Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Install games from different account?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ikithme

Re: Install games from different account?

Post by ikithme »

FoxhoundTSX wrote:Thank you sir, you answered my question :P
Your question was answered on page one.
Xian Nox wrote:
ikithme wrote:This is considered piracy.

When buying a game on PSN what you are buying is licensed only to the account that it was purchased on.

Piracy is not tolerated on this forum.
Transferring games between accounts isn't allowed by Sony, even though it is legal in the EU. In any case, there isn't a way to do it.
mishima2323 wrote:if u say like that, look like those who backup their psp umd & ps3 game will be also considered piracy..lol who's stupid to buy the same game twice..no offence & no harm here.. ;)
No, that's for backup purposes.
In fact it was said 3 times on page one
and 4 times on page two.
Advertising
I'm in your forum, crushing your dreams.

Can someone please explain why you are reading this.
stoneskull

Post by stoneskull »

ikithme wrote:
stoneskull wrote:can you have two accounts if you use two different memory cards?

is it a matter of deactivating the device and then reactivating when switching memory cards?
Yes you can do that. But I believe you pull memory card deactivate, activate other account and then put in new accounts memory card and do the same to swap between them.
well, this is probably the closest thing to a solution

have one memory card for your son's account and one for yours..

a bit of inconvenience when swapping.. maybe 5 minutes of your time..
but it does mean it is possible to use two accounts on the one device
Advertising
PSP 2000v1 6.60ME + PRO
Vita 1000WiFi 3.60 + HENkaku
FoxhoundTSX

Post by FoxhoundTSX »

stoneskull wrote:
ikithme wrote:
stoneskull wrote:can you have two accounts if you use two different memory cards?

is it a matter of deactivating the device and then reactivating when switching memory cards?
Yes you can do that. But I believe you pull memory card deactivate, activate other account and then put in new accounts memory card and do the same to swap between them.
well, this is probably the closest thing to a solution

have one memory card for your son's account and one for yours..

a bit of inconvenience when swapping.. maybe 5 minutes of your time..
but it does mean it is possible to use two accounts on the one device
Thanks stoneskull, ill give that a try.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

When buying a game on PSN what you are buying is licensed only to the account that it was purchased on.

No, in my book this is considered as fair use. Edit: sorry, I see where you are coming from, and yes, trying to get account1 to play games from account2 would be piracy

But if any mod blocks a thread from somebody who is *honestly* asking for ways to play the content they *paid for* just because they have several accounts, then PM me and I'll have a chat with the mod. I'm also pretty sure the mods are with me on this, so I'm not sure where your post is coming from
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

wololo wrote:

No, in my book this is considered as fair use. Edit: sorry, I see where you are coming from, and yes, trying to get account1 to play games from account2 would be piracy

But if any mod blocks a thread from somebody who is *honestly* asking for ways to play the content they *paid for* just because they have several accounts, then PM me and I'll have a chat with the mod. I'm also pretty sure the mods are with me on this, so I'm not sure where your post is coming from
The one thing I hate , is that Sony doesn't let you merge accounts. I'm scr..ed out of my sub account till I break down and buy another overpriced memory card. Sony could alleviate a lot of trouble for their customers by allowing such a option, I too believe if one is talking about their own accounts...it's definitely not piracy, just stupid rules.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Most companies do that with digital content and I agree it's a pain. What *** me off the most is how painful Sony made it to switch accounts on the Vita, even going as far as making sure one card can not contain the games from 2 accounts. That, and their limit to 2 devices per account (which is crazy. I have 6 Sony consoles as of today, and I don't think I'm an exception)

thebudds

Post by thebudds »

wololo wrote:Most companies do that with digital content and I agree it's a pain. What *** me off the most is how painful Sony made it to switch accounts on the Vita, even going as far as making sure one card can not contain the games from 2 accounts. That, and their limit to 2 devices per account (which is crazy. I have 6 Sony consoles as of today, and I don't think I'm an exception)
(raises hand) I'm also one of those, don't have six console though :P I think something to note is the ps3 and how it's still allowed to use multiple accounts and which I can enjoy all the ps1 games I bought on my first account that is a sub. Yet with their brand new shiny system, I'm scr..ed out of doing that and waiting on a price drop. I feel bad for the TC, I'm in the same exact boat.

I'm gonna try something crazy tomorrow, I'm calling Sony tomorrow to find out what I can about this.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

thebudds wrote: I'm gonna try something crazy tomorrow, I'm calling Sony tomorrow to find out what I can about this.
People working for their customer service are really nice but majorly useless. You'll find yourself in a situation where you know much more than they do on their own consoles and limitations. But please do call them and confirm that to me, I'd love to collect some gems from the Sony customer service. I've called them 3 times this year and every single time was appalled at how little they knew about their own products. Terrible, terrible experience, every single time.

thebudds

Post by thebudds »

I've dealt with them before, I agree I've never had a problem with them. I'm expecting it not to go so well, I'm just gonna see what I can learn about the situation.

If anything, I do my nice bugging on twitter 8-)
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

wololo wrote:
thebudds wrote: I'm gonna try something crazy tomorrow, I'm calling Sony tomorrow to find out what I can about this.
People working for their customer service are really nice but majorly useless. You'll find yourself in a situation where you know much more than they do on their own consoles and limitations. But please do call them and confirm that to me, I'd love to collect some gems from the Sony customer service. I've called them 3 times this year and every single time was appalled at how little they knew about their own products. Terrible, terrible experience, every single time.
funny how Sony tried to troubleshoot with me on my PS3, i had YLOD, and the representative took a really long time trying to figure out my issue, eventually the lady had to forward my call to another rep who eventually told me to send it in after like an hour of blah blah blah :lol:
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

Return to “General”