Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can't use 3G functions after 1.80 fw update

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Can't use 3G functions after 1.80 fw update

Post by fate6 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:24 pm

if that is the only reason you bought the Vita then you really should have just gotten a PSP
just send it back and buy the exploitable game with a PS3 if you have one
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 am

^ There's other reasons why I bought the Vita over a PSP mate...

But yeah, bit of a bummer... I sent sony support australia an email yesterday and they swiftly replied, which I was quite impressed with... They said that my issue definitely lies within the firmware and that i should restore the system... My problem is pretty much comfirmed because after the 2nd restore i had 3G functions again, but they soon disappeared...

Next course of action, they advised me to ring them up now and see what they can do... I have the VHBL game copied over and a full back up of my system safely stored on my PS3... So yeah, well see what happens... Soo close to having VHBL now i might just run some homebrews on it and put up with it as my bluetooth and WiFi works no worries...
Advertising
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 am

hmm yea I have never used the 3G on my Vita even once but it is a feature you paid extra for so you are very much entitled to it
but in the end it is your choice

personally I would get it fixed as quickly as possible so there is no new update for them to install :3
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 am

^ You make a very good point there fate6...

You can understand the stalemate i'm faced with... Have one error annoy me when my vita boots up, but have homebrew and emulators in my pocket, or send it away for an unknown amount of time with the possibility of it being returned patched for 1.80 VHBL...

With the big game announcement being made today, and the files being released very soon, sony will be hot on the tail of preventing thousands of people from running a harmless SNES emulator on their Vitas... FW 1.80.1 is not far away im guessing... Big game of chess, Wololo and his team of devs are playing with sony...

metalliphyll

Post by metalliphyll » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:43 pm

I had this problem aslo i went into safe mode and chose rebuild database after that everything was fine

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 am

^ Oh true? Thats good it worked for you mate... I've tried rebuilding database, which did nothing. And i've restored the entire system many times, one time which i temporarily gain my 3G functions only to have the error come back again. Subseqent system restores fail to give me 3G functionality again :(

thevoiceover

Post by thevoiceover » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 am

VitaGenic wrote:^ Oh true? Thats good it worked for you mate... I've tried rebuilding database, which did nothing. And i've restored the entire system many times, one time which i temporarily gain my 3G functions only to have the error come back again. Subseqent system restores fail to give me 3G functionality again :(
so where do you stand? Anxious to hear..

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 am

Well, just an update guys... The problems just keep rolling in with my Vita :(

Something thats not really a problem, its more of an oddity and proves that my Vita is fried... When i plug it into a PC or PS3, the battery logo does not start displaying the lightning bolts to show that its charging... I initially thought that USB charging was stuffed, but the battery meter started rising... WTF is going on with my Vita!!!

And whats worse is its randomly dropping its WiFi connections now, tonight i attempted to copy MHFU back from my PS3 to give VHBL a go and it would not sustain a WiFi connection long enough to copy the 817 megs, which locked up my PS3 and forced me to pull out the power cord, restart then subsequently scan and rebuild its database!!!

Ive been on the phone to Sony Australia the last few days... The bloke i was talking too said the errors (in my first post) are the first Sony Australia and New Zealand have EVER heard of... So yeah, pretty much out of thousands and thousands of PS Vitas, yep i have the only one that is not compatible with 1.80...

They said the errors were so bad that i'm getting a replacement straight up. No trouble shooting at all, the guy on the phone said "yeah pretty much your vita is a throw-away" so yeah it must be pretty bad!!!

Anyone ever had their vita replaced by Sony? And how did they replace it? And how long did it take???

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 am

wow you must be the most unlucky Vita owner I know of :lol:
good luck BTW :3

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am

^ yeah dude, the probability of it is unbelievable... As of febuary 12th this year, apparently 31,000 Vitas were sold in Australia... Say another couple of thousand sold from then to now. That is just incredible odds... You'd have more chance of getting struck by lighting i reckon!!!

3G models in my country are $419 dollars, i got mine a bit cheaper, threw in a memory card and a game, boom thats half a grand in $$$ and its basically just a paperweight with an OLED screen and barely functional OS... End rant :(

Return to “General”