Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Sony is finally desperate about the PS Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
man_of_power05

Re: Sony is finally desperate about the PS Vita

Post by man_of_power05 »

hm that's odd because i used the number on the bottom of the vita and it worked for me. but remember everyone, there's two numbers on the bottom of the vita: the model number and serial number. use the serial number
Advertising
trillerkiller

Post by trillerkiller »

man_of_power05 wrote:hm that's odd because i used the number on the bottom of the vita and it worked for me. but remember everyone, there's two numbers on the bottom of the vita: the model number and serial number. use the serial number
yeah my model number sticker wore off so I am not sure what it is
Advertising
avluis

Post by avluis »

trillerkiller wrote:Thank you for accepting Luis Alvarado's referral!, couldn't get my serial # to work at first, tried the one on the bottom of my PS Vita, that failed so I looked at my PS Vita box, noticed a thing that said Serial # for Registration, it had the same numbers in it but one more number at the end, so I tried the serial on the bottom of the PS Vita with the extra number from the box and it worked I think
Oh! Nice, this could be it. Let me check my box and see if I have that additional number at the end of my serial.
--
And I referred my own PS Vita under my second PSN account. How is that!
So in my case, the additional number, which was the same number as the one on the PS Vita, did the trick.

So if you guys can confirm, the Serial Number format is as follows;
where X is A-Z and O is 0-9 and I is the additional number on the box.
XX00000000I
total of 11 characters.

For the ones that the serial worked right from the PS Vita, did you have that additional number already printed on there?
Maybe some units had that digit dropped off at the end.
Last edited by avluis on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

well i found this

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/10 ... uy-a-vita/

oh sony can you do anything right? lol
avluis

Post by avluis »

man_of_power05 wrote:well i found this

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/10 ... uy-a-vita/

oh sony can you do anything right? lol
Yea, at least one person that posted here had that issue.
dang you Sony!
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

and about the code thing, them taking forever isn't suprising. they don't seem to give much effort when dealing with free stuff.

psn getting hacked because of terrible security is a prime example. guess they were like "its free so no one is gonna wanna hack it"
they ran (or maybe still are running) a promotion where people can get free 30 day trials of ps plus (in europe only). they send the codes out via email. took forever in most cases and for one of the emails i used, they didn't send it at all
paste more examples here

not even trying on anything they offer for free might be a reason they're not doing so hot
avluis

Post by avluis »

man_of_power05 wrote:and about the code thing, them taking forever isn't suprising. they don't seem to give much effort when dealing with free stuff.

psn getting hacked because of terrible security is a prime example. guess they were like "its free so no one is gonna wanna hack it"
they ran (or maybe still are running) a promotion where people can get free 30 day trials of ps plus (in europe only). they send the codes out via email. took forever in most cases and for one of the emails i used, they didn't send it at all
paste more examples here

not even trying on anything they offer for free might be a reason they're not doing so hot
That's been their attitude so far towards anything that doesn't offer them an immediate share of those profits.
Sure, hopefully they get some sales out of this, but the way they are going about it has not helped.
It's pretty simple, if you want something done right, do it yourselves!
Sony does not seem to get that and instead handed off this promotion to whoever offered the cheapest bid.
Same goes for their utter ignorance of what makes PS+ any good and the slim chance that they could get the PS Vita to shine, IF YOU PROMOTE IT AND LOWER THEM PS VITA MEMORY CARD PRIZES!!

And you Capcom!!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/ ... -features/
Gamers have brains too, stop lying to our faces.

And let me add one more to the flames:
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/
Sony's own platform for suggestions has not been updated since October 15 2012.
They also choose to ignore all mentions of it on their blog...
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

avluis wrote:
That's been their attitude so far towards anything that doesn't offer them an immediate share of those profits.
Sure, hopefully they get some sales out of this, but the way they are going about it has not helped.
It's pretty simple, if you want something done right, do it yourselves!
Sony does not seem to get that and instead handed off this promotion to whoever offered the cheapest bid.
Same goes for their utter ignorance of what makes PS+ any good and the slim chance that they could get the PS Vita to shine, IF YOU PROMOTE IT AND LOWER THEM PS VITA MEMORY CARD PRIZES!!

And you Capcom!!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/ ... -features/
Gamers have brains too, stop lying to our faces.

And let me add one more to the flames:
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/
Sony's own platform for suggestions has not been updated since October 15 2012.
They also choose to ignore all mentions of it on their blog...
oh that's another reason. they've been making a lot of mistakes with vita and ps3. its actually amazing they're still in business as they just got lucky with ps1 and ps2 followed that luck. finally with ps3 and vita that luck is starting to run out.

and about capcom, what's the lie here? i know about the other lies about on disc dlc and stuff but what's the lie with this specifically?

and yea they don't care about fan ideas. i'd be suprised if any of those were ever read.

and lol about ps plus. ps plus is actually good in europe. constant great free games (including batman arkham city a little bit ago and mortal kombat ps3 and vita a little while ago, mortal kombat ps3 is still there) and constant great deals on lots of full games (including ps all stars ps3 in their january sale). too bad they screw people on the conversion rates but everyone does that.
avluis

Post by avluis »

man_of_power05 wrote: oh that's another reason. they've been making a lot of mistakes with vita and ps3. its actually amazing they're still in business as they just got lucky with ps1 and ps2 followed that luck. finally with ps3 and vita that luck is starting to run out.

and about capcom, what's the lie here? i know about the other lies about on disc dlc and stuff but what's the lie with this specifically?

and yea they don't care about fan ideas. i'd be suprised if any of those were ever read.

and lol about ps plus. ps plus is actually good in europe. constant great free games (including batman arkham city a little bit ago and mortal kombat ps3 and vita a little while ago, mortal kombat ps3 is still there) and constant great deals on lots of full games (including ps all stars ps3 in their january sale). too bad they screw people on the conversion rates but everyone does that.
When the rep was asked why Capcom had brought RE:R to all consoles but PSVita, the excuse that came out of their mouths was more ignorant than the DLC that they have been bundling for you to buy once you get their games.
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

avluis wrote:
man_of_power05 wrote: oh that's another reason. they've been making a lot of mistakes with vita and ps3. its actually amazing they're still in business as they just got lucky with ps1 and ps2 followed that luck. finally with ps3 and vita that luck is starting to run out.

When the rep was asked why Capcom had brought RE:R to all consoles but PSVita, the excuse that came out of their mouths was more ignorant than the DLC that they have been bundling for you to buy once you get their games.
oh. i don't pay much attention to comments but i just assumed that they made a portable version already and they don't wanna just port it to another portable but whatever. they might do it in the future anyways.

Return to “General”