Hope i did help you, and please tolerate my english :D :D :D

Dude you are absolutely awesome! thank you so much! I was nervous that a jerk would reply to me. I have a better understanding now. So i essentially get my ps vita, put it in Airplane mode, manually update to 2.02. buy uno. use the exploit to get ecfw on my device.

1 more question:
when downloading and putting the ecfw on the vita,(which i assume would be CEF 6.60,) do i download the latest one which is CEF 6.60 TN-V v3? is that one compatible with UNO? I watched some tutorial videos but the links leading to the download appear to be old and direct me to CEF 6.60 TN-C. can i just use TN-V v3 (which appears to be the latest version) and follow the same instructions as i would if i were using TN-C?
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

chrisw491 wrote: 1 more question:
when downloading and putting the ecfw on the vita,(which i assume would be CEF 6.60,) do i download the latest one which is CEF 6.60 TN-V v3? is that one compatible with UNO? I watched some tutorial videos but the links leading to the download appear to be old and direct me to CEF 6.60 TN-C. can i just use TN-V v3 (which appears to be the latest version) and follow the same instructions as i would if i were using TN-C?
There are different versions you can use. TN-C, TN-V and ARK.
Explanations and guides and just about everything you could possibly need to get started can be found in my guide here
http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-v ... r-dummies/
chrisw491

Post by chrisw491 »

Jd8531 wrote:
chrisw491 wrote: 1 more question:
There are different versions you can use. TN-C, TN-V and ARK.
Explanations and guides and just about everything you could possibly need to get started can be found in my guide here
http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-v ... r-dummies/
Thank you! I really appreciate the help :D
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

v3 is broken(TN said so himself) so use v2 instead
iirc you need to run v1 first then use a updater to get to v2
abdou005 wrote:new vita's are always in firmware in 1,69
what? you do realize that firmware was released months after the system was released right?
(heck mine had 1.06)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

fate6 wrote:v3 is broken(TN said so himself) so use v2 instead
Correct and correct. Just get TN-V1 for now, if you want you can grab V2. @Chris just a tip: All future updates are done either manually or via OTA in wifi update in the XMB. Just so you know. If you need more help with all this feel free to PM me.
fate6 wrote:what? you do realize that firmware was released months after the system was released right?
(heck mine had 1.06)
Depends on the manufacturing date of the Vita you are buying (if new). If used it can vary by store and the previous owner. However if it ends up being on a higher firmware you could always return it (depending on the stores terms).
chrisw491

Post by chrisw491 »

fate6 wrote:v3 is broken(TN said so himself) so use v2 instead
what? you do realize that firmware was released months after the system was released right?
(heck mine had 1.06)
Ok thanx. so on the TN download website the downloads i see are: V,(which i assume to be V1) and V-fix. should i use V-fix?
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

chrisw491 wrote: Ok thanx. so on the TN download website the downloads i see are: V,(which i assume to be V1) and V-fix. should i use V-fix?
Yes. Please get that one instead.

Return to “General”