Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
#211948 by hgoel0974
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:25 pm
This is the PSVita Wifi troubleshooting thread.

The PSVita is quite useless without a proper Wireless connection. I have experienced MANY problems trying to setup my router to work correctly and I felt the need for this thread.

I will also be posting solutions to problems that I come across.
Advertising
#212334 by z_Insanekiller
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm
Hi am new on this site and I want to ask you a question I have a Belkin n300 router with Network Authentication : WPA2+PSK and I want to changed to WEP can you help me please. srry for my english.
Advertising
#212348 by hgoel0974
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 pm
Hi z_Insanekiller!

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't really recommend switching to WEP because it can be cracked by just gathering enough packets of data. WPA2+PSK is the safest way to secure a network but if you want still want to change it then goto 192.168.2.1 which should be your routers local IP if not, then check its manual for information about that.

It will prompt you to login, use the following if you haven't changed the password:

Username : admin
Password : MiniAP

then click on Security in the Wireless section of the task pane on the left
then in security mode, choose 64 bit WEP
Enter a password and save
it should work

Good Luck! and let me know if it worked ;)
#334248 by darkdhanil
Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:23 am
Hello i am new to the forum and i have the PS Vita Slim. My router is Arris TG862A and i cant play games online because is always disconnecting me all the time. I just buy Toukiden and is always disconnecting me after or before joining a group, but the weird thing is that wile browsing internet or the PSN it does not disconnect i even can download games and does not disconnects at all. The other game i have problem is Soul Sacrifice.
#334479 by hgoel0974
Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 am
darkdhanil wrote:Hello i am new to the forum and i have the PS Vita Slim. My router is Arris TG862A and i cant play games online because is always disconnecting me all the time. I just buy Toukiden and is always disconnecting me after or before joining a group, but the weird thing is that wile browsing internet or the PSN it does not disconnect i even can download games and does not disconnects at all. The other game i have problem is Soul Sacrifice.

I JUST fixed this issue with my setup, mysteriously, the encryption was WPA2-PSK AES which is known to have issues with the Vita, I recommend changing the encryption to AES + TKIP, the thing with AES on the Vita seems to be that it seems to work fine for things like downloads but doesn't work too well with multiplayer and web browsing.
#334512 by Taronish3
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:18 am
hgoel0974 wrote:
darkdhanil wrote:Hello i am new to the forum and i have the PS Vita Slim. My router is Arris TG862A and i cant play games online because is always disconnecting me all the time. I just buy Toukiden and is always disconnecting me after or before joining a group, but the weird thing is that wile browsing internet or the PSN it does not disconnect i even can download games and does not disconnects at all. The other game i have problem is Soul Sacrifice.

I JUST fixed this issue with my setup, mysteriously, the encryption was WPA2-PSK AES which is known to have issues with the Vita, I recommend changing the encryption to AES + TKIP, the thing with AES on the Vita seems to be that it seems to work fine for things like downloads but doesn't work too well with multiplayer and web browsing.

will check so , thanks bro