Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita auto update?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
soad26

Vita auto update?

Post by soad26 »

I have a question. Does the system update itself automatically when it is connected to the internet? My vita's wifi is always turned on. Im worried to lose my expliot if an update comes in. If the answer is yes, can i turn it off?
Advertising
wolframio

Re: Vita auto update?

Post by wolframio »

NO
Advertising
JonathanH

Post by JonathanH »

there would be a confirmation screen, the US has laws for user rights.
caiosc

Post by caiosc »

JonathanH wrote:there would be a confirmation screen, the US has laws for user rights.
Thanks God...

I mean, thanks Law ;)
PS Vita 3.01 WiFi with eCFW TN-V4 6.60 101-Megamix
sl39426171

Post by sl39426171 »

of course not ;)
RPT111

Post by RPT111 »

:sigh: this has been asked many times.
renotseng

Post by renotseng »

soad26 wrote:I have a question. Does the system update itself automatically when it is connected to the internet? My vita's wifi is always turned on. Im worried to lose my expliot if an update comes in. If the answer is yes, can i turn it off?
so.... and it will be answered many times as there will always be poeple who don't know. just because you asked the question or you witnessed the question being asked before doesn't mean it can or should never be asked again.
ikithme

Post by ikithme »

Just like Verizon I'm sure Sony has a clause like this:

(Quoted from Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement, this is just an example of what Sony could have in place):
My Wireless Device
Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. By activating Service that uses a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card, you agree we own the intellectual property and software in the SIM card, that we may change the software or other data in the SIM card remotely and without notice, and we may utilize any capacity in the SIM card for administrative, network, business and/or commercial purposes. If you bought a wireless device for Postpay Service from Verizon Wireless that doesn't use a SIM card, and you want to reprogram it for use with another wireless network, the default programming code is set to "000000" or "123456." But please note that your wireless device may not work with another wireless network, or the other wireless carrier may not accept your wireless device on its network. If you activate a wireless device for Prepaid Service, during the first six (6) months after activation, it can only be used for Prepaid Service. The iPhone 4 is configured to work only with the wireless services of Verizon Wireless and may not work on another carrier's network, even after completion of your contract term.
I'm in your forum, crushing your dreams.

Can someone please explain why you are reading this.
james194zt

Post by james194zt »

Doesn't Sony's terms and conditions read as follows:
We have the right to do anything we please with the device that you are currently borrowing from us, we know you think you own it because you purchased it but that is wrong as this is just a long term lease as you can do jack **** with the device for the length of its life except what we Sony deem fit.

If you attempt to use it in the way you want to because you think you paid for it we will sue you and we have the right to upgrade, patch and generally do whatever we want with the device that you are leasing because we do not believe in customer rights. If we decide to install a root kit, remove features the console was sold with for lulz, or accidentally give away all of your personal details and credit card details because our software and security guys couldn't organize a *** up in a brewery ,that is at our discretion and by looking in the vicinity of your device you have accepted this agreement.
Basically I hate Sony customer service with passion, but love the kit they make. My PS V is now perfect with cEFW, but they really need to learn to respect there customers before they have none left as the customer service they offer sucks!
PS Vita 3.60 with Taihen
PSP 1001 - 6.60 Pro CFW - died may it RIP
PS3 Slim CECH2001 - Rebug 4.81 and E3 flasher installed
Xbox 360 Trinity Slim - Xecuter Coolrunner 2 + Matrix Trident tri nand
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

I would be somewhat cautious, CMA can autoupdate itself when connected to the internet also sony can see what your transferring, unless you have OpenCMA, but i dont think sony can force you to autoupdate your vita FW...
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

Return to “General”