Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with upgrading to Custom Firmware

All topics regarding downgrading with TN Hen
coltranegtr666

Help with upgrading to Custom Firmware

Post by coltranegtr666 »

Hello all,

I got my PSP-1000 unit when it first came out, and got really into custom firmware for emulators and CWCheat and etc. I still have mine, and I believe it's currently on 5.50 GEN-D2. My roommate just found her old PSP, and it too is a PSP-1000 model. However, she barely played it, and it's still firmware is still 2.00! If I remember correctly, it was a lot easier to downgrade from 2.00, in comparison to higher updates in which you had to find exploits in unpatched games, like Lumines and Grand Theft Auto. Upon some research here, it appears that the highest working CFW is 6.60? I would like help in bringing my roommates OFW 2.00 PSP up to the latest custom firmware.

Now before everyone yells at me, I did find the tutorial for it, and have downloaded the correct OFW and CFW to my computer. However, the PSP is not reading the firmware on the XMB screen. I have it put the EBOOT.pbp in PSP/UPDATE, in addition to PSP/GAME and PSP/SYSTEM as well. I can't understand why it won't read it. Perhaps I have to bring it slightly higher? To maybe 3.00 or something? Maybe on 2.00, it wouldn't read eboots off the memory stick's folder.

EDIT: I figured it out! My UPDATE folder had to be under GAME. Sorry about that!

I much appreciate anyone who can provide advice to this thread. Thank you!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Help with upgrading to Custom Firmware

Post by fate6 »

Just update it to 6.61 and run either PRO or ME, we don't need exploits for the PSP anymore.

PRO
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249

ME
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38203
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
coltranegtr666

Post by coltranegtr666 »

Much appreciated! What are the differences between the PRO and the ME? Which do you prefer? Do either have options for permanently installing the firmware, rather than running a quick recovery style option? Thanks in advance! (So cool that we don't need exploits anymore!)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

You guys have 1k systems so just install ME or run PRO then its cIPL patcher.
There is very little difference so just flip a coin and use whichever but I prefer ME, no real reason other then iirc it was the first of the two to get updated for 6.61.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
coltranegtr666

Post by coltranegtr666 »

Thanks so much!
One last question, is there any reason to keep my own PSP on CFW 5.50 GEN-D2? As in, are there any features that used to work on earlier CFW's, that don't work now?

Also, can you direct me a thread or something similar that has all information about any plugins I need to update? Examples: Running PSX Games, running PSP ISO's, running CWCheat, Homebrew, etc.
iirc, a lot of getting that stuff to work was messing with the Recovery menu by holding R upon startup. I just want to figure out what stuff I have to update, or if that stuff even exists anymore. Thanks so much for your help!
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Other then IRShell not working anymore there is no reason to stay on 5.50.

PS1; Get an updated popsloader but nah its all the same as before.

PSP; Same as ever just shove them into the ISO folder plus being on a newer firmware means more games will work without any need for editing.

CWCheat has always worked but I moved on up to TempAR myself since I found it easier to use.

Homebrew remains the same.

So yea other then needing updated version of some stuff its all the same :/
coltranegtr666

Post by coltranegtr666 »

You're the best! Thanks so much!

Return to “Downgrading”