Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can't use 3G functions after 1.80 fw update

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
VitaGenic

Can't use 3G functions after 1.80 fw update

Post by VitaGenic » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 am

Hi everyone, well as the topic says, my Vita is being a pain right now... Pretty much after updating to firmware 1.80, i can no longer use the 3G features which i paid an extra $40 for in my country over the WiFi only model...

So basically what happens is as soon as i turn my vita on, within about 30 seconds i get this error no matter what app im using with the vita, im guessing its just trying initializing 3G... "A problem occured with a mobile network feature. Contact technical support" and the error code is "C4-3575-0"

So, trying to out smart my vita, i reboot and quickly attempt to access the network settings > mobile network settings, but then i get this error "An error has occured in the following application" and then error code is "C2-12828-1"

After that it gives me the option to report this error to Sony and include a short message along with the error... Which i cant do coz i have no WiFI at the moment!!! Grr its really frustrating, i have attempted to "rebuild the database" from the long press of the power button, but this did not change a thing...

Only thing i can do now is restore the whole system... Can someone explain to me what data i am going to lose if i select this option? I have a very important PSP game (you know what im talking about) that i cant lose. Can i transfer that particular game back to my PS3? Or can i remove my memeory card first, then restore my system?

Any help/ideas would be awesome and really appriciated :) thanks :)

EDIT: spelling and forgot to mention that after i get these errors, the "mobile network settings" menu disappears from the network settings menu....
Advertising
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

Dutt
HBL Tester

Re: Can't use 3G functions after 1.80 fw update

Post by Dutt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Sounds like a very wierd error mate.. have you tried taking the sim out and turning it on to see if it still errors?
Advertising
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku

jd20dog

Post by jd20dog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

sounds like the sim went bad ,mine was bad when i got mine
try contacting your vita's 3g provider for help and possibly a new sim

you can make full backups on the ps3 use system back up
system restore will set the system back to a black slate(no user) with curent fw still installed

but if the issue is fw related it will stay but very unlikely

but before all that try cleaning the contacts on the sim card with 90% rubbing alcohol and a good soft rag or q-tip

good luck
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Dutt wrote:Sounds like a very wierd error mate.. have you tried taking the sim out and turning it on to see if it still errors?
Yeah sure did... Still the same error, i might try taking the sim card out, then booting the vita up without it and see what happens...

jd20dog wrote:you can make full backups on the ps3 use system back up
system restore will set the system back to a black slate(no user) with curent fw still installed
I tried to connect my PS3 to the vita but my ps3 is stuck on fw 3.72 and i have to update apparently :(

Thanks for both of your help guys :)

thevoiceover

Post by thevoiceover » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:25 am

VitaGenic wrote:
Dutt wrote:Sounds like a very wierd error mate.. have you tried taking the sim out and turning it on to see if it still errors?

I am assuming you don't have a different sim card to test (to see if it gives you error) just to make sure its reading from sim port ?? I get NO SIM at the top right when mine is out, do you get this??

I am not sure either on if you can force the flash again, maybe the payload for baseband upgrade didn't get injected correctly and a re-flash will (should) correct it ..

If you are up for losing everything on it, you can wipe it clean and restore it by turning off you Vita ------. press power button for 5-10 seconds, then press and hold "R" plus power, plus PS (PSX button.) then you can restore system.

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:12 am

thevoiceover wrote:I am assuming you don't have a different sim card to test (to see if it gives you error) just to make sure its reading from sim port ?? I get NO SIM at the top right when mine is out, do you get this??

I am not sure either on if you can force the flash again, maybe the payload for baseband upgrade didn't get injected correctly and a re-flash will (should) correct it ..

If you are up for losing everything on it, you can wipe it clean and restore it by turning off you Vita ------. press power button for 5-10 seconds, then press and hold "R" plus power, plus PS (PSX button.) then you can restore system.
Oh yeah by tomorrow i should have another sim card to swap with my current one too see if the issue lies in the sim card... The 3G worked flawlessly whilst i was on the shipment firmware and when i updated to 1.67... I skipped 1.69 and went straight to 1.80... And thats when the problem started... Always getting those same errors as i said in my previous posts...

I attempted again to try and access "network settings" within the setting application and got a "c2-12828-1" error again, then it prompted me to send and error report to sony, which i left as i typed this message, it went into sleep mode with the PS button constantly lit blue and would not awaken again so i had to hold the power button again...

