Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Should I uninstall CFW and Update?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
GhostlyDonut5

Should I uninstall CFW and Update?

Post by GhostlyDonut5 »

Backstory:
So I got into the PSP hacking scene, hacked the **** out of my PSP, then thought "If this is possible on a PSP, imagine the possibilities of a VITA!"

So I went all out and bought a 64gb mem card for it along with the Vita itself, hacked it and was... Well I was fairly disappointed. I came in late to the scene, so I JUST missed the capability of downloading Adrenaline and version software spoofing (As of now, I can't connect to the PSN). I then bought Axiom Verge Multiverse edition the other day for the Vita (Specifically to support it and keep it alive) just to find that I couldn't even play it without updating! I then find out that you can use PS4Link over the internet and play your PS4 games basically anywhere with an internet connection (Which alone made me want to update). I then remembered that I could use Moonlight to stream my Steam library and I thought, "Well I'd rather stream my Steam library!" So I tried to do it, just to find out that it doesn't work unless I downgrade to NVidia GeForce Experience 2.whatever (Gonna keep trying).

The only things keeping me from updating are the Emulators (Which I already have for the PSP without the audio problems), AM2R on the Vita (Which breaks at a certain point near the end of the game), the VitaDB Downloader and Theme Downloader (App store-like downloaders for Vita homebrews and themes, which is just amazing!), and last but not least:
The potential for the future of the Vita hacking scene.

Should I wait until all of these problems are fixed? Once the Vita is completely abandoned by Sony and devs in maybe 2-3 years, will it get better? How many of you have updated? (Two Vitas are not an option for me). Maybe I should update and just wait until I can use Henkaku or whatever for any future updates.

TL;DR: Convince me not to update.
Advertising
MyLegGuy

Re: Should I uninstall CFW and Update?

Post by MyLegGuy »

Don't forget overclocking and the ability to install your game cart games to your memory card.
GhostlyDonut5 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am I JUST missed the capability of downloading Adrenaline and version software spoofing
You can still install Adrenaline.
You can check out ReNpDrm and ReStore for online access, but I'm not sure if they work. I wasn't able to get them working.
GhostlyDonut5 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am I then bought Axiom Verge Multiverse edition the other day for the Vita (Specifically to support it and keep it alive) just to find that I couldn't even play it without updating!
Maybe the physical version of the game was produced after the downloadable version was put on the PSN store, causing it to require a higher firmware?
There are dumps of the game on the PS Vita warez sites, so just download a dump from there.
GhostlyDonut5 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am I then find out that you can use PS4Link over the internet and play your PS4 games basically anywhere with an internet connection (Which alone made me want to update).
I don't know about others' experiences, but streaming games from the PS4 has never worked well enough for me, there's always too much lag. Even when I streamed it to my computer there was too much lag, and both the PS4 and my computer had a speedy wired internet connection. I don't think you're missing out on much. Try streaming to your computer and see how it goes.
Advertising
please reply

Return to “Support”