Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
User avatar
TelcoLou
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Directly Above Middle Earth

PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by TelcoLou » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 am

Now that I think about it; I'm concerned about how these games would look. I know that they look like mud on my HD TV, FF7 for example.

I'm thinking that the scaling would cause some 'jaggies' to be more apparent, but I'm just speculating here. Any thoughts? Input? Educated guesses?
Advertising
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!

User avatar
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by Acid_Snake » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 am

It simply depends on the emulator. ePSXe looks nice as heck, psp's psx emulator looks nice too, ps2's emulator looks better than original psx but not as good as ePSXe and others, ps3's emulator simply looks crappy. Only time will tell
Advertising

User avatar
Coldbird
Guru
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by Coldbird » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Image
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔

User avatar
iawa2k
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by iawa2k » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Where did you find those? I was looking everywhere to see if I could find pics / videos of Sony demoing some PS1 games on Vita running 1.80 and found zip.
PSP 1000 (JPN day 1 release)
PSVita 3G (Asia day 1 release)
PS3 (JPN day 1 release)
^see my obsession with having stuff first? ;)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Coldbird
Guru
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by Coldbird » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

iawa2k wrote:
Where did you find those? I was looking everywhere to see if I could find pics / videos of Sony demoing some PS1 games on Vita running 1.80 and found zip.
I just took my mobile phone and took pictures of my Vita.
Image
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔

User avatar
iawa2k
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by iawa2k » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Coldbird wrote:
iawa2k wrote:
Where did you find those? I was looking everywhere to see if I could find pics / videos of Sony demoing some PS1 games on Vita running 1.80 and found zip.
I just took my mobile phone and took pictures of my Vita.
?? que ?? Are you running 1.80 with a PS1 game on Vita or via Remote Play as I would suspect the rendering to be different between the 2, although I find the RP feature does make the PS1 games look pretty good on Vita even from remote internet connection.
PSP 1000 (JPN day 1 release)
PSVita 3G (Asia day 1 release)
PS3 (JPN day 1 release)
^see my obsession with having stuff first? ;)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
SeongGino
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Jersey, Jersey; US of A.
Contact:

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by SeongGino » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

If only Sony never made bleem bankrupt in 2001, we would be seeing better ps1 emulation. If you compare the DC to the PS2's backwards compatibility, the DC edges out for its smoothing and anti-aliasing. However, it is what it is, which is why ePSXe will look better than any playstation's hardware backwards compatibility. So dont expect the Ps Vita to look any better. And thank sony 2001 for this.
I'm just your average Seong. Move along, nothing to see here...

User avatar
Aneudi2012
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Planet Vegeta

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by Aneudi2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:49 pm

[spoiler]ImagePSN Gamercards[/spoiler]

User avatar
Coldbird
Guru
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by Coldbird » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm

iawa2k wrote:?? que ?? Are you running 1.80 with a PS1 game on Vita or via Remote Play as I would suspect the rendering to be different between the 2, although I find the RP feature does make the PS1 games look pretty good on Vita even from remote internet connection.
Neither.
You will see how I did it soon enough. :)
Image
PSP N-1000 ✔ / 6.20 PRO NIGHTLY ✔ / PRO ONLINE ✔

User avatar
kitzuki
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 am

Re: PS1 Games on the Vita's Screen. Hmm...

Post by kitzuki » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:17 pm

:shock:
Coldbird wrote:
iawa2k wrote:?? que ?? Are you running 1.80 with a PS1 game on Vita or via Remote Play as I would suspect the rendering to be different between the 2, although I find the RP feature does make the PS1 games look pretty good on Vita even from remote internet connection.
Neither.
You will see how I did it soon enough. :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
lol oh you mean the update
Shining
[spoiler]Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwKh7d6GQY[/spoiler]

Post Reply

Return to “General”