Page 1 of 10

6.61 Chronoswitch Downgrader 6.1

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 pm
by qwikrazor87
This is a mod (hex edited) of the 6.60 Chronoswitch Downgrader by Davee/some1.
I only tested it on a 1k model, I couldn't downgrade to 6.60 from 6.61 (maybe corrupt updater), but I was able to downgrade to 5.00 from 6.61, 6.20+ might work, haven't tested it though.
Downgrader_661.zip

Update:
Issue with 6.61 -> 6.60 should now be fixed, tested and working on a 1k.
Chronoswitch_6.0.zip

Update2:
Now supports PSP 11g (E-1000/Street) from 6.61 -> 6.60, thanks to nzgamer41 for testing.
Chronoswitch_6.1.zip

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:20 pm
by Dessel
Tested on PSP 2000.

6.61 -> 6.60 unsuccessful ("The data is corrupted.")
6.61 -> 6.20 successful

Thank you.

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:26 pm
by bodega
impressive work, only a few days since the 6.61 come out and we already have a cfw and a downgrader!

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:25 pm
by The Z
Is there a reason it is unable to downgrade to 6.60?

And why Hexedit? Davee said it is open source :D

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 pm
by qwikrazor87
The Z wrote:Is there a reason it is unable to downgrade to 6.60?
beats me D:
Edit:
Could just downgrade to 6.20+ then upgrade to 6.60 from there though.
The Z wrote:And why Hexedit? Davee said it is open source :D
because I can :D (tried with the latest source but was failing somewhere after reboot)

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 am
by shadowknight1620
Nice work!

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:30 am
by The Z
Your downgrader does not work with the PSP E1000.

The PSP E1000 has only 3 firmwares: 6.50 (pre-installed), 6.60 (not supported by your downgrader) and the new 6.61.

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:41 am
by Casavult
I've just been on the UK PSN website to grab the 6.61 update to see if psardumper will dump it... Whilst browsing the Firmware Archive, I noticed they have removed 6.60 from the history... It just jumps from 6.39 straight to 6.61...

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/support/system-software/

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:41 am
by The Z
Casavult wrote:I've just been on the UK PSN website to grab the 6.61 update to see if psardumper will dump it... Whilst browsing the Firmware Archive, I noticed they have removed 6.60 from the history... It just jumps from 6.39 straight to 6.61...

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/support/system-software/
Same case on the german sony website. I guess the european sony page just swapped the 6.60 in favor of the 6.61.

Re: 6.61 Downgrader

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:21 pm
by frostegater
qwikrazor87 wrote:
The Z wrote:And why Hexedit? Davee said it is open source :D
because I can :D (tried with the latest source but was failing somewhere after reboot)
viewtopic.php?p=113032