This is really [Image yay] me hey, i paid all this extra money for a 3G vita and its 3G capabilities have just disappeared!!! I really dont wanna return it for repair as i have the new VHBL game installed ready to go and im afraid sony will delete/patch my repaired/replaced vita so i cant have 1.80 vhbl...

If i update my PS3 to 4.21 at is previously asked me when i tried to connect my vita to it, can i "restore" my vita then reload the back up???

Thanks soo much for the help guys :)

EDIT: spelling (stupid iphone)
Last edited by fate6 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: easy with the language >__<

thevoiceover

Post by thevoiceover » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm

VitaGenic wrote: I really dont wanna return it for repair as i have the new VHBL game installed ready to go and im afraid sony will delete/patch my repaired/replaced vita so i cant have 1.80 vhbl...

If i update my PS3 to 4.21 at is previously asked me when i tried to connect my vita to it, can i "restore" my vita then reload the back up???

Thanks soo much for the help guys :)

EDIT: spelling (stupid iphone)
Well for starters, you have i think 3.73 on your PS3, might as well be on 4.21 as not much you can do if you are above 3.55 CEX.. Then download the title that you want for VHBL on the PS3 (while its still avail) and don't install it (just keep the bubble there.) this is another good form of "backup" as you can re-install it from there later, also make sure all is backed up on your PC end and hurry up and try a wipe. You probably found a bug going from older firmware to latest (skipping ones in between) but again I get a repair will fix it. To me, I wouldn't bother updating us on anything until you at least test that.

The quicker that is done, the quicker the VHBL game can be put back on it. If this doesn't fix it, your looking for a new VITA so you may end up missing the release anyway (unless something goes your way..) may have to adhoc things if you are missing router at your home. BTW: I picked up router for $5 here in the states on clearance at a national chain (single band N but hey $5!) and I use it for an intranet in my home amongst items I do not want on the internet. Have you ever considered something like this? Then switch SSID's when you want your devices to talk and not all be on the net.

jd20dog

Post by jd20dog » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I tried to connect my PS3 to the vita but my ps3 is stuck on fw 3.72 and i have to update apparently :(

Thanks for both of your help guys :)[/quote]
you need fw 4.11 or higher for smooth vita
4.00 had odd issues with the vita if im remembering right, like corrupting backups or something, i cant find were i read about it
VitaGenic wrote:This is really [Image yay] me hey, i paid all this extra money for a 3G vita and its 3G capabilities have just disappeared!!! I really dont wanna return it for repair as i have the new VHBL game installed ready to go and im afraid sony will delete/patch my repaired/replaced vita so i cant have 1.80 vhbl...
just download the game to a pc with media go or what ever sony wants to call it or use a ps3 to download it
add your account to a friends ps3, as a new user, if you dont want to update yours
just use your existing psn account when connecting to psn
and eating thrifty maid noodles because of it......seriously!?! off brand noodles.....ouch i got burned by tech support.....ouch........

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Righto guys i managed to update my PS3 slim to 4.21 and copied all of my paid content from my vita and used the "back up" function... Oh the joys of having both a CFW PS3 and an OFW PS3 :)

So once i get home I will try a full restore of my Vita and see if that fixes the problem... If it doesnt i will just have to live without 3G functionality, i'd rather have VHBL to be honest than get my vita repaired/replaced with the possibility of 1.80 exploit patched...

I do have Wi-Fi at home and I've always got my iphone with me which has a better browser than the vita anyways... Thanks a lot again guys...

VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 am

Okay, just an update for all the people following this thread... System restore failed to fix my problems the first time... It ended up freezing in the set up menu while it was attempting to connect to internet to sign me into my playstation network account (the purple screen with earth spinning around)

The second time i restored, i opted to not sign in with my PSN account and everything was sweet, i was getting alerts from the service provider in the top right hand corner and had the 3G logo and my mobile providers name in the top left hand corner... But then i signed into PSN and it all went pear-shaped... Lost "mobile network stettings" in the settings app and the 3G logo disappeared...

I restored my system for the third time and during the initial setup menu, i got the "a problem occured with a mobile network feature" again :(

Looks like i have to bite the bullet and send it back to sony... And possibly miss out on the soul reason i bought a vita in the first place... To run VHBL :(

Return to “General